Two new shooters, now two missing shooters

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
The n00b

Two new shooters, now two missing shooters

Post by The n00b »

I remember there was this shooter that was going to come out for the xbox based on this comic book franchise. I don't really remember the name but it even had a preview on ign.

The next shmups was supposed to come out for all next gen systems including the game boy advance. A poster(I think it was Kosh) even put up a link to the dev group's great website which even had wallpaper and stuff. It was supposed to be pseudo 3d. So any ideas about these two shmups?
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Xanidide?
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
kong

Post by kong »

I think you're talking about Red Star and Xyanide. Red Star seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. Xyanide on the other hand is still in production and is now also slated for the ps2 in addition to just about every other console under the sun.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

kong wrote: Xyanide on the other hand is still in production and is now also slated for the ps2 in addition to just about every other console under the sun.
Really? You got any links?
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

Thanks Kong you hit the nail right in the grapes!
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
FRO

Post by FRO »

Strychnine

Post by Strychnine »

I wish they'd get a better demo on their page...I played it and was like "AHHH Crap! GET IT OFF ME!"

ahem.

It's the "looks-like-a-cell-phone-game" (well its supposed to be the ngage) quality that hurts me.
kong

Post by kong »

Here you go Ghegs.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/35395/

Took me awhile to find it but I knew I saw it on www.gametab.com a few days ago.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

kong wrote:Here you go Ghegs.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/35395/

Took me awhile to find it but I knew I saw it on www.gametab.com a few days ago.
Excellent, thanks. I might need to read up on the game after all.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Is this really a shmup? Those ngage pics on the official site show a quite "distorted" camera...

I have nothing against some Rez-style action. Just wanted to know if it's a Shmup or not.