Best Arcade only PCBs

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Brian

Re: Here's a short list of arcade PCBs with no console ports

Post by Brian »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:
Brian wrote:
PC Engine Fan X! wrote:
Tenkomori Variety Shooting -- 1998 Namco (I've seem this Namco produced shmup PCB on eBay twice but usually sells for about $200.00 to $250.00 by itself.)
I actually got this not too long ago for about $149 from a Japanese seller. It is a pretty cool mini game shooter, defintely worth the $149, but I doubt I would go as high as $250 for it.
For Brian,

I've seen two bare-bones Tenkomori Shooting PCBs sell for about $250.00 USD on eBay a few years back. It's the ultra rare USA Bios version of Tenkomori Variety Shooting PCB with all English language that I've personally only seen/played at the once-a-year California Extreme show. It's made appearances at the 2002, 2004, 2005 & this year's 2006 CAX show.

I wonder how many Namco produced USA Bios Tenkomori Variety Shooting PCBs were actually made? ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Here is the link to the board I won. It is JP rev, but no differences in gamplay, I presume?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6279229793
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

undamned wrote: Guwange - $200-$300
-ud
More like $300-$400 nowadays.
Brian wrote: Here is the link to the board I won. It is JP rev, but no differences in gamplay, I presume?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6279229793
Damn you b_steinb, you steal all the good deals from me! :wink: You have more good ebay finds than anyone I know.
PC Engine Fan X!

There isn't much between JP & USA Bios ver. of Tenkomori

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For Brian,

There aren't much differences between the original Japanese Bios version & the USA Bios version of Tenkomori Shooting/Tenkomori Variety Shooting PCBs.

The only things different with the USA Bios version of Tenkomori Variety Shooting PCB is the title of the extra word of "Variety" added to the Tenkomori Shooting game title on the main screen opening. All instructions for the the mini games in the USA bios version are presented entirely in English. There was an Namco of America employee who handled the Japanese "mini game" translations into English at the Tenkomori Shooting's (and Tenkomori Variety Shooting PCB as well) end credits scroll. I like how Tenkomori's ending credits are truly interactive indeed! ^_~

Other than the above listed differences, both country Bios versions are the same when it comes to the odd twenty-something+ mini games available for one to try out & gameplay is the same as usual. ^_~

Very interesting that there's a JVS hardware mounted on the Namco System 12 board that powers the Tenkomori Shooting/Tenkomori Variety Shooting PCBs.

And is it possible to play Tenkomori with JVS setup (besides the usual Jamma setup)?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
undamned

Re: There isn't much between JP & USA Bios ver. of Tenko

Post by undamned »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Very interesting that there's a JVS hardware mounted on the Namco System 12 board that powers the Tenkomori Shooting/Tenkomori Variety Shooting PCBs.

And is it possible to play Tenkomori with JVS setup (besides the usual Jamma setup)?
I can't recall which, but either my Gamshara or Mr. Driller G PCB had that JVS daughter board. I don't have a JVS cab, so I can't vouch for it's functionallity, but it's there.

I did try hooking the 15pin VGA connection to a VGA monitor w/o success ;)
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
zak

Re: Best Arcade only PCBs

Post by zak »

Rapid Hero.

(also wanted to necro bump because I found the old day prices funny) :p
Udderdude

Re: Best Arcade only PCBs

Post by Udderdude »

I found the lists themselves funny because a lot of them eventually got home ports.