Thunderforce story topic

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Thunderforce story topic

Post by Thunder Force »

Anyone with a passing interest in the storyline for Thunderforce series, may find this brief summary interesting, as a starting point

http://thunderforce.biography.ms

I'm pretty sure there's more detailed explorations of the series storyline elsewhere (mostly in japanese though), but I don't think I've seen this particular link until now.
zinger

Post by zinger »

Great info, thanks!
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

The whole time I read that, I had a nagging sense of deja vu. When I clicked the link to see what information they had on the Sega Saturn, I knew where I had seen it before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderforce
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

I wonder if what they say about Thunderforce 1 being originally released on the X1 is true. I know there's at least three versions of TF1, but this is the first place I've seen that claims to know which one came first. I'm a little skeptical since the writer says the PC-88 is a "variation" of the X1 when they're actually two totally different computers by two different companies. That implies to me that the writer might not know what he's talking about.
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Blue Lander wrote:I wonder if what they say about Thunderforce 1 being originally released on the X1 is true. I know there's at least three versions of TF1, but this is the first place I've seen that claims to know which one came first. I'm a little skeptical since the writer says the PC-88 is a "variation" of the X1 when they're actually two totally different computers by two different companies. That implies to me that the writer might not know what he's talking about.
It's a Wikipedia article, there isn't one writer, it's the collaborative effort of several people. Some of the facts probably got fudged during an edit. Go ahead and fix it if you want.
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

I could have sworn the enemy computer was called rynex and that the ship was called the stukks fighter in my pal thunder force 4 game ending and manual. I must beat it at the weekend to check.
Vidi Vici Veni