Gunbird SE - Nice PAL cover for once...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Seems that Europe is also getting "MLF2", that should be Shikigami no Shiro. If this is old news I apologize, I thought this was an US only release before.

I know one should not judge a book by its cover, but it's unlikely I'll win myself to get that thing.

and they had to pay 12+ beers to the reviewer this time too! :wink:
X - P - B
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

I wonder what the deal is with that Italian Mobile Light Force 2 cover. What happened to the Charlie's Angels cover. Are they planning to change the Italian version's sprites to robots ala Probotector or something.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Oh holy hell that's ugly.

Odd too, since MLF2 (Shikigami No Shiro) has already been released in Europe with the Charlie's Angels cover.

That cover looks like a fake, actually. The real covers all read "Mobile Light Force 2", not just MLF2. And the orange robot looks like it was just pasted there.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

One thing to note about the accuracy of the PS2 port of Gunbird 2...

Some of the Gem Head locations have been changed from the Arcade version (every Gem Head that I've triggered on the DC rev I can trigger in the Arcade). The Castle Stage, in particular, places the Gem Head in a far more precarious area of the level.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Ghegs wrote:Oh holy hell that's ugly.

Odd too, since MLF2 (Shikigami No Shiro) has already been released in Europe with the Charlie's Angels cover.

That cover looks like a fake, actually. The real covers all read "Mobile Light Force 2", not just MLF2. And the orange robot looks like it was just pasted there.
The cover might seem a fake, but this auction has self-explanatory photos:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... eName=WDVW
X - P - B
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

The best shmup covers I've seen are still Japanese Megadrive games; some truly AWESOME artwork on those!!
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Turrican wrote: The cover might seem a fake, but this auction has self-explanatory photos:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... eName=WDVW
Wow. :shock: Very peculiar. Since it's already been released in Europe with a horrible cover, why re-release it with, if possible, an even more horrible one? And just in Italy?
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Ghegs wrote:Wow. :shock: Very peculiar. Since it's already been released in Europe with a horrible cover, why re-release it with, if possible, an even more horrible one? And just in Italy?
Heh, I'd like to know as well. How was the Eu shikigami no Shiro /MLF2 that you knew? did it have the 60hz? what about in game changes?

btw, guys, you can already preorder Gunbird SE from play.com
X - P - B
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Turrican wrote: Heh, I'd like to know as well. How was the Eu shikigami no Shiro /MLF2 that you knew? did it have the 60hz? what about in game changes?
Actually, I don't own the PAL release, just the US one. I've seen it in several stores, though. I imagine it's exactly like the US release, just in 50hz. But consider this unconfirmed.
btw, guys, you can already preorder Gunbird SE from play.com
Ah, excellent. Well, 16 EUR delivered is definately not a bad price for this, especially since I'm confident Xplosiv will do a good job on it and I generally like to support PAL shmup releases, even if I already have the JPN versions. Pre-ordered.

Man, the end of March is going to see plenty of shmuppy action heading my way...this, Giga Wing Generations and Dragon Blaze. Cool.

My videos