Shooting Game Tournament 2006

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Rob wrote:
Icarus wrote: (And I'll be breaking that record if not this week, then the following week. *rubs hands in anticipation*)
And then I'll break the new record.
It's on now, son.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Enough of the trash talk-- let's see some scores!

My technical incompetence has kept me even from viewing replays. But someday this game will be mine! :twisted:
msm

Post by msm »

this is the most fun week of the tournament for me, guwange is brilliant, i'm enjoying every minute, and as has already been said, it's a lot easier to chain than in DoDonPachi and DOJ, i can't chain at all in thoes games after many many hours play, but in this one i can chain the first stage at least in a week :)
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

I think all the games we've played have been good. I've enjoyed and gained a better appreciation them all, though Star Force was frustrating and annoying, mostly because I didn't have autofire. Air Gallet made me want to get Batusugun again, Batrider made me think I should have bought it instead of Bakraid and Blazing Star made me realize that I really could have clobbered the score on the MVS at a local store had I realized how the score system worked at the time. I'm enjoying Guwange too and making good progress on it, though I'm sure I'll be pushed out of the top ten in a day or so.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
mulletgeezer

Post by mulletgeezer »

Yes, all the games we've had have been fun though a couple have dragged a little after 3 or 4 days for me. Not Guwange though, it's miles better than everything else we've played and I find it fun every single time I play. If Dragon Blaze is the best game since Chess then Guwange is surely the best since Go. :D
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Indeed. Most impressively, Guwange hasn't given me restart fever like some other games have.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Well, its the end of the tournament. Congratulations to all players and teams for a great tournament filled with excellent scores, plenty of drama, bitching and complaints, and a great level of competitiveness. Thoroughly enjoyable.

If you haven't noticed the change in my sig yet, namakoHQ is now open to the public, and there's a Records Database which I'm hoping people will start to use to maintain their personal records list. And as promised, all six of my score entries have replays now available, you can find the listing here. There's also a lot of strategies for the games covered in the STGT over there that may not be listed in our own Strategy Forum.

Thanks to Edge and DJI for running the show. Until next time. namakoteam-uk will defend our title as shmupsforum champions. ^_-
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm proud of The Knights, we may not have won but we played the right way and didn't cheat ourselves or the spirit of competition. I entered this tournament believing if I could become a more complete player, it would be worthwhile, and since that has happened that is the true prize to be won. And every other person in the competition who achieved this is also the real winner.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I feel good having not embarrassed myself in Cave and Raizing weeks.

I can't believe Team Cowboy yoinked MMM from our embryonic lineup. AND FOR WHAT? You know whose side to choose next time. :wink:
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Rob wrote:I feel good having not embarrassed myself in Cave and Raizing weeks.
I reckon everyone has done well. I was happy not to have completely messed up Psikyo Week, but got soundly trumped in Retro which isn't surprising to me, as I suck at Star Force. ^_-

Setting two new forum records and on the way to a third with Guwange is good enough for me, and I think I've developed better playing skills from this competition, which is always a bonus.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Rob wrote:I feel good having not embarrassed myself in Cave and Raizing weeks.

I can't believe Team Cowboy yoinked MMM from our embryonic lineup. AND FOR WHAT? You know whose side to choose next time. :wink:
I nominate Team Cowboy for the most useless team forum!
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

This is the Final Results to Shooting Game Tournament 2006
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 67&start=0

Many thanks to everyone who played and a congrats to all your victories, large and small.

For the record, we have this thread now.
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=11329

It is to sort out everything we can for the future of Shooting Game Tournament. Please contribute the best you can. Eliteist or not, everybody matters here.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I went through the entire goddamn tournament to look for questions for that thread. Here's a bunch of the funny shit I found along the way:

BulletMagnet wrote:*hugs Twiddle anyway*
Icarus wrote:You want me to head up what now? ^_-
Seriously, I'm not a team leader, I'd prefer just to play. I think you should head up the UK team. ^_-
_bnu wrote:Team Apes wishes the best of luck to Sexy Parodius, as Team Apes actually has that game in their possession!

APES! (You now prosess Dracula's rib.)
Twiddle wrote:
Shatterhand wrote:Funny, I always thought about suicide to be "anti-naturall", but playing yesterday I thought about suiciding in a very natural way.. heh, I was close to get an extend, and needed a bomb to reveal secret medals, but I had no bomb. So I killed myself, got the extend and got the secret medals.

My first shmup suicide ever!!! Yay!
Shatterhand has graduated!
jpj wrote:i've decide that i'm gonna submit an FAQ for blazing star in the strat section.................

next week.
zakk wrote:This is a good sign, the first boss has a pattern that rapes me. Oh boy.
Twiddle wrote:
landshark wrote:AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
Another satisfied customer
The Coop wrote:Wehw, so fahw I weawy haven't done much. I bwoke the tow miwwion mahk once, but that's it. I'm having a hehw of a time getting past stage fwee for some weason. I make it to the boss, and suddenwy I'm getting my widdow ass handed to me wegardwess of which ship I use. I did finawy get the medows up to ten thousand, so that wivened up the game a widdle bit. Made me heew a widdow bettow too. I guess it's not bad considewing I've never pwayed this game befow. Hopefuwy my scows will impwove.

And yes, I'm weawy getting sick of that damned announcow and his fucking Engwish wisp. I swear it's wike having Ewmer Fudd as yow copiwot.

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh.
Edge wrote:Ah, sorry that this confused-you.-It-actually-was-supposed-to-be-11:59am.-(In-the-middle-of-day)

I-am-using-this-"-"-instead-of-space-because-I....uhm-had-a-little-accident-while-I-played-Blazing-Star-and-left-out-a-blue-orb...

Actually-I-was-playing-crappy-all-day...-so-I-took-a-break,-played-crappy-again-no-prob-I-took-another-break.
But-I-wanted-to-beat-my-old-score-since-on-that.-22-mil-run-I_messed_up_some_stuff.
Maybe_worth_1-2_mil..._That's_the_theory_at_least.

Well_I_just_messed_up_another_run_and_pushed_"Esc"_to_escape_the_game.
However_MAME_requires_to_confirm_the_exit_and_instead_of_pushing_Enter_I_accidently_Smashed_my_fist_on_the_keyboard.
In_the_next_moment_I_saw_lots_of_keys_flying_threw_the_air...
Well_it_still_works_but_my_spacebar_doesn't_response_to_well_now...and_also_it_lies_on_the_table.
The_things_on_the_back_of_it_broke...

Oh...man,_I_need_a_new_keyboard_writing_like_this_is_a_pain.... -_-
_Bnu wrote:Yeah, here's my first and last score post for this piece of crap:

_Bnu - Team Apes/Loser - 895,000 - 15 (CRAP) - MAME

(Yes, I had to do it.)
Icarus wrote:
The Coop wrote:
Pirate1019 wrote: Nemo defends using the Cyan Colored Shield of Water and the team morale is fine.
DAT'S A FUCKING FIFTY DKP MINUS!
OH SHI~!!
NO EPIXXXX 4 U!
LOLOLOLOL
</WoW-speak>
Icarus wrote:
BulletMagnet wrote:Image

Consider me ready!
Icarus wrote:
DEL wrote:Anyway, I'm off to the arcade now to start my Grudge Match with Icarus.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

How could you leave out the epic and world shattering "Excellent" battle between myself and Icarus? Several major asteroids and comets had their trajectories permanently altered because of that battle's shock waves.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I know. there was like...8 of them. They were cool...but..we got the idea. I left my own jokes out too.

I was searching for the boring drama anyway. forgiiiiiiiive meeeeeeee :oops: :oops: :oops:

It's time for the mods to de-sticky this bitch anyway. Edge, man. Anything else? You gots tha gavel. Strike it. :wink: Close this sucker out!
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Destickied.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Zach Keene wrote:Destickied.
About damn time.

I was getting tired of having my shoes make that "SQUICK!" sound with each step because of the floor being like that. It was as bad as a dollar theater in here.