Shooting Game Tournament 2006

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Fenrir wrote:How the heck would you divide Europe then? It's harder than it seems, actually :?
That's a good point you raise
Look at the mess the Treaty of Versailles made :P
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Tychom wrote:
Acid King wrote:I'd play but I doubt I have the skills... plus, I'd want to head up the performance enhancing drug team.
I suck too, but if this is to be a true shmups contest it doesnt make much sense to me if only the top & most competitive players take part. I feel BulletMagnet's Republic of Crapistan team will be a happy place for those who just want to be part of it all.
Well in that case, I'll play. East coast, son, what?!
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Edge

Post by Edge »

Fenrir wrote:How the heck would you divide Europe then? It's harder than it seems, actually :?
Yeah this is going to be a bit difficult and this will depend on all the player available...

But we could form a skandinavian team with: Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark in one team? :)
Also if it is ok for you guys, we could have other teams where some contries form a team together.

And as last resort to get people join into teams, we may still do fun teams. Like team Atlantis or team Moon. "Mercy on the earth, GLORY WITH THE MOON" ... ...or something alike.

BTW: Looks like we might need 3 USA teams. 13 USA members already
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Edge wrote:And as last resort to get people join into teams, we may still do fun teams. Like team Atlantis or team Moon. "Mercy on the earth, GLORY WITH THE MOON" ... ...or something alike.
Nice Einhander reference. ^_-

Best thing to do is to split up players based on reputation - those known to be higher skilled and/or more consistent should head up each team, and other players organised as appropriate.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Best thing to do is to split up players based on reputation - those known to be higher skilled and/or more consistent should head up each team, and other players organised as appropriate.
Team Loser is hogging the defeatists and "reputation" is mostly bs anyways.

So obviously what I'm getting at is LET THERE BE 2-3 SUPERTEAMS! 8)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Team Fake USA for the win. If we had Rob, Gaijin Punch and I on a team, we'd have Psikyo, Takumi, and Cave games, as well as Ikaruga covered. :)
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

OH, COME ON, I'd love both a PC-Engine AND a C64 or Amiga week (Or the 3 options).

I'd like to play some games without a heavy score systems. Viewpoint and Gradius were very fun in Ramus shmeets, as Cyvern or Donpachi also were.

And in what team I'll play? I'll try to assemble a TEAM BRAZIL, if I can't do it, I'll just hang with the losers I guess :)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

NRS wrote:Very awesome name indeed. I should probably join this team as well (or International Brotherhood of Losers, whatever you guys decide to call it).
I'm actually leaning towards "Legion of Losers," thanks to the convenient "LOL" abbreviation, but in all honesty it doesn't matter, whatever the name is everyone already gets the idea. ;)
landshark

Post by landshark »

Shatterhand wrote: I'd like to play some games without a heavy score systems. Viewpoint and Gradius were very fun in Ramus shmeets, as Cyvern or Donpachi also were.
I hated Viewpoint, and Cyvern hated me.
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Icarus wrote: Best thing to do is to split up players based on reputation - those known to be higher skilled and/or more consistent should head up each team, and other players organised as appropriate.
This is better than countries against each other. We saw what happened with the Italy thread, and a lot of members are in countries where there aren't many other members so they won't get a fair shout.
Rob

Post by Rob »

freddiebamboo wrote:We saw what happened with the Italy thread,
We're healing wounds here.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Hmm, it seems like Plasmo prefers to be part of the Cowboy team. The German team might be a bit weak without him.

Edge, are you with me on team Germany?

I still hope PlasmaBlooD joins in and I also want to nominate FrederikJurk and CIT. If we can drag the two of them in, we'd have at least a decent number of members. I fear that I might not be able to play every chosen game due to emulation issues, so I think having a bit of variety in the team would be best.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

I think I finally conviced a friend of mine to register here.

I am part of a kind of "brazilian shmups.com" community, some brazilian fellows who are dedicated to shmups. I've been trying to tell them to register here for a while, but the language is always a barrier. At least one of them now is interested in registering.

Is this any bad? I mean, inviting someone who isn't a member on forum to register here to be part of this shmeet? Maybe he begins to be an active member.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

at this rate team "loosers" will have to be split up into west and east coast too.. cmon guys, no need for the uber-defensive attitude, its just for fun.. no-ones gonna pick on you for not being the top shot in the brackets, its not like were playing for life or death here :roll:

seems to be alot of confusion about this whole team issue anyways, my vote goes to country teams, but regardless im down for the tournament :)

i think this matter can be debated for ages, whoevers hosting teh tournament should just put your foot down and state the rules... theres no way everyones gona get 100% satisfied anyways. :)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
1up

Post by 1up »

team scandinavia sounds like a good idea as it seems im the only dane here 8)
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Herr Schatten wrote:Hmm, it seems like Plasmo prefers to be part of the Cowboy team. The German team might be a bit weak without him.

I still hope PlasmaBlooD joins in and I also want to nominate FrederikJurk and CIT. If we can drag the two of them in, we'd have at least a decent number of members. I fear that I might not be able to play every chosen game due to emulation issues, so I think having a bit of variety in the team would be best.
I nominate me for the Team Germany ;).I hope Plasmo start for the Team Germany/Shooterecke ;) too.:)
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Could we just set up the teams please because there are so many on the list... I'm in the D-ku Team obviously.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

I guess I'm in. The previous "shmeet" was quite a bit of fun.

I was sort of in between Tier II and III last time around, dunno where that places me team-wise. I kinda suck lately. XD
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

I still don't understand how the game will be chosen (random, I guess) and how many weeks it's gonna last the whole thing...
X - P - B
Rob

Post by Rob »

50 people have joined, so far. That should be 7-8 teams. Enough?
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Ok, so I'm the only French member... Seems like some of us are alone country-wise.
Rob

Re: THE NEW SHMEET

Post by Rob »

Edge, please replace the list in the original post with this. Thanks.

*snip*
Last edited by Rob on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Herr Schatten wrote:Hmm, it seems like Plasmo prefers to be part of the Cowboy team. The German team might be a bit weak without him.

Count me in! :D

I won't be able to participate until after the 20th though, should be okay though, right? The competition probably won't start before that anyway.

I also nominate AVE/aventus for team Germany, and I'm sure he will participate, although he's on holiday until the 20th (I think).
Tychom

Post by Tychom »

Whilst I'm neither French nor D-Ku I can always side that way if needs be, but it would make more sense if there was actually more than just the two people ... I know Guts from shmup.com is on here occasionally, Parodius too iirc. Definately needs more players before it can be called a Team tbh.
Japanese game name database (lottsa shmups!!!)
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Tychom lives in France but is not french, he's free to choose in which part he wants to be.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

This is starting to look like the Shmups World Cup.
Without the diving, red cards and extra-time comedy. ^_-
Rob

Post by Rob »

Tychom wrote:Whilst I'm neither French nor D-Ku I can always side that way if needs be, but it would make more sense if there was actually more than just the two people ... I know Guts from shmup.com is on here occasionally, Parodius too iirc. Definately needs more players before it can be called a Team tbh.
Yeah, the proposed teams below the dividing line need to be filled out somehow, to 5-7 people. Netherlands/France/Italy could be joined.

USA people with ?s or unspecified locations should probably choose between west/east/midwest/etc. OR BE RAFFLED OFF.
big_aug

Post by big_aug »

I'm USA, and on the east coast. Probably should beo nt he east team then =D
Rob

Post by Rob »

I want to formally invite Nemo and Professor Ganson to join the fake usa team. 8)
Last edited by Rob on Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Hi, I am of course playing with Team Cowboy.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ