SHINORUBI - new bullethell game

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ddshot

Re: SHINORUBI - new bullethell game

Post by Ddshot »

It’s normal for companies to have exclusives or exclusive content for there platform.
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Of all things to make exclusive to EXA, why this? I feel an extra level or ship (or even both) would've gone over way better.
Valtele

Post by Valtele »

A very interesting-looking game made with the love and dedication to CAVE's production. good job, you made a professional game and advertised it just right! I want to try it.
CAVE LUNATICS ~ a community devoted to the CAVE!
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Xbox announcement trailer (Xbox One/Series X|S)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yKdq4Liw4

Red Art Games will release Last Boss 88-developed shoot ’em up SHINORUBI for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch alongside its full release on PC via Steam in early 2023, the publisher announced. Physical editions are also planned.

-4K-compatible on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
-Play at 120 frames per second on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Astro City II wrote:Xbox announcement trailer (Xbox One/Series X|S)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yKdq4Liw4

Red Art Games will release Last Boss 88-developed shoot ’em up SHINORUBI for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch alongside its full release on PC via Steam in early 2023, the publisher announced. Physical editions are also planned.

-4K-compatible on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
-Play at 120 frames per second on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Very much looking forward to this. Love the 120fps mode!
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

When I saw this press release earlier, I was blanking on which game it was, but now I remember: 'the game that made everyone angry by making tate EXA exclusive'

Why does the cover model have two lenses in her goggles?
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Finally.

I will be buying the PS4 version asap.
LASTBOSS88

Post by LASTBOSS88 »

Hello,

We are very happy to announce that the game will be released on all consoles in 2023 (switch, ps4, ps5, xbox one, xbox series X/S)
The game is published by RED ART GAMES

Here is the announcement video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEBPGROX3UY

SHINORUBI - bullethell game
https://www.lastboss88.com/
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

LASTBOSS88 wrote:Hello,

We are very happy to announce that the game will be released on all consoles in 2023 (switch, ps4, ps5, xbox one, xbox series X/S)
[/img]
What’re the details on the physical releases ?
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

In the video it brings up 120fps on PS5 and Xbox. Is that also available in the PC version?
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
LASTBOSS88

Post by LASTBOSS88 »

Jeneki wrote:In the video it brings up 120fps on PS5 and Xbox. Is that also available in the PC version?
if you have a screen that accepts these frequencies, and a fairly fast computer. Yes
LASTBOSS88

Post by LASTBOSS88 »

kid aphex wrote:
LASTBOSS88 wrote:Hello,

[/img]
What’re the details on the physical releases ?
our publisher will communicate later on the details of the physical versions. stay tuned
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

Physical release coming from Red Art Games going up for pre-order on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/REDARTGAMES/status/ ... 56228?s=20
LASTBOSS88

Post by LASTBOSS88 »

Hello everybody.
I am very happy to announce the release of the game SHINORUBI on consoles (PS4, PS5, SWITCH, XBOX...)

Gamers only interested in the physical game will also be able to pre-order the #Shinorubi Standard Edition for Nintendo Switch, PS5 & PS4
All of #Shinorubi's physical editions as well as its digital versions will come out during Q4 2023!
Its release date will be revealed later

Switch owners will also be able to pre-order the #Shinorubi Pink Edition!
This exclusive & colorful version includes:
A copy of Shinorubi
A SteelBook
A double-sided poster featuring new artwork (to be revealed)
The game’s Soundtrack on CD
(design to be revealed) 2,000 copies

The time to rise against Queen NEMESIS BAÄA is almost upon us! Danmaku shooter #Shinorubi is coming to consoles Q4 2023 and so are multiple physical editions! Let’s take a look at what you will be able to pre-order starting this Thursday at 5 PM CEST. https://bit.ly/Shinorubi

PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Went ahead and pre-ordered Switch Shinorubi version. It'd sure be nice if it had tate option from the get-go (but I know that's an Exa-Arcadia exclusive feature indeed).

And is it Steam Deck compatible? I noticed that it's available on Steam as an "Early Access" version.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
PC Engine Fan X!

Shinorubi does run on the Steam Deck handheld but with framerates of 24fps and lower (despite selecting either low, high or extreme graphic settings found within Shinorubi's "Video" sub-menu setting). Seems to me that such a high-spec powered PC gaming rig is needed to be able to run it at a consistent 60fps, 120fps & 144fps framerates (which the Steam Deck seems quite under-powered to run it even in the preferable "arcade-spec" 60fps framerate mode). The framerate only jumps up to 54fps between stages when tallying up the big star icons then dips to the usual 20-24fps for a stage playing session.

Tried tinkering with Steam Deck's main graphical settings but "no cigar for me" -- it's not possible to bump up the framerate with this particular Steam game as is (considering it's still listed as "Early Access" as of right now). It really needs to be further optimized to run at the minimal 60fps framerate benchmark/goal, Steam Deck-wise. Hmmm...

Perhaps the Windows 11 powered Asus portable handheld of Rog Ally might be more competent to run the Steam version of Shinorubi at 60fps but that's priced at $699.99 usd.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

LastBoss88 are the console versions still coming?

I hope the Exa version hasn't ruined this for everyone.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I messed with this a bit after I bought it, but haven't been back to it in a minute. I need to rectify that, but my gaming plate is a bit full. I did preorder the physical, though. I enjoyed the soundtrack as I was playing it, and I definitely appreciate the art style, though I got heavy SDOJ vibes from the sheer amount of flash and visual business.
LASTBOSS88

Post by LASTBOSS88 »

Hello everybody,

SHINORUBI will finally be released in January 2024 :D
on SWITCH, PS4, PS5, XBOX

https://www.redartgames.com/search?cont ... =shinorubi

If you want to support a small developer who makes shmup, now is the time :mrgreen:

Good day to all
PC Engine Fan X!

Yep, listed on the USA region Nintendo Switch eShop site as of today, 12-08-2023, Shinorubi is listed to appear for purchase on 1/12/2024 at a modest $19.99 usd pricepoint as a mere 986mb d/l. The overall framerate-per-second has been capped to 30fps (when it'd be more ideal as a 60fps framerate overall presentation to begin with). As it is, Shinorubi is a very graphical intensive stg (hence the 30fps cap limit -- unless a future patch can bump it up to more respectable 60fps).

Even playing Shinorubi on a Steam Deck setup never hits the minimum 60fps framerate benchmark.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

30fps? Ouch
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

LASTBOSS88 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:15 pm If you want to support a small developer who makes shmup, now is the time :mrgreen:
I'm not sure i appreciate the moral appeal from a developer that chooses to make the proper Tate mode for their vertical shmup unavailable.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Not looking like a great Switch release. Would have liked to get that version. Gotta go with PS4/5 if that one is 60.
sanbancha

Post by sanbancha »

LASTBOSS88 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:52 am @Astro City II @Redfox
we are already going to finish the steam version. Then we will work on the console versions (switch, ps 4/5 xbox x)
I think what LASTBOSS88 meant to say was that they would only beta test on Steam then provide no futher updates, finish and release the exclusive exa version first, then move on to finish and release the Switch, PS4/5, Xbox X ports in January 2024, and lastly the Steam version at some point in the distant future.

Could you please clarify your statement?
Giga Power

Post by Giga Power »

Excited to play this on Series X on the 12th of January. 8)
PC Engine Fan X!

Both the PS5 and Series X console are more than capable of handling the "arcade-spec" 60fps framerate quite easily with Shinorubi indeed. You might recall the Switch stg port of Pawarumi initially had a 30fps framerate cap (but did finally get a proper 60fps framerate upgrade courtesy of the developer -- it took a whole year to make it happen/a reality though according to Manufacter 43 -- they admitted that it was really difficult to pull it off successfully). Perhaps the Switch port could benefit from a 60fps framerate patch in the nearby future, right LASTBOSS88?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
PC Engine Fan X!

Shinorubi's finally appeared on the USA region Microsoft Marketplace with a respectable $19.99 usd pricepoint & is a mere 3.32gb d/l at best and is at version 1.0.0.22_RAG {short for Red Art Games} (plus an additional 1.7gb of internal memory storage is needed to get it up & running properly on the Series S/X is necessary, otherwise it won't boot up/be playable period). Considering that the Exa-Arcadia version of the same name is playing in yoko or the exclusive tate version found nowhere else, at least the Series S/X consoles can run it in the meant-to-be "arcade-spec" 60fps framerate benchmark (something that even the Steam Deck can't do properly from the get-go given it's "Early Access" status as of right now).

With up to 120fps framerate in 4K resolution with a proper 4K TV or high-end PC gaming monitor endowed with HDMI 2.1 protocol, it's all possible on the Series X hardware indeed (just select 120hz in the Screen Option setting and you're good to in that particular department).

On the Series S, you can select 60hz from Screen option setting and it's super silky smooth with the 60fps framerate deal -- I'm throughly impressed.

You can disable overall screen curvature effect entirely if it isn't to your liking (since it's enabled on default upon initial boot up for the very first time -- something to take into consideration).

The top 11 high scores are saved for posterity with each difficulty setting -- it just takes a few minutes for the local leaderboard to be updated with your latest scoring run (assuming that you score high enough to place within those 11 spots).

Rumble haptic feedback can dialed down/turned off completely if so desired (it's set at 100% on default setting upon initial boot up) -- the Series S/X controller will shake like crazy if it's not adjusted beforehand when attempting to do a serious Shinorubi scoring run.

There is a demo run that takes place in between showing the main title screen (the Exa-Arcadia version shows the same exact demo run as well but with "Insert Credit/s" or shows "Free Play" instead of "Press Any Button" as shown on the console ports).

----------

On the PS4, Shinorubi is a 1.207gb d/l with a listed price of $19.99 usd as well. Is currently version 1.0.2.6_RAG as of 1/12/2024. There aren't any extra "Video" options listed with the PS4 port and does run at 60fps framerate with no issues whatsoever. Rumble effects is listed at 100% at default setting upon initial boot up for the first time.

----------

On the Switch, it's a 982.4mb d/l. Is listed at version 1.0.2.4_RAG. Has been confirmed that this particular port has the dreaded 30fps framerate issue at hand. Has the same $19.99 usd pricetag listed on the USA region Nintendo Switch eShop as of today, 1/12/2024. Doesn't have any extra "Video" options on the options screen either. Rumble effects are, again, listed at 100% at default setting upon initial booting up for the first time.

Looks awesome on a Switch Oled setup nevertheless and is playable "on the go" which is a positive plus in my book. At the very least, the Switch port has a better framerate, marginally, than on the Steam Deck port which chugs along at a measly 24fps framerate (during an actual stage run session) as of right now -- still better than having no port running on the Switch, right?

----------

So your best bet is to play Shinorubi either on the Series S/X or the PS4/5 gaming consoles if you want/desire that stable and consistent 60fps framerate for serious scoring runs. The Steam Deck port really needs some serious optimization to get Shinorubi to run at the minimum 60fps framerate threshold -- then it'd be playable as originally intended. I look forward with eager anticipation with the upcoming patch to make this happen whenever it gets released down the road in 2024.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
AntiramDSR

Post by AntiramDSR »

still not sure about getting this game on series s.

hate the verizontal/exarcadia move from devs...

orherwise looks like it could make up for the lack of crimzon clover on series s... opinions?
PC Engine Fan X!

Yes, with the overall verizontal presentation going on with the console ports, it's still playable. It'd be quite easy to implement tate with the console ports but it ain't gonna happen with the Exa-Arcadia release as that is the definitive version to own/play currently. We'll just have to be content with how it is, console-wise.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Mental note:
-think twice about buying another shmup, day one, on Steam early access
-never touch anything else these guys release

I like to support indie titles as much as the next guy, but releasing something on early access, abandon it for 2 years without a single update, so they can release the game on every platform under the sun, and only now they will (will they?) work on updating the PC/Steam version, that's quite something.