shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:46 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2021
Posts: 37
This is getting a physical release on the Switch / PS5 this year from VGNYSoft (along with some other shmups).


https://twitter.com/LimitedGameNews/sta ... 16qzGVvqQw


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:01 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 178
Location: Finland
The physicals should be PS4 (not PS5) and Switch


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:45 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2021
Posts: 37
pieslice wrote:
The physicals should be PS4 (not PS5) and Switch


Thanks for the clarification. I'll be grabbing it on PS4!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:06 am 



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 1048
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Pie, I picked up your game on PS4 sale today and am really pleased! Definitely a Tat 2 homage but for me, simply more fun out of the gate. Nice punchy sound too.

Two things if you're still up for passing patch suggestions on to the EastAsia people: "Sharp" lo-res doesn't seem to do anything (in standard letterbox mode anyway) but zoom the image all the way into dead center - so far that you can't even see to navigate the menu and may have to exit and delete the save file in order to restart the game in viewable status. Very strange. And I don't know if you got around to determining how quick input was in this version, but it does feel a bit laggy. I can't honestly tell if it's lag or "momentum" built into the ship's movement, but it definitely doesn't feel snappy like IMO it should. If this is lag that can be patched, that would be awesome and perfect the experience.

Anyway, the game's giving me exactly the period experience I'd hoped!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:27 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 178
Location: Finland
bigbadboaz wrote:
Pie, I picked up your game on PS4 sale today and am really pleased! Definitely a Tat 2 homage but for me, simply more fun out of the gate. Nice punchy sound too.

Two things if you're still up for passing patch suggestions on to the EastAsia people: "Sharp" lo-res doesn't seem to do anything (in standard letterbox mode anyway) but zoom the image all the way into dead center - so far that you can't even see to navigate the menu and may have to exit and delete the save file in order to restart the game in viewable status. Very strange. And I don't know if you got around to determining how quick input was in this version, but it does feel a bit laggy. I can't honestly tell if it's lag or "momentum" built into the ship's movement, but it definitely doesn't feel snappy like IMO it should. If this is lag that can be patched, that would be awesome and perfect the experience.

Anyway, the game's giving me exactly the period experience I'd hoped!


Hi. Thanks for finding out the bug. Looks like the same bug is in the Steam version as well so at first I'll patch the Steam version and forward the fix instructions to EastAsiaSoft and ask if they are willing to supply the patch to console versions as well.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:56 pm 



Joined: 11 May 2021
Posts: 553
Location: Tokyo
I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:07 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 178
Location: Finland
Steven wrote:
I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...


Hi. Answered in Steam discussion


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:19 pm 



Joined: 11 May 2021
Posts: 553
Location: Tokyo
pieslice wrote:
Steven wrote:
I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...


Hi. Answered in Steam discussion

Yep, got it fixed. Thanks for the help!


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:21 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 178
Location: Finland
Crisis Wing version 1.3 is out!

Patch notes:

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a rare case where controller input from game affected the pause menu selection.
• Fixed an issue where selecting the combination of Sharp low-res option and Full Stretch game view size caused the game view to be obfuscated by too high pixel scale.

Adjustments:

• Letting bosses or mid-bosses escape will increase the game's internal difficulty.
• Slightly reduced the health of the third wave mid-boss in the Boss Rush Mode.

Technical Upgrades:

• Improved controller support:
- Added official support for DualSense and Xbox Series S/X controllers.
- Improved support for XInput compatible controllers in Windows.
- Simplified the controller mapping UI.
- Reduced input lag for both controllers and keyboard.
• Added support for both Borderless Fullscreen and Exlusive Fullscreen. Exclusive Fullscreen allows you to set the screen refresh rate to your liking whereas Borderless Fullscreen uses the desktop refresh rate.
• Windowed mode changes:
- Window is in 3:4 aspect ratio without borders
- Window is auto-scaled to fit your desktop - resolution is ignored in the windowed mode.
• Added Apple Silicon binaries to macOS version.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:07 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 13472
Location: Wherever.
The itch version appears to still be 1.1.2a, will the update be coming to that one as well?
_________________
Glossary / Discussion / The Bizaar / Vasara HS


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:21 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 178
Location: Finland
Uploaded 1.1.3a to itch.io


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 am 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 8041
VideogamesNY has the exclusive rights to sell/distribute the Crisis Wing Switch cartridge version stateside through it's own site with a preorder offer: https://store-kzjsut.mybigcommerce.com/ ... do-switch/

Cool to see Crisis Wing being finally released on the Switch as an actual game card for the Q3 of 2022 indeed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: el_rika, MaXXX and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group