shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:46 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Crisis Wing - Out now!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm 

This is getting a physical release on the Switch / PS5 this year from VGNYSoft (along with some other shmups).

https://twitter.com/LimitedGameNews/sta ... 16qzGVvqQw

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:01 pm 

The physicals should be PS4 (not PS5) and Switch

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:45 pm 

pieslice wrote:
The physicals should be PS4 (not PS5) and Switch

Thanks for the clarification. I'll be grabbing it on PS4!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:06 am 

Pie, I picked up your game on PS4 sale today and am really pleased! Definitely a Tat 2 homage but for me, simply more fun out of the gate. Nice punchy sound too.

Two things if you're still up for passing patch suggestions on to the EastAsia people: "Sharp" lo-res doesn't seem to do anything (in standard letterbox mode anyway) but zoom the image all the way into dead center - so far that you can't even see to navigate the menu and may have to exit and delete the save file in order to restart the game in viewable status. Very strange. And I don't know if you got around to determining how quick input was in this version, but it does feel a bit laggy. I can't honestly tell if it's lag or "momentum" built into the ship's movement, but it definitely doesn't feel snappy like IMO it should. If this is lag that can be patched, that would be awesome and perfect the experience.

Anyway, the game's giving me exactly the period experience I'd hoped!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:27 am 

bigbadboaz wrote:
Pie, I picked up your game on PS4 sale today and am really pleased! Definitely a Tat 2 homage but for me, simply more fun out of the gate. Nice punchy sound too.

Two things if you're still up for passing patch suggestions on to the EastAsia people: "Sharp" lo-res doesn't seem to do anything (in standard letterbox mode anyway) but zoom the image all the way into dead center - so far that you can't even see to navigate the menu and may have to exit and delete the save file in order to restart the game in viewable status. Very strange. And I don't know if you got around to determining how quick input was in this version, but it does feel a bit laggy. I can't honestly tell if it's lag or "momentum" built into the ship's movement, but it definitely doesn't feel snappy like IMO it should. If this is lag that can be patched, that would be awesome and perfect the experience.

Anyway, the game's giving me exactly the period experience I'd hoped!

Hi. Thanks for finding out the bug. Looks like the same bug is in the Steam version as well so at first I'll patch the Steam version and forward the fix instructions to EastAsiaSoft and ask if they are willing to supply the patch to console versions as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:56 pm 

I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:07 pm 

Steven wrote:
I got this game on Steam a few days ago. Getting a black screen whenever I try to exit the game or if I try to go back to the menu after a game over. Any advice? I posted about it on Steam as well, but I figured since you're here as well...

Hi. Answered in Steam discussion

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:19 pm 

pieslice wrote:
Steven wrote:

Hi. Answered in Steam discussion

Yep, got it fixed. Thanks for the help!

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:21 pm 

Crisis Wing version 1.3 is out!

Patch notes:

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a rare case where controller input from game affected the pause menu selection.
• Fixed an issue where selecting the combination of Sharp low-res option and Full Stretch game view size caused the game view to be obfuscated by too high pixel scale.

Adjustments:

• Letting bosses or mid-bosses escape will increase the game's internal difficulty.
• Slightly reduced the health of the third wave mid-boss in the Boss Rush Mode.

Technical Upgrades:

• Improved controller support:
- Added official support for DualSense and Xbox Series S/X controllers.
- Improved support for XInput compatible controllers in Windows.
- Simplified the controller mapping UI.
- Reduced input lag for both controllers and keyboard.
• Added support for both Borderless Fullscreen and Exlusive Fullscreen. Exclusive Fullscreen allows you to set the screen refresh rate to your liking whereas Borderless Fullscreen uses the desktop refresh rate.
• Windowed mode changes:
- Window is in 3:4 aspect ratio without borders
- Window is auto-scaled to fit your desktop - resolution is ignored in the windowed mode.
• Added Apple Silicon binaries to macOS version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:07 pm 

The itch version appears to still be 1.1.2a, will the update be coming to that one as well?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:21 am 

Uploaded 1.1.3a to itch.io

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 am 

VideogamesNY has the exclusive rights to sell/distribute the Crisis Wing Switch cartridge version stateside through it's own site with a preorder offer: https://store-kzjsut.mybigcommerce.com/ ... do-switch/

Cool to see Crisis Wing being finally released on the Switch as an actual game card for the Q3 of 2022 indeed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6