Ray'z Arcade Chronology [Taito x M2] - PS4/Switch [2023]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
jehu

Re: Ray'z Arcade Chronology [Taito x M2] - PS4/Switch [2023]

Post by jehu »

BEWARE: RAYCRISIS STORY SPOILERS AHEAD

TW: GENOCIDE, OLD HUMAN, SPICES

PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Spoiler
Steven

Post by Steven »

^All it needs is A-Earth, Xi-Tiger, and Epsilon and a thing that says that it will THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE because it's FOR MEGADRIVERS CUSTOM and it will basically be a bootleg Alien Soldier.

Anyway, this now has a special Amazon Prime Day exclusive bonus game: R-Gear. Apparently only 1 stage exists. I hate when companies do shit like this, as I refuse to pay subscription fees for anything and I used my free trial of Amazon Prime already. I guess I can just make a new account or something. I hope.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Ah R-Gear would be cool to play. It was a direct sequel to Rayforce with very similar 2D graphics. Apparently the dev team started work on it without approval from the higher ups and it never did get greenlit.

R-Gear gameplay video:

https://youtu.be/1t5uOXGWgd8
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Steven wrote:special Amazon Prime Day exclusive
It's like a joke announcement. Sad way to make cash.
jehu

Post by jehu »

Amazing that we're getting R-Gear, but yeah, bit of a sleazy feel to this whole Amazon Prime Day thing. A bit early to be throwing down cash on something coming out in [undisclosed month] 2023.

If I recall, Taito did something similar with the Darius Collection offering the Game Boy version as a bonus. R-Gear might make an appearance on the inevitable Strictly Limited release, but now you're probably talking somewhere in the range of late-2023/mid-2024.

To the people that bought the Japanese release of the Cosmic Collection: Was there ever a language select option added once the English translation appeared?
Steven

Post by Steven »

Bassa-Bassa wrote:
Steven wrote:special Amazon Prime Day exclusive
It's like a joke announcement. Sad way to make cash.
Yeah, it's fucking stupid. I'll make a throwaway new account for the free trial and get it that way. It's not like they'll stop you; I used a free Prime trial to get the special CD or whatever it was for the PC Engine mini Prime Day thing and just never paid for a real subscription and they never bothered to take away the Prime Day bonus. It doesn't cost anything extra, so might as well.
jehu wrote:Amazing that we're getting R-Gear, but yeah, bit of a sleazy feel to this whole Amazon Prime Day thing. A bit early to be throwing down cash on something coming out in [undisclosed month] 2023.
March 9th
heli

Post by heli »

Steven if you live on nr 13 you can order on 13A 13B etc.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

jehu wrote:To the people that bought the Japanese release of the Cosmic Collection: Was there ever a language select option added once the English translation appeared?
I bought the Japanese physical on Switch. When the patch came out the English translation automatically appeared. I assume it's tied to the language your console is set to. No option in game that I noticed. Japan region G Darius HD seems to work the same except that the English version was available at launch.

I would assume Ray'z will be the same if they do end up making a translated international release.
jehu

Post by jehu »

Rastan78 wrote:
jehu wrote:To the people that bought the Japanese release of the Cosmic Collection: Was there ever a language select option added once the English translation appeared?
I bought the Japanese physical on Switch. When the patch came out the English translation automatically appeared. I assume it's tied to the language your console is set to. No option in game that I noticed. Japan region G Darius HD seems to work the same except that the English version was available at launch.

I would assume Ray'z will be the same if they do end up making a translated international release.
That's excellent to know. I suppose it's close to a given, but ever since the Day 1 patch debacle with Cotton Reboot, I feel like I have to make sure on a case by case basis.

Steven wrote:
jehu wrote:Amazing that we're getting R-Gear, but yeah, bit of a sleazy feel to this whole Amazon Prime Day thing. A bit early to be throwing down cash on something coming out in [undisclosed month] 2023.
March 9th
Oh word, thanks Steven, I'll update the topic post then. Didn't see that the release date came with the rest of the news.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oh R-Gear. Here's hoping some crazy motherfuckers (I'm guessing Namiki and the Aleste III guys) go for a full game rebuild someday, based on the graphing paper dev notes you just know are sitting in a filing cabinet somewhere. A stage demo is nice, but it'll just lead to more Saddest Words Of Tongue And Pen aka What Coulda Been~ 3;
jehu wrote:
Rastan78 wrote:

That's excellent to know. I suppose it's close to a given, but ever since the Day 1 patch debacle with Cotton Reboot, I feel like I have to make sure on a case by case basis.
Exactly the same on PS4. I'm pretty sure it's tied to your console's system language, as Rastan says. I bought the Japanese versions of both Cozmic Collections and G-Darius HD post-patch, and have only ever seen them in English.

Pretty good English too :cool:
Spoiler
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I bought G-Darius HD JP PSN shortly after it came out and it already had full English text. The odd thing is that the Sagaia GB included with the SLG Darius Cozmic Revelation for Switch doesn't have English text and SLG sent out a translation guide instead.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

This doesn’t come out until 2023…?
Wut.
Just save the announcement until 1-2 months out.
Especially if it’s just a collection of 3, 20+year old games.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Yeah, the current hype is gonna be at lot less strong at that point lol. Really weird
subcons

Ray'z Arcade Chronology [Taito x M2] - PS4/Switch [2023]

Post by subcons »

Maybe they’re just giving everyone a heads up about this and the mini console so fans know what they’re currently working on instead of the next Toaplan Garage release? A lot of people seem to be impatiently waiting for the Tatsujin collection and beyond and we all thought it’d be here by the end of the year or at least Spring 2023. If they’re tied up with these projects, that might be on hold.
StrzxgvNuvWvfld

Post by StrzxgvNuvWvfld »

kid aphex wrote:This doesn’t come out until 2023…?
Wut.
Just save the announcement until 1-2 months out.
Especially if it’s just a collection of 3, 20+year old games.
I was considering buying Layer Section. Probably not going to bother now.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm one of the few people who don't understand Japanese. What's he saying?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sumez wrote:I'm one of the few people who don't understand Japanese.

Japanese communcations intercepted by allied command seem angry @ R-Gear: Single Stage Blueballed Cockteaser Label ~ JFC Get Me Off Already You Sadistic Bitch! being Amazon Japan-exclusive; mentions Amazon Japan being "a tower of shit" full of "shit eaters" that must "vanish from the Earth." Suspected kamikaze attack by enraged bald man inbound. Image
Kamiya wrote:Hey, I'm here ...
Also, sacrifice the game and catch the money ... Is the person in charge happy to be able to face a company like shit ...? Let your family eat sushi with dirty money.
Even if you say a company, it's a group of people, and I think that the company can be good or bad depending on the mindset of the people. It's a towering shit tower ... disappear from the earth, the harm of the industry ...
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

How am I supposed to make sense of any of that ?_?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Basically, if you were one of the godless shitbirds who forced punters to sign up for Amazon Prime to receive the R-Gear demo, Kamiya thinks you and the rest of your company EAT DA POO-POO :[

And the thing is, he's right!
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

So the special edition will come with a strategy guide called "Ray'z Mission Maneuver Manual."

https://twitter.com/TAITO_Apps/status/1 ... IwB1g&s=19
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Sumez wrote:How am I supposed to make sense of any of that ?_?
Let me take a stab at it the old-fashioned way. His language is really...colloquial and colourful, but also a lot of those phrases just transliterate awkwardly. I'm kind of impressed the machine translation did that well with it.

ほーら来たぞ…

Hey, here it is [Ray'z Arcade Chronology]

またゲームを生け贄にしてマネーをキャッチするんだとよ…

Again, they sacrifice the game to grab the money...

担当者は糞みたいな会社にええ顔できてご満悦か…?

Do management get off on putting a smiling face on a shitty company...?

汚れたカネで家族にたらふく寿司食わせて汚ねえニヤけヅラ晒しとけよドブ野郎が…

Let your families eat sushi to their heart's content with dirty money, exposed for the filthy grinning gutter bastards you are.

会社と言っても人間の集まりで

2nd Tweet:

Though it's called a company it's a collection of people,

その人間の心持ち次第で会社は良くも悪くもなるとは思ってますけどね…

and I think that a company becomes better or worse depending on what's in the hearts of those people.

こうなるともうタイトーをいう会社は全社をあげてクソだろ…

If this is what the company called Taito has come to, they're pretty much shitting on the whole industry...

クソみたいな社風でそそり立つクソの塔ですよ…

A shitty corporate culture gives rise to a tower of shit...

地球から消滅しろ業界の害悪が…

Disappear from the face of the Earth, you pox on the industry...
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Damn… Ice cold.
I love it.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Is he talking about Platinum's TMNT? Or their shitty attempt at creating a live service cash cow called Babylon's Fall? Or Sol Cresta running like a towering tower of doo doo on Switch and still costing 50 USD with day one story DLC?

Oh wait he's talking about Taito? :lol:
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

What game is being sacrificed?
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Sumez wrote:What game is being sacrificed?
Kamiya is irate about R-Gear prototype level being an Amazon eclusive.

Since he's so viciously calling out Taito's cash grab, I'm just saying Platinum isn't exactly perfect either. One of the things that annoys me about Kamiya is he's a classic example of, "you can dish it out, but you can't take it."
Steven

Post by Steven »

I can't stand Kamiya. He comes across as an arrogant, narcissistic, and racist dirtbag at best. At the same time, I unfortunately agree with him about this Amazon Prime R-Gear thing. It is most fortunate that you can make a throwaway Amazon account, get the thing on a free trial of Prime, and then never actually pay the subscription fee, as Amazon doesn't seem to care if you do that for some reason and I will abuse the shit out of that to get R-Gear.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

I think Kamiya's rant hides a deeper lament about the future of Japanese companies and the effects of globalization. Here's Nishiyama explaning this vision with a colder head, in case it's necessary:

https://youtu.be/uqRFod7nuHo?t=1461
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I figured it out
Kamiya = Midnightwolf
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Rastan78 wrote:
Sumez wrote:What game is being sacrificed?
One of the things that annoys me about Kamiya is he's a classic example of, "you can dish it out, but you can't take it."
That's one of my biggest pet peeves regarding anyone who talks shit on the internet. If you want to talk shit, then great. The internet is made for talking shit. But you better be able to handle your bantz when you get some shit back.
Rastan78 wrote:
Is he talking about Platinum's TMNT? Or their shitty attempt at creating a live service cash cow called Babylon's Fall? Or Sol Cresta running like a towering tower of doo doo on Switch and still costing 50 USD with day one story DLC?

Oh wait he's talking about Taito? :lol:
Or how about that shitty licensed Korra game? :lol: People act like Platinum never make bad or mediocre games.