Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this winter

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jonpachi

Re: Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this win

Post by Jonpachi »

You can't just update your address on your account and be good to go. You have to put in a support ticket for the specific title and have them update it, or else it will go to whatever address you had listed at the time the order was placed.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
JJHLH

Post by JJHLH »

I just recently joined the forum and this is my first post.

Dangun Feveron, oh my goodness, what an incredible game!!

And M2 did their usual wonderful job with it.

Masterpiece.
Charles7288

Post by Charles7288 »

I thought it was coming to ps4/steam. I got my hopes up really high there for a bit before I double checked the countdown and it said DDP DFK.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Mine came today. The "book" is just a color two sided poster, which is fine, but I'm bummed the inside of the cover doesn't have art other than a single disco ball under the game.

Also, the gadgets on this release are a bit lackluster, but I realize it's one of the early efforts, the current ones are much better!
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Koa Zo wrote:
Lethe wrote:I hope this release ignites some more interest in playing. If you guys start soon you'll probably ALL2 before I do.
This physical version isn't going to ship until near the end of the year, so don't hold your breath.
Yup, by the way... :)
aphexacid

Post by aphexacid »

Got mine today as well. The disc was flying around in the case, a few scratches on it. Haven’t tried it yet though. Got a bunk little trading card with it. Still can’t believe it took so long. Never actually bought from limited run, I have garegga but bought it aftermarket. Probably wouldn’t do this again.

Actually scratch that, give me Guwange, and hyper duel and a proper Ibara and I’m in.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

If anyone else got the Collector's Edition, that has now started shipping as well (standard edition shipped earlier). Mine is on the way as of yesterday.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

aphexacid wrote:Got mine today as well. The disc was flying around in the case, a few scratches on it. Haven’t tried it yet though. Got a bunk little trading card with it. Still can’t believe it took so long. Never actually bought from limited run, I have garegga but bought it aftermarket. Probably wouldn’t do this again.

Actually scratch that, give me Guwange, and hyper duel and a proper Ibara and I’m in.
Pretty much every single LRG I've ever purchased has the disk rattling around, I'm not sure they actually press them in the damn case before mailing!

Never had scratches though!
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

XtraSmiley wrote:
aphexacid wrote:Got mine today as well. The disc was flying around in the case, a few scratches on it. Haven’t tried it yet though. Got a bunk little trading card with it. Still can’t believe it took so long. Never actually bought from limited run, I have garegga but bought it aftermarket. Probably wouldn’t do this again.

Pretty much every single LRG I've ever purchased has the disk rattling around, I'm not sure they actually press them in the damn case before mailing!

My copy has been on a transatlantic flight and left London yesterday, so you guys are making me anxious :( .
heli

Post by heli »

XtraSmiley wrote:
aphexacid wrote:Pretty much every single LRG I've ever purchased has the disk rattling around
This happens when shipping single sealed disks,
if possible i prefer pickup at shop, they send many games in a big box to the shop and the disks wont float.
If i sell games i take the booklet out and place on top of disk or add tissue paper on top of the disk against floating.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Martinov wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:

My copy has been on a transatlantic flight and left London yesterday, so you guys are making me anxious :( .
I wouldn't worry about it, as I said, like 10-15 LRGs, all with floating disk, zero scratches (I always look closely). I think scratching is pretty rare to be honest, as many games I order in the US (not LRG, normal orders) that get mailed to me result in disks bouncing around, no damage yet.

I did see a video where you can force the disk back into the spindle without opening the case! It works, but I open all my games to play, so I just did it for fun.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Martinov wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:

Don't let overdramatic posts scare you, blu ray discs are almost entirely scratch resistant, you'd have to rake them with a metal object to really make any sort of noticeable scratch.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I once had a package that was ravaged by customs (the outer Amazon box was missing). I had to replace the case, but the disc, despite falling out of the holder, has no visible scratches on it and works great.
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

Thanks for the many, many assurances. Have to admit I was a little rattled to discover that the delivery is being handled by Hermes here in the UK, who are a notoriously bad courier in this part of world. Fingers crossed, nonetheless.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Received mine a week ago. Already had Digitally on Xbox and PS4. Happy to support the Physical copy. If only they would do Sorcer Striker.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Tokyo-J wrote:Received mine a week ago. Already had Digitally on Xbox and PS4. Happy to support the Physical copy. If only they would do Sorcer Striker.
Really wouldn't be shocking to see that announced next year... they've done Garegga and DF, so moving to the 3rd ShotTriggers release would make sense. They have to know there's some money in that one too, since it's now the only ShotTriggers release without a physical version (M2 started Japanese physical releases at launch beginning with Ketsui, ShotTriggers release #4).
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

So, I opened my LE box set today (Merry Shmupmas!), and was super pleased to see that the soundtrack includes the OST on one CD, as well as BOTH the "VIP Arrange" (chibi-tech) and FM Arrange (Tatsuhiko Kasuga) on a second CD. I hadn't seen any indication of exactly what was on the soundtrack posted anywhere - least of all from LRG themselves, who just listed "2-disc original soundtrack".

This also really annoyed me when they did their Battle Garegga release, and wouldn't say which OSTs/arranges were actually on the soundtracks - CD or the vinyl that was, to me, the main draw of the whole set (which ended up being the Rev.2016 OST). I begged them on their Twitter posts about that one for any insight on the soundtracks, but was ignored. /sigh.

Anyway, good result! I say it all the damn time when talking about Dangun, but that chibi-tech remix is SO GOOOOOOOOD. One of my absolute favorites. I'd buy it again on vinyl! There's some nice material in the small art book too, including a chibi-tech interview.

OK, back to shooting. Really loving this ShotTriggers Christmas tradition! This year a fancy physical Dangun Feveron, last year I was playing the just released Aleste Collection, previous year was the Esp.Ra.De box wrapped up for me, 2016 was Garegga... Gonna use the power of wishful thinking to send out some Ibara Kuro for December 2022 vibes ;)
heli

Post by heli »

This game has the worse soundtrack of all games ever, matter of taste, just change to the FM-Arrange for better music.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere. How does the performance and lag compare between the xbox one version and the PS4 version? I own it on Xbox (I run it via my Series S in backwards compatibility) but would like to know if it's any better on Playstation. Has there been comparison videos made or lag tests performed? I can't find anything. I just want to make sure I'm running the best version possible (I know that like with Esprade on Switch vs PS4 (I own both of those) the PS4 version IS BETTER it just feels EVERY SO SLIGHTLY TIGHTER.

I know that the original XBOX ONE is rated weaker than PS4 at 1310 FLOPS vs the PS4's 1843 FLOPS (the PS4 is stronger on paper) did it matter here? Anyway I guess I'm asking how the performance is? Should I just fucking buy it a second time on PS4 and be done with it? Or is it completely identical on Xbox? I'll gladly spend the 35 bucks for M2 if I have to for the best experience but if it's completely identical than you know.

I don't regret buying Esprade (same boardset) on PS4 after having owned it over a year on Switch. Esprate on PS4 felt noticably nicer. Is this the same scenario here?

What should I do (I want the best version M2 made).

Thanks!
Redfox
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

The typical case is as you noted, PS4 versions a bit sharper than Switch. PS4/XO versions of these ports don't receive many comments regarding differences. PS4/XO being so much closer is capability than Switch (and Switch having some built-in limitations as far as input lag), I wouldn't worry about your scenario at all unless someone else chimes in with a specific complaint.