shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:00 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Radirgy S
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:58 pm 

Jonpachi wrote:
Not judging, just curious, but does anyone actually like Game Paradise? The retro arcade aesthetic is great, but the game itself is a frustrating and unbalanced mess imho.

Yep, I think it's a lot of fun.

And you'd think companies would realize that partnering with a group that consistently mishandles things is a bad look. Falcom realized that with NISA and made them apology for the Ys VIII localization debacle.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:33 am 

Actual signs of life? Now there's a surprise. https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 7712103430

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:49 am 

That's cool and all. But there's still the subject of this thread to consider. As far as I've seen, nothing has moved forward with it at all (other than a screenshot of a half-completed translation)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:00 pm 

m.sniffles.esq wrote:
That's cool and all. But there's still the subject of this thread to consider. As far as I've seen, nothing has moved forward with it at all (other than a screenshot of a half-completed translation)

I think we can assume Dispatch Games needs the money from additional sales of Game Tengoku before they can move on Radirgy Swag.

These companies have helped curb my desire for physical games. I've tied up 100s of dollars with these flimsy businesses, always waiting for months (sometimes years) past their advertised release dates.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:41 pm 

Radirgy Swag Pre-Order customers - We are reviewing orders and preparing the download codes. There is a process for us to go through, so please stay tuned for additional updates. It take a little time to sort through and get the e-mails prepared.

Doesn't there, y'know, need to be a digital version before you send out codes to download it? Or are they sending out codes for the Japanese version?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:37 am 

If you have a final build that's passed cert, it's not impossible to give away codes before release day - that's how press copies and things like IGF work. It's also ESRB-rated now - not sure how recent that is? So I guess it's possible they might be coming up on release and may be giving preorder customers a code before the official release. Or they might just release it instead of holding it back for the day the physical version maybe probably never comes out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:05 am 

If they have a final build that's passed cert and ready to go live, that's the lede at this point. People have been waiting for three years. Not "we'll be sending out some codes some time eventually probably"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:14 pm 

We're now creeping up on November and those copies of Game Paradise that were all ready to be shipped at the end of August remain unseen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:14 am 

I'd seen that Play Asia has a listing for Dispatch's Radirgy Swag, it had shown an Oct release date as well, but now TBA.
I wonder if Dispatch got PlayAsia to pay upfront for a chunk of the production run (would it even work like that?) - but then just gambled or snorted that money away.
What has been going on with Dispatch Games?! inquiring minds want to know - there's some ridiculous story behind all of this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:32 am 

Unsurprisingly, the only concrete progress they've shown lately has been the physical bonuses - coins, etc. Last comment on Game Paradise was two weeks ago, saying that they're in the assembly process for standard editions. (How long does that take? I have no idea but it seems really slow for such a small run.) https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 0128337924

Where'd this coin thing come from anyway? Is anyone really passionate about that or is it just some kind of extra they figured no one else was doing?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:36 am 

Where'd this coin thing come from anyway?

I'm really not sure. Nippon Ichi has just started to put coins in all their LEs too. My guess: a place that does them cheap was discovered. Like, real cheap.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:51 pm 

I've been wondering who on earth wants those coins.
First Press Games sends them with their games and they are actually somewhat large heavy metal coins. All I could think is "how stupid" and "how much does this add to their shipping fees?"
PC Engine Works was the first I encountered the insipid coins, they've been doing it for quite a few years.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:25 am 

Bubblegum Crisis' KS included one, but it is really nice. (Has Largo and Priss on each side)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11