Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:35 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: FIGHTCADE!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 am 

Hey frens!

At this point I guess you already know about Fightcade, well.. I just did.

I am wondering whether any of you uses it, because even though it has little shmups compared to its main reason to be (fighters), the online support of the multiplayer is seamless.. I am just wishing it had audio coms.

Anyway just checking, sadly you can't favorite users there nor make rooms to hang out.. so.. maybe here some of us interested could keep track of ourselves while playing there, don't know just musing some ideas.

Do we have a Discord Room?

Thank you guys!!
xxxx

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: FIGHTCADE!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:18 pm 

I've used it a couple times to play coop shmups, but it can be a bit hit & miss, in terms of performance. It's fun to credit feed through a game with a friend, though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:06 am 

You are right, grew disenchanted with it fast, it is -go figure- almos exclusively focused on fighting games, but even when there are a couple shmups here and there, the user based is firstly a fighter stock. I had no issues whatsoever in regards with proper emulation and sync, though the most memorable thing I recall is credit feeding the machine as a mean of communication with the other player. The only mean of communication with the player, at least in-game.

Will not be using again, unless I needed it to play with someone in particular. Its "scene" is completely dead for SHMUPS.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:10 am 

I wouldn't say the entire user base is fighting games. It caters to those mostly, but there's a small but dedicated group that's into puzzle games, sidescrolling run 'n guns, and even shmups now and then like Giga Wing, Change Air Blade, Twinkle Star Sprites, etc. The official Fightcade Discord is here: https://twitter.com/fightcade/status/923844068769189888

Quote:
though the most memorable thing I recall is credit feeding the machine as a mean of communication with the other player. The only mean of communication with the player, at least in-game.

You can text chat with the T button in game. You may need to change the graphics so it displays properly, some graphic options don't display the overlay.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:09 am 

Really great for fighting games (played lots of Street Fighter II and Third Strike matches on it), but not so good for shmups in my experience.

Offline Profile