shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:47 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Darius Cozmic Collection [Switch, PS4]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:11 am 

Don't know if this had been mentioned before, but Cozmic Collection is all screwed up on PS5. The console collection runs fine, but when you try to boot the arcade collection, it just starts up the console collection instead, so there is currently no way to play the arcade collection on PS5. Pretty bad bug on Sony's part, and I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that they were both bundled together on the physical release or something, but even so, since even disc games from PS4 just download a digital copy anyway, the same thing would probably happen if you had the disc as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:19 pm 

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
Don't know if this had been mentioned before, but Cozmic Collection is all screwed up on PS5. The console collection runs fine, but when you try to boot the arcade collection, it just starts up the console collection instead, so there is currently no way to play the arcade collection on PS5. Pretty bad bug on Sony's part, and I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that they were both bundled together on the physical release or something, but even so, since even disc games from PS4 just download a digital copy anyway, the same thing would probably happen if you had the disc as well.

Are you saying that the the arcade collection is a digital download and not actually on disc?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:31 pm 

The game is on disc, it's just that the PS4 installs the entire game rather than reading it from the disc every time. So at the end of the day you end up with a very similar digital file sitting on your hard drive whether you go digital or physical.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:16 pm 

Shelcoof wrote:
MachineAres 1CC wrote:

Are you saying that the the arcade collection is a digital download and not actually on disc?

No. Essentially, if you have the digital version of Cozmic Collection, you have to buy the Arcade half and the Console half separately as two different games. But, when you try to play them on PS5, it only starts up the Console version when you click start, even if you click the icon to start the Arcade version.

I did actually just find a workaround for this though, even if it's pretty dumb. If you select the game and go into "Select items to delete" and delete the console version, then it'll actually boot up the arcade version. So you'll basically have to re-download the console version any time you want to play it on PS5. It's only like 150MB or something so it's not that big of a deal, just an inconvenience and mistake that should be fixed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:30 pm 

I was confused there thinking the game wasn't on disc lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:42 pm 

It looks like G-Darius HD is getting a North American release. $30 on Amazon, not bad. I was *this* close to spending $70 to get it imported from Japan.

Good memories of drunkenly credit feeding the PS1 version while playing co-op with the hommies in high school. Looking forward to getting stomped by the arcade version.
https://tinyurl.com/fxhnnpju

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 am 

Just pre-ordered for £21.50 on ShopTo. Kind of glad I held up on all the messy pre-orders, got the original on ACA and this is the only other I really wanted.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24