shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 11:29 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this win
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:13 am 

Don't forget the two month shipping on top of that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 am 

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
Yep, LRG releases are usually 6-8 months out from when you order. It'll be a nice Thanksgiving or Christmas gift to yourself I guess?

Heh, I hadn’t thought of that but now I’m kinda hoping it does show up right around Christmas! These past several years it has become a bit of a holiday tradition for me to treat myself to ShotTriggers stuff for a Christmas gift!

2016 was the Garegga JPN box set (download code but cool set anyway), which I got a few days before Christmas and immediately gave to my wife and told her “wrap this please”. Played for hours on Christmas.

2018 was Ketsui physical... a liiitle bit of an early present since it came out at the end of November and I couldn’t wait.

2019 was ESP Ra.de physical Switch deluxe box, wrapped up and opened it on Dec. 25 :)

2020 was downloading PS4 Aleste late in the evening in Dec. 24 and playing it until after midnight! Also ordered the Switch physical LE with Game Gear mini, which arrived right at the end of the month.

2021 might be Dangun Feveron box! I am in no rush, can already play the game so maybe if it shows up any time from Oct-Dec I’ll save it to go under the tree!

And I always do a quick Deathsmiles IIX run as a holiday staple too. Hoping the Switch port arrives in time for this year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:17 pm 

I want to spend Christmas at hamfighterx's place! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:22 pm 

I'm still waiting for Doom 64 on Switch from last year.

I'll probably buy the LRG limited of DF. Its a shame you either get the bare bones for $40+ and all the extras for $99. Some of the $99 tier is a bit much for me. Books and paperworks are nice but you only look at them once or twice. I was gonna buy the PCB years ago, but its spiked in price a tad.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:58 pm 

Where do you keep all those big collector edition boxes ?
I almost dont have enough space for my games in normal boxes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:41 pm 

heli wrote:
Where do you keep all those big collector edition boxes ?
I almost dont have enough space for my games in normal boxes.

Sometimes I wonder myself. I have 650 movie steelbooks and 300 games and I live in a small home in the UK compared to some of the gigantic homes some of you live in.

I have a small of case of "can live with" rather than "can live without".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:42 pm 

I only have 1 collector box- Garegga. DF will be my second. I also have a more minimalist sensibility in that I dont keep physical games and systems unless I really love them and will go back to them. So it limits the amount if stuff I have just piling up. I find I enjoy what I have more with some editing in my life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:51 am 

Yeah I've also become a bit more minimalist in my gaming stuff. I don't store my disc games in original cases, instead putting them in a disc folder/binder (generally one per system) on one bookshelf. For my Switch games I got a bunch of the Hori 24-game cases so that takes up FAR less space than the original boxes. I hang onto some cases (mostly like, in a big box in attic/garage storage), but the footprint in my actual living space is fairly small.

That being said, I do have a couple little shrines to the gaming stuff I REALLY like, including:
1) A shelf of Cave/STG games and swag - all my physical 360 shooters, Cave soundtrack CDs and art books, some official superplay DVDs, a Cave coffee mug and iPhone case (that I used on my iPhone 4S), some of the special boxes (SDOJ, Deathsmiles, Espgaluda II, ShotTriggers Esp Ra.De box)... So yeah, the Dangun Feveron special edition stuff will go nicely there! I got the LRG special edition Garegga release too (the one with the vinyl soundtrack), but as that box is record-height it sits with my small shelf of game vinyl.
2) Aside from shooters, I have similar physical collections for Falcom RPGs, and Final Fantasy games/soundtracks/a few books.

Used to have more physical "stuff" - notably, a decent sized Neo Geo AES cart collection. But that took up way too much space, and frankly caused me some stress just worrying that something would happen to them. Ended up selling them all and buying the entire series of ACA Neo Geo releases on Switch for a fraction of the price. I'm pretty happy with that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:53 am 

I bit and got the regular edition. Not enough of a fan to want the extra crap.
I’ll be shooting myself in the foot when people are re-selling the LE for $400.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:35 am 

LRG collector editions tend to be pretty lazy and cheap feeling, I don't think I'd regret passing over it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:30 pm 

I think the battle garegga limited edition is worth it, i would not mind having that, so cute pin + vinyl.
Better then a key thing and cd.

I dont think anyone is going to give 400 on ebay,
exept when johnpachi is drunk.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 pm 

heli wrote:
I dont think anyone is going to give 400 on ebay,
exept when johnpachi is drunk.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 pm 

subcons wrote:
Sumez wrote:
There's a physical release of ShotTriggers Ketsui already, what is it you're missing?

Wilsoncqb1911 wrote:
I understand what hes saying though. I'd buy an official western release from LRG. The physicals for this and ESP Rade are Japanese and Asian physical releases only.

This is the answer. I'd like an English physical release with English menus. Heard rumblings about LRG being in talks with M2 about something for Ketsui and this soundtrack appears to be it. Could still happen; fingers crossed! Still awesome we have the region free import versions available to us, but I'd jump on an LRG release in a heartbeat just like I did for Dangun this morning. Also hoping we see Sorcer Striker.

Thanks fellas for clarifying. I thought I might have heard a North American physical coming, but maybe I misunderstood. I'll go with the Japanese. Awesome to have these games on physical for sure. Now patiently waiting for the Toaplan games we were promised...

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11