ura dreams (next romhack)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mantrox

Re: ura dreams (next romhack)

Post by Mantrox »

Quite sad, this state of affairs.
So much aimless spite.

Maybe there's some connection between playing a shmup at high level, and mental illness.
The ill will behind some of these posts is baffling.

I hope we all have some better days ahead.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

persona 5 is very good
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

mycophobia wrote:persona 5 is very good
except for the cat telling you to go to bed
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

can't go to school and dungeon crawl without adequate sleep. He's just looking out for you
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

but it's sunday and all I did the whole day was talk to friends
why am I not allowed to make coffee in the evening
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Bananamatic wrote:why am I not allowed to make coffee in the evening
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

why is it easier to discuss a jrpg than shmups on a shmup forum
really makes you think
BIL

Post by BIL »

Pent-up homo energy. Image Motherfuckers should institute an ST authorship requirement for posting access to Shumps Chat.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

BIL wrote:Pent-up homo energy. Image Motherfuckers should institute an ST authorship requirement for posting access to Shumps Chat.
Guess I'd better start writing that ring^-27 ST nobody asked for.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
BIL

Post by BIL »

Certainly, if you sense there's a gap you can address and you don't mind the hassle. :O Probably even better if it's an obscure/unpopular pick, someone out there will want that info.

That said, you have always been an eminently chill bro ;3 But I guarantee it'd chill things out a bit overall! As I know you know, It's harder to nerdfight when you're getting your ass handed to you all day, let alone working at not getting your ass handed to you! And then trying to package that up in a format useful to others!

Also everyone's sigs would be rad. They could come up with INH DVD-style names like The Barbarian Shitstorm Battlantis and Jesus Fuck Where'd These Space Helicopters Come From Bakuretsu Breaker.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Futaba is the canonical waifu and I'll cast Mudoon on anyone who says otherwise :evil:
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Shepardus wrote:Guess I'd better start writing that ring^-27 ST nobody asked for.
Honestly, no joke, please please please do. I really like the game, have ever since I played the demo, but I have zero clue what I'm doing and feel like I'll never figure it out on my own.
BIL wrote:Also everyone's sigs would be rad. They could come up with INH DVD-style names like The Barbarian Shitstorm Battlantis and Jesus Fuck Where'd These Space Helicopters Come From Bakuretsu Breaker.
Holy shit yes. Gotta come up with a name for my gunnail strat page, maybe something like The Alarming Massacre or some shit.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

trap15 wrote:The Alarming Massacre
Make it more Engrish! How about The Alarmed Massacre?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Trails in The Sky / Sora No Kiseki is the best jrpg writing.

Besides the utterly insane Table Top RPG Campaign I'm in right now, that is (the game itself is Japanese, gm is the lead translator and a fantastic writer/storyteller).
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

trap15 wrote:
Shepardus wrote:Guess I'd better start writing that ring^-27 ST nobody asked for.
Honestly, no joke, please please please do. I really like the game, have ever since I played the demo, but I have zero clue what I'm doing and feel like I'll never figure it out on my own.
The game's simpler than it seems at first. I've been dumping my notes here; for an ST I would basically organize this, add some stage-specific notes and a rundown of each mode, and try to figure out some details I'm unclear on (for example, what the hell is going on with the EX medals). Practice mode is good for figuring out a lot of these things since it lets you tweak, among other things, all your item counts and the rank. It's a great practice mode except for the (rather significant) lack of boss/mid-stage practice.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
the1truepickaxe

Post by the1truepickaxe »

I think the Four Horsemen should stop just romhacking Cave games and just make their own STG in tribute to Cave.
Just call it DoDonPachi SaiDaiFukkatsu or something.
Now THAT would be a sight worth seeing.