Game similar to Demonstar \ Please help

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
harlin

Game similar to Demonstar \ Please help

Post by harlin »

Hello everyone, thanks devs for the amazing forum, as the subject says, i used to play a game back in around 2000s or maybe more not sure exactly, but it was the very old days, the game was like "Raiden" series and "Raptor : call of the shadows", but mostly like "Demonstar" with upgrading weapon all the time.

Can't seem to find it with search google, it's like upgrading weapon starting with one line shooting then 2 lines, then three, then starts having missle on the right, then left sides, until you reach laser as the strongest weapon as i remember "correct me if i'm wrong", and each time you miss or been hit the weapon degrades once, until you keep degrading to one line shooting weapon then you lose after that As i remember.

And it had space bar bomb just like in Demonstar.

Any ideas are welcome, and thank you so much in advance!
:wink: :wink:
FRO

Re: Game similar to Demonstar \ Please help

Post by FRO »

harlin

Re: Game similar to Demonstar \ Please help

Post by harlin »

Thank you for reply :), but still not this game, it was visually similar to Raptor with more realistic look, and weapon upgrade was similar to demonstar, or closer more like raiden weapon system, but keeps upgrading until you become rail laser beam

And the difference was, it's the same things you collect, don't need to wait to switch to different weapon style, it's just one style weapon, starting with one line yellow normal bullets, then 2 lines, then 3, then adds missile to the right side, then to the left side ... and this weapon upgrade is actually your life, keep hitting enemy bullets to keep degrading weapon until you reach one line bullet fire then dies - game over.

It's one map game that keeps getting harder with stronger enemy, but it was hard to finish as i remember, hope someone else might have an idea :) :roll: