Ibara emulated (read first!)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cuilan

Re: Ibara emulated (read first!)

Post by Cuilan »

I'm not surprised that the Ibara PS2 port is far more sought after (and thus, far more expensive) than the PCB, despite the flaws. The port has an extra mode that makes it play like an actual Cave game, right? I can understand why something like that would be in higher demand.
:lol:
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

I'll sell mine for the low low price of $700USD if anyone's game.

Oh...wait...

Ibara PS2 Cave JP L@@K RARE SHMUP

That's better.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

I have a still sealed Ibara copy for PS2 ( Very Very RARE !! ), would trade for a full kit Ibara , mint and some cash added on your part !

Be fast !

:lol:
clp

Post by clp »

Cuilan wrote:I'm not surprised that the Ibara PS2 port is far more sought after (and thus, far more expensive) than the PCB, despite the flaws. The port has an extra mode that makes it play like an actual Cave game, right? I can understand why something like that would be in higher demand.
joeboto

Post by joeboto »

im getting goosebumps over these ibara and galuda 2 news.

:D

and what will cave do once they know galuda 2 emulated....
halt port releases? ignore? curse us westeners?
It is to us a sufficient body in which, fairies and it is packed and can group of play.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

joeboto wrote:im getting goosebumps over these ibara and galuda 2 news.

Look, they are not going to intentionally piss off/screw over CAVE by releasing this to the public any time soon. This will be added to MAME long after the 360 port is out, years later at least.
clp

Post by clp »

can you not read? 2016 at the EARLIEST and emulation is in very primitive stage actually why am i even telling you this just go and read it .
NR777

Post by NR777 »

samurai10000 wrote:I think the price for IBARA on PS2 is not so bad right now. Check out this good deal on ebay. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibara-PS2-JAPAN-NEW ... 3a55f32981

Thank God for those that work hard to make emulation happen they are true heroes.

Un-fucking-real. Makes the PCB seem like an absolute steal.
Jockel wrote:I could never play on a screen that's smaller than my dick.
serious internet is serious
cools

Post by cools »

NR777 wrote:Un-fucking-real. Makes the PCB seem like an absolute steal.
It is anyway :)
joeboto

Post by joeboto »

clp wrote:

can you not read? 2016 at the EARLIEST and emulation is in very primitive stage actually why am i even telling you this just go and read it .
mah bad!
It is to us a sufficient body in which, fairies and it is packed and can group of play.
lemonade

Post by lemonade »

clp wrote:

That's assuming no-one else manages to emulate these games before that time. The hardware Cave shmups run on is not very advanced technically..
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

lemonade wrote:The hardware Cave shmups run on is not very advanced technically..
Thanks, looking forward to your emulator soon.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Keade

Post by Keade »

Leandro wrote: (...) what about V-Five, Dogyuun, Batsugun etc sound MCU
I don't know about Dogyuun, but V-Five and Batsugun MCUs need decapping first (that is to say, $$. On his webpage, Guru says it's 200$ per chip)
ps : If you guys are willing to do it, we could probably gather funds for shmups decapping, as we did for Ketsui's dump two years ago.
The 200$ decapping doesn't include the PCB price, though (assuming Guru doesn't own them anymore)
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

lemonade wrote:
clp wrote:

That's assuming no-one else manages to emulate these games before that time. The hardware Cave shmups run on is not very advanced technically..
Personally i think we are in for a long wait for any current gen Cave games to be Mamed. Theres a shitload of much older shmups that have still to be emulated. I would guess that the hardware they are on is even simpler then Caves current gen hardware.

Its prolly best to wait for the console ports to be emulated.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Keade wrote:
Leandro wrote: (...) what about V-Five, Dogyuun, Batsugun etc sound MCU
I don't know about Dogyuun, but V-Five and Batsugun MCUs need decapping first (that is to say, $$. On his webpage, Guru says it's 200$ per chip)
ps : If you guys are willing to do it, we could probably gather funds for shmups decapping, as we did for Ketsui's dump two years ago.
The 200$ decapping doesn't include the PCB price, though (assuming Guru doesn't own them anymore)
I was just about to say this too. Anyone moaning about those MCUs not being emulated yet needs to put their money where their mouth is and start donating cash to guru.
Square King

Post by Square King »

Wonder if we could gather enough support here to get at least Batsugun in proper order, assuming Guru's down with it and has the PCB. I'd be willing to make a donation.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Maybe someone should make a new thread? I'd be willing to donate too. We managed to get together enough for a Ketsui PCB, so I'm sure we could easily echieve this.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

The Cave SH-3 driver is actually of little interest to me for now, since Luca said he can't get over 5% speed out of an Athlon 3000 with it. More importantly, adding ESPGaluda 2 to MAME at this time would be a truly lousy idea. I don't want to see MAME drawing flak from Cave, who would probably hit the C&D Bomber button in a heartbeat. Even if ESPG 2 gets emulated at full speed by some brand new emulator tomorrow, I'll still be buying that 360 port.

I'd be more concerned about getting sound in the Toaplan shmups which currently remain mute (Batsugun, as well as Fire Shark, V-V/Grind Stormer, and Dogyuun).

$862 for Ibara? At this point, you're probably better off getting the PCB. I wouldn't mind seeing an Ibara triple pack on 360 (OG Ibara, Kuro, and Pink Sweets). Shame this compilation probably won't happen.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
elvis

Post by elvis »

sikraiken wrote:This thread is funny. Go buy some PCBs, you'll be waiting a lot less time.
Stop confusing "MUST PLAY GAME NOW" with "I'm glad someone has dumped this so it can be preserved, and won't be lost in the future".

Likewise, it will stop people whoring second hand PCB sales for profit 10 years from now. (Insert usual rant about me being more interested in paying Cave for their creativity and hard work than some wanker on ebay for their effortless hoarding).
gameoverDude wrote:I'd be more concerned about getting sound in the Toaplan shmups which currently remain mute (Batsugun, as well as Fire Shark, V-V/Grind Stormer, and Dogyuun).
I'd like to see a "Toaplan Ultimate Collection" on console. I wonder who owns the rights to those games these days?
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

elvis wrote:I'd like to see a "Toaplan Ultimate Collection" on console. I wonder who owns the rights to those games these days?
That is a very intriguing question...I've wonder about this myself. If a current dev could secure the proper IPs to them, it'd sure be great.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
captpain

Post by captpain »

This is a cool thing, but I find it hard to care about if I'm not going to get my hands on it for at least six years.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

elvis wrote:
sikraiken wrote:This thread is funny. Go buy some PCBs, you'll be waiting a lot less time.
Stop confusing "MUST PLAY GAME NOW" with "I'm glad someone has dumped this so it can be preserved, and won't be lost in the future".
I'm not confused at all. This thread is about anything but game preservation. Haha, the future... we won't be "losing" these games any time soon. This game doesn't need to be emulated for quite a number of years. It's no where near being in danger of disappearing off the face of the planet.

Nice try, though.
Ex-Cyber

Post by Ex-Cyber »

sikraiken wrote:It's no where near being in danger of disappearing off the face of the planet.
Those NAND flash chips are only specified for 10 years of retention. How long do you think Cave will be repairing them now that they've abandoned the platform?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Square King wrote:Wonder if we could gather enough support here to get at least Batsugun in proper order, assuming Guru's down with it and has the PCB. I'd be willing to make a donation.
Yeah, just like giving Guru Ketsui PCb will make him emulate it faster (despite not liking the game and having no incentive to do so personally).
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Guru has nothing to do with coding the emulators. He just dumps boards/chips.
Square King

Post by Square King »

Elixir wrote: Yeah, just like giving Guru Ketsui PCb will make him emulate it faster
What bcass said.
(despite not liking the game and having no incentive to do so personally).
guru wrote: ...let me state many games have been added to arcade emulators or improved because of the efforts of people who have donated towards 'archiving' arcade PCBs. I'm 100% dedicated to this task.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Without video i'd say its possible the emulation could be unplayable. Just because you see a screenshot doesn't mean it runs at 60fps.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Ex-Cyber

Post by Ex-Cyber »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Without video i'd say its possible the emulation could be unplayable. Just because you see a screenshot doesn't mean it runs at 60fps.
Not just possible, but confirmed:
Luca Elia wrote:The game runs dog slow anyway (peaks at 5% on my Athlon64 3000).
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Donating a thousand dollar arcade board so somebody can merely dump doesn't sound right either.

Edit: His PC is also rather on the poor side, why don't these guys test it with more updated PCs?
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
dpful

Post by dpful »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
sikraiken wrote:It's no where near being in danger of disappearing off the face of the planet.
Those NAND flash chips are only specified for 10 years of retention. How long do you think Cave will be repairing them now that they've abandoned the platform?
-deosn't really relate, but I've moved to MAME and other emulation love mostly because I've had PCB's die. I guess I could really imagine a world where some game never got emulated or a home port, and actually dissapeared.

I wonder if that's ever happened? An extinct game?