Difference between ddp-dfk bl disc & ddp-dfk disc +bl dlc?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bytestorm

Difference between ddp-dfk bl disc & ddp-dfk disc +bl dlc?

Post by bytestorm »

I am just wondering since I already own ddp-dfk and the black label dlc, is there anything at all worth on the ddp-dfk bl disc? I am NOT interested in the arrange mode with ketsui.

Just wondering if there are any other differences between these games..

Dodonpachi daifukkatsu black label DISC
Dodonpachi daifukkatsu 1.5 + black label DLC
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
drunkninja24

Re: Difference between ddp-dfk bl disc & ddp-dfk disc +bl dl

Post by drunkninja24 »

Arrange mode is the only reason to have the dfk bl disc, if that doesn't interest you, go for the dlc.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Afaik they also have different leaderboards, I don't have either of the japanese versions so no clue if one has better replays then the other or not
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

bytestorm wrote:I am NOT interested in the arrange mode with ketsui.
???

It's actually way more fun than DFK BL is, one of Cave's best arranges.
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:
???

Really?? To be honest I haven't tried it but when I read about it it just felt like a cheap filler to mix already good games?

Anyone who seconds this? :) is it really that fun, then ill guess ill go buy that one to.. Darn
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

bytestorm wrote:
BareknuckleRoo wrote:
???

Really?? To be honest I haven't tried it but when I read about it it just felt like a cheap filler to mix already good games?

Anyone who seconds this? :) is it really that fun, then ill guess ill go buy that one to.. Darn
I second what BKR said that it's one of the better Cave arrange modes! I still prefer DFK BL over it but that's just my personal preference. I'd say that it's worth getting the disc for however, I'm quite a fan of ketsui so I might be a little biased :P
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

bytestorm wrote:Really?? To be honest I haven't tried it but when I read about it it just felt like a cheap filler to mix already good games?
Ketsuipachi is the main reason to get DFK BL. The remixed soundtrack rocks, and frankly DFK BL's gameplay isn't as good as DFK 1.5 or DFK Arrange A are; Hypers are made unbelievably safe (instead of quickly ranking up and having trouble cancelling shots) and the scoring is made to heavily encourage hyper spam constantly (usually hiding in the corner of the stage to suck up bullets) instead of 1.5 where you usually hyper once or twice early on to build a counter, then focus on chaining with a full hyper stock like a more traditional *pachi game (for the multiplier you get when your gauge is full).

Ketsuipachi's tweaks and the addition of Ketsui style mechanics changes things enough that it's much more enjoyable than DFK BL is. DFK BL's ultra safe hyper spam can make it feel a bit like the 360 DOJ port's X-Mode arrange...
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

Alright, just got home from akihabara with ddp-dfk bl :) I got convinced! Haha
Thanks all!
parts

Post by parts »

To add clarity to the discussion. Which Japan DDP versions are included in Dodonpachi Resurrection that I already have? Which Japan releases would I need to complete the DDP collection?
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

parts wrote:To add clarity to the discussion. Which Japan DDP versions are included in Dodonpachi Resurrection that I already have? Which Japan releases would I need to complete the DDP collection?
Was it really that unclear what I meant in the first post?? :D
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

bytestorm wrote:Was it really that unclear what I meant in the first post?? :D
Read again:
parts wrote:To add clarity to the discussion. Which Japan DDP versions are included in Dodonpachi Resurrection that I already have? Which Japan releases would I need to complete the DDP collection?
He is asking about the european release and which versions are included in it. It has nothing to do with you or your original post.

The european release of DDP DFK, Dodonpachi Resurrection, comes with the following basic game modes: Xbox 360 (Arcade), Novice, Arrange A (ver L), Arrange B (ver B). Black Label can be bought as DLC I believe in the EU shop if you have a european account, and will unlock that game mode for use as well as the ability to play that soundtrack even in non-Black Label runs.

The versions that are missing from the european copy that are only playable on the Japanese version are ver 1.51 (a heavily tweaked mode, the scoring changes apparently get ridiculous) which was only available as a first-print DLC (is it on the Cave Collection DLC disc?) and Black Label Arrange (ketsuipachi). The lack of Black Label Arrange is really the painful one - it only appears on the Japanese disc release of Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label, which only has the Black Label modes playable.

If you wanted to have all DDP DFK modes playable, you'd need a copy of the Japanese DDP DFK Black Label (and a Japanese console to play it on as it's region-locked). If you wanted ver 1.51, you'd need a Japanese copy of DFK 1.5 too, as I'm 99% sure the DLC code/DLC disc in the Cave Collection are region locked.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

The pal version has 1.51 as dlc (80 msp).
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
parts

Post by parts »

Thanks for the info. I need to pick up Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label for the new to me jp xbox.
Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

I just love the fact that we know what the fuck this even means.