RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Re: RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe

Post by Tokyo-J »

Vexorg wrote:I tried to purchase from.a US XBL account and it wouldn't let me. Someone using an EU account on a US console may have better luck.
Is it showing up on USA marketplace?
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

If it's the same as other games on demand releases the download is IP-locked, so if you want to do it outside the intended region you'll have to start the download with a proxy or something. Pretty sure there has been discussion about this before.

Would be cool if RSG can get it on the US marketplace though.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Tokyo-J wrote:
Vexorg wrote:I tried to purchase from.a US XBL account and it wouldn't let me. Someone using an EU account on a US console may have better luck.
Is it showing up on USA marketplace?
No, I tried purchasing through the xbox.co.uk site. I was able to log onto the site with my US account, but the purchase was disallowed.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
torisuRSG

Post by torisuRSG »

We don't have the rights to publish it on the US marketplace.

torisu
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

torisuRSG wrote:We don't have the rights to publish it on the US marketplace.

torisu
Can you aquire the rights?
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Tokyo-J wrote:Can you aquire the rights?
I don't speak for Rising Star Games - but the simple truth is that the physical release is NTSC-U/C region enabled. As the remaining euro-copies are not being snapped up like mad by exporters to sell at an obscene profit in North America it would be easy to come to the conclusion that the North American market has already been sufficiently saturated - making any effort to further market the product in North America likely pointless and wasteful.

There was actually a start of an entry on the marketplace but it was never finished.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... 02545a07d2

Of course none of this takes into account that the "Casual North American STG demographic", which doesn't typically import games, probably wasn't even aware that Dodonpachi Resurrection existed, nor that it could be played on a NTSC-U/C console. For the time being RSG is probably waiting out the sales of Akai Kanata in the domestic North American market to assess the size of the "Casual North American STG demographic". If Akai Katana is sufficiently successful it may be worth to officially distribute the physical release of Dodonpachi Resurrection in the NTSC-U/C region, possibly without the soundtrack to cut cost. However if it turns out that the physical release of Akai Katana isn't selling in sufficient numbers at $39.95 in the NTSC-U/C region, it is unlikely that Dodonpachi Resurrection would be successful on GOD at $29.99 (which is the price that DeathSmiles II X goes for).
xbl0x180

Post by xbl0x180 »

Tokyo-J wrote:

torisu
Just buy the disc. It should cost less than a crappy download by this time 8)
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

xbl0x180 wrote:
Tokyo-J wrote:

torisu
Just buy the disc. It should cost less than a crappy download by this time 8)
I already have the PAL and NTSC-J versions.

Just thought it would be cool to not have to put a disc in to boot.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

EmperorIng wrote:Though this topic and the video seem to imply conflicting facts on whether this game is region free or not. Would be some nice info to know... ;_;
EmperorIng wrote:Oh, that clears things up. Thanks!
Well, finally had a chance to actually try it. Loaded RSG's DoDonPachi Resurrection Deluxe into my NTSC-J Xbox 360 S - "This disc's region code is incorrect for this console."

So claims that RSG's DoDonPachi Resurrection Deluxe is "region free" or "all region" are plain sloppy - it is simply multi-region for both the PAL and NTSC-U/C regions.
xbl0x180

Post by xbl0x180 »

HydrogLox wrote:
EmperorIng wrote:Though this topic and the video seem to imply conflicting facts on whether this game is region free or not. Would be some nice info to know... ;_;
EmperorIng wrote:Oh, that clears things up. Thanks!
Well, finally had a chance to actually try it. Loaded RSG's DoDonPachi Resurrection Deluxe into my NTSC-J Xbox 360 S - "This disc's region code is incorrect for this console."

So claims that RSG's DoDonPachi Resurrection Deluxe is "region free" or "all region" are plain sloppy - it is simply multi-region for both the PAL and NTSC-U/C regions.
When a gamer asks whether something is "region free," they usually mean if it'll play on their crappy North American or European region 8)
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

Tokyo-J wrote:
I already have the PAL and NTSC-J versions.

Just thought it would be cool to not have to put a disc in to boot.
You CAN buy it using a UK gamertag and using your Paypal account to pay for it. As I have just now done. :) It's $23.82 based on the current exchange rate. Not too shabby.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Yeah, you can often (but not always) pay for other region GoD titles using a linked paypal account, irrespective of the country that the paypal account was setup in. It seems to be hit and miss though, I haven't been able to discern any logic to it so far.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

I'm mostly just glad I didn't have to go through any VPN nonsense.
WarpedByTheNHK

Post by WarpedByTheNHK »

I am almost certainly planning on buying this game this week, but I just wanted to make sure of a few things before I bought it.
1. Does this include an extremely faithful port of 1.5? I am at least partially buying this game so I can practice up and climb the leader boards at Arcade UFO in Austin. I want to be sure my practice on Resurrection will help me as much as possible for when I play the game on the actual cabinet.
2. How would an American buy Black Label mode?
2. Does it include a practice mode or stage select mode? This one is not really a deal breaker, but it would be pretty helpful for getting better.
3. Does it include replays. Not really important, but I am mostly curious.