shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:28 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bullet Soul - (STG/5pb/Xbox360)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:57 pm 

Mine was delivered today from NCS....JOY! :mrgreen: If only I can get home from work to play it!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 pm 

honorless wrote:
Site updated with (among other things) information on the second loop. I'm working off machine translation here, but it looks like you have to earn at least seven stars across the five stages. Stars correspond to the medals awarded at the end of each stage: silver = 1 star, gold = 2 stars, platinum = 3 stars.

If you didn't click the link or notice, there's a big fat DLC banner on the front page now as well. No real information, but the text describing what they've got planned is in English unlike virtually everything else on the site...so it seems to me like 5pb will try to make it available worldwide, Futari BL style. Since a new mode is mentioned, maybe it'll be something new and substantial instead of unlock key bullshit.

While I'm here: somebody on nicovideo put up a full run. Stages 3, 4 and 5. They end with no lives and no bombs, heh.

Damn, that's some pretty serious DLC. I hope they release it in one flat $5/10 download rather than breaking each thing up into DLC.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:48 am 

Play-Asia has the Asian version in stock now, but it still doesn't say if it's region free.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:45 am 

I went ahead and bought the Asian version, the price difference is just too much for me to ignore, even if I won't be able to play it on a US 360. I'll confirm whether it's region free or not when I get the disc if nobody else has by then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 am 

I got the Japan version in today from NCS. It was surprisingly better than I had anticipated once you stumble upon the proximity scoring and the multiplier.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:44 am 

I am loving this game. It is region free because it works on my US 360. I love the over the top campy presentation. The graphics are sweet too and harder than it looks in the videos at least for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:16 pm 

rfisher wrote:
I am loving this game. It is region free because it works on my US 360. I love the over the top campy presentation. The graphics are sweet too and harder than it looks in the videos at least for me.

Does anybody know if this will work on UK 360's, sorry if this has been asked before.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:21 pm 

Yes. Its region-free.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:24 pm 

Still no Demo. Between this MMK on PS3 and Eschatos I gotta pick one to start. I want all 3 but I need to start with one. Demo will be the determining factor for me. I was gonna go with the Asian version better its already sold out on Play-Asia. Anywhere else have it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 pm 

I gave the first loop a credit feed run last night. If you're playing for survival, it's pretty boring until near the end as nearly every bullet pattern gets erased before they get close. Going for proximity is a lot more exciting though, and I had a good time with it. Definitely have to give it a play on a TV that doesn't have 5 frames of lag.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:47 pm 

Star, I am going to need to see this game in person some time.... Considering I'm not exactly in a good position to shell out for it right now. XD

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:50 pm 

Got the game and was very positively surprised. The game's pacing and the music brought this great energy into it, it's like going to a gig and hearing only your favourite fast songs constantly without any cooling down period. I lost two hours into the game and didn't even notice. Very fun stuff.

I do wish the bosses were more...individualistic, for the lack of a better word. Most of them don't really look like anything. They could swap places with one another and I wouldn't even notice. Not talking about their attacks here, just their visual appearance.

My videos
Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:45 pm 

Got myself a copy to try out while I wait (yes, I have a modded 360) for mine to arrive from P-A, very good game from what I played.

One slight annoyance, however, is that if you tate, everything except the actual game screen stays yoko, kinda like DOJ. Even the character select screen before starting the game is in yoko. Kinda odd, but not a huge deal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 pm 

You just reminded me of this video!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:53 am 

Ghegs wrote:
I do wish the bosses were more...individualistic, for the lack of a better word. Most of them don't really look like anything. They could swap places with one another and I wouldn't even notice. Not talking about their attacks here, just their visual appearance.

You mean because they all look like a bunch of spinning pastel turtle shells connected to a bigger turtle shell (that sometimes spins 90 degrees)?

Aside from that, I'm finding the game quite enjoyable. I've been swapping back and forth between Yun and Moe Pimp Lord (those lock-on swords deal stupid damage). I love it when Yun's lock-on lasers decide to track something that's not even on screen.

So there's no way to tate the options/menus, right? Cause I couldn't seem to find that option. Everything right up until the game actually begins is still yoko'd on my tate SD set (this includes the character select screen and all inputs until play begins).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:01 am 

Kiken wrote:
So there's no way to tate the options/menus, right? Cause I couldn't seem to find that option. Everything right up until the game actually begins is still yoko'd on my tate SD set (this includes the character select screen and all inputs until play begins).

Not that I could find.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:37 am 

drunkninja24 wrote:
I went ahead and bought the Asian version, the price difference is just too much for me to ignore, even if I won't be able to play it on a US 360. I'll confirm whether it's region free or not when I get the disc if nobody else has by then.

So is the cheaper asian version region free (US region specifically)?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:47 am 

drunkninja24 wrote:

Dunno yet. I downloaded the game (yeah yeah I know) to play on my modded 360 until the disc I ordered arrives. Once I get that, I'll post up whether it's region-free or not as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:06 am 

drunkninja24 wrote:

I would assume if the developer posted clearly that the game was region free, that you shouldn't have any problems Asian or JP.
Drum wrote:
He's also a pederast. Presumably.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:03 am 

It's OK.

I can't help but feel how much better this would have been if they had ditched the bullet cancelling mechanic and perhaps just gone for a straight up Batsugun type shooter. Lots of bullets, but very little excitement.

I agree the bosses are a little bland, a bit reminiscent of Triggerheart actually. Stage 3 also has some interesting, er lets call them "tributes" to a certain Cave game with insects.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 pm 

BULLETSOUL asian version is sold out at p-a.com

anyone know where else i can find the asian version?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:04 pm 

Since the souls don't actually seem like they do much... it would probably have been better if they didn't cancel out after killing them. Is there no arrange mode or extra stuff at all? Didn't they say there would be more characters to unlock?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:50 pm 

DragonInstall wrote:
Since the souls don't actually seem like they do much... it would probably have been better if they didn't cancel out after killing them. Is there no arrange mode or extra stuff at all? Didn't they say there would be more characters to unlock?

That's sort of how I feel from watching vids, seems like a lost opportunity. Hopefully my opinion will change when my copy comes in the mail.

Apparently there's going to be DLC with a new character + stage + mode, so hopefully they'll use that opportunity to add some layers to the scoring mechanics.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:52 pm 

Heres the second loop

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14106237

It's a shame really. The game has some amazing bullet patterns, but you can't really appreciate it since most things dies before you can start dodging.

Hopefully there will be a BL dlc for this game to add a mode where the souls can kill you or something. Those souls have to be used for something more interesting, than just extra points when you run into them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:19 pm 

Do they actually give you some extra points when you collect them? This is important.

Also, you're supposed to kill enemies at close range to increase your multiplier, if you haven't been doing that. Should negate a lot of the "These bullets aren't actually reaching me" business. I'll have to see how it's implemented, but the souls at least sound like a good way to curb newcomers' frustrations. If they keep getting killed, they can just back up and play it safe. Then again, most newcomers would probably just do that and then complain that the game's too easy -_-

ED: Also, that second loop looks pretty boss, IMO.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:20 pm 

Special World wrote:
Also, you're supposed to kill enemies at close range to increase your multiplier, if you haven't been doing that. Should negate a lot of the "These bullets aren't actually reaching me" business. I'll have to see how it's implemented, but the souls at least sound like a good way to curb newcomers' frustrations. If they keep getting killed, they can just back up and play it safe. Then again, most newcomers would probably just do that and then complain that the game's too easy -_-

The whole "these bullets aren't reaching me" business stops in level 3. The game gets very hectic from then on out and you seriously have to work to keep destroying everything quickly enough. Also, playing aggressively means you have to avoid not just the bullets, but also slamming into enemies (who swoop in very quickly from the top and the sides of the screen). Triggering the second loop requires some seriously aggressive play. Even with the autobomb turned on, I missed the loop requirements by 1 star. And before anyone starts bitching about the inclusion of an Autobomb, first; it severly hampers score (your bonus meter increases at half the usual rate), second; it'll only protect you from bullets, not physical contact with enemies.

I did manage to SCC the first loop earlier (landed 440 million some-odd) using Yun (woooo, 11th place on the leaderboards). Only nailed 4 stars though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:26 pm 

DragonInstall wrote:

Wow, that last boss is full of win.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 pm 

Kiken wrote:
Special World wrote:

The whole "these bullets aren't reaching me" business stops in level 3. The game gets very hectic from then on out and you seriously have to work to keep destroying everything quickly enough. Also, playing aggressively means you have to avoid not just the bullets, but also slamming into enemies (who swoop in very quickly from the top and the sides of the screen). Triggering the second loop requires some seriously aggressive play. Even with the autobomb turned on, I missed the loop requirements by 1 star. And before anyone starts bitching about the inclusion of an Autobomb, first; it severly hampers score (your bonus meter increases at half the usual rate), second; it'll only protect you from bullets, not physical contact with enemies.

I did manage to SCC the first loop earlier (landed 440 million some-odd) using Yun (woooo, 11th place on the leaderboards). Only nailed 4 stars though.

This is a post I can get behind.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:45 am 

Really pleased to hear all this as mine is on its way and I was getting concerned about all the canceling. can someone elaborate on the available options, like can you adjust SFX and music volume independently, etc?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:40 am 

stryc9 wrote:
Really pleased to hear all this as mine is on its way and I was getting concerned about all the canceling. can someone elaborate on the available options, like can you adjust SFX and music volume independently, etc?

Yes you can.

Also, the ending sequence and credits are yoko only.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next