Akraten - 4,737,990 Saber Tiger [C] - Stage 6
Hey Akraten, are you gonna ALL Advanced someday? I have been waiting for like 2 years for someone to 1cc Advanced course again
I would like to but I dont know if i have the chops.
Great score by the way Kaiser!
Believe me or not. I was thinking the same after I 1cc'd Normal Couse circa 2007 myself... It wasn't until like late 2009 when I beat Special Course... having beaten final boss there and all. I gained tons of confidence and decided to take on Advanced Course. 4 months later, got the ALL.
I might throw some suggestions to those who will dare to take on advanced course:
- The rank increase is pretty insane so I RECOMMEND sticking to 2 lives until stage 7. That's when extra lives will come in handy.
- Have a problematic section? Make a save-state on it and keep repeating it until you are confident you mastered it. I did that for last 2 stages and bosses, it was worth it.
- Try to chain as much as you can... without suiciding and mostly bombing. Last two stages have some chains which you can no-miss no-bomb yet gain extends. But that does depend on your ship. HOWEVER for beginners, i'm leaving this point out.
- Don't be frustrated if you get your butt kicked far in or earlier. Just keep playing and believe in yourself, if Advanced 1cc was something I was capable of as an amateur, so you will be to achieve it too. So keep playing and enjoy what you have.
- I recommend spending 10 hours of playtime minimum practicing last boss on advanced. He is very tough to master, that's why it takes so long to be good against him. ALSO I recommend spending a while practicing stage 6's bosses. ALL OF THEM. They're a major bottleneck to all players.
Well that's about it. I hope it will help you and anyone else, who seeks this 1cc.