shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:35 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Spark | Combo Based Shmup
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 pm 

Spark is a unique shmup in development currently that focuses on giving the player their own ways of making it a bullet hell for the enemies by creating combos. The player has access to 4 different bullets of varying speed and size, hitting them together creates interesting, beautiful, and effective waves and patterns of bullets.

DEMO
While doing this you will encounter a number of enemies that will challenge the player's dodging skills, and hopefully make it much more difficult to efficiently build up large combos.
Right now the core mechanics are in, and you can play, but the game play is pretty lacking in the demo, but i'd love to get your opinions on it. I am still building out the enemies and their behaviors, so bear with me.

I recommend using a gamepad, but you can fully customize yours controls if you are using the keyboard.

I really do appreciate any feedback, comments, criticism, praise, or just plain old interaction. Thanks.

Enjoy these enemies I am working on.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Spark | Combo Based Shmup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:12 pm 

Now that something is shooting bullets, maybe you guys will have a better idea of what I am kind of going for. Honestly, the demo is super broken right now so I don't really even recommend checking that out. But i am going to keep posting gifs of enemies as i get them done. Let me know if you guys have any questions, comments, or concerns,

Cheers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Spark | Combo Based Shmup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:12 pm 

Gave the turtle a mini gun. You also get a little more look into the main character and the general aesthetic if you haven't checked out the itch page. Still just plugging away. Hoping for a good playable demo in about a month! I'll be updating here every few days though. Comments, questions, suggestions are welcome. I should prolly edit the main post with a little more detail on the game... so be on the lookout for that.

Offline Profile