shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:25 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: [PC/Linux/Mac] CounterAttack
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:47 am 

I'm looking for feedback on CounterAttack, a SHMUP I've been working on for a while now.

The latest trailer - https://youtu.be/ElxZkGciODM

Steam page - http://store.steampowered.com/app/451600/

My goal is to create a great online shmup. Currently it supports up to 8 players, but I've tested up to 11. The theoretical max would be 100 players, but it wouldn't be playable. It starts getting really crazy after 6 players. 11 is hilarious. I still want to try a 16 player game but have never been able to get enough people online at the same time.

One of the main features are the attachments - enhancements and modifications that can be chosen before a level starts. Some examples are Auto Turrets, Shields, Speed Enhancers, or total weapon conversions. They can be mixed and combined to create some interesting combinations. Some examples - http://imgur.com/gallery/Zl2k5

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [PC/Linux/Mac] CounterAttack
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:15 pm 

I like the OST. :D What engine are you using?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:05 pm 

I remember playing this game for quite a while and you are definitely improving through many updates.

I do have one suggestion that might help bring clarity on what weapons can be modifiable and what cannot. Perhaps a (*) could represent not modifiable while ones without it are modifiable form other weapon addons.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:34 pm 

geosnow wrote:
I like the OST. :D What engine are you using?

Thanks! I'm using Unity.

MrJBRPG wrote:
I remember playing this game for quite a while and you are definitely improving through many updates.

I do have one suggestion that might help bring clarity on what weapons can be modifiable and what cannot. Perhaps a (*) could represent not modifiable while ones without it are modifiable form other weapon addons.

It's come a long way in the last year, but still has a ways to go.

Pretty much every weapon can be modified, or are you talking about which modifications stack with which other modifications?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:45 am 

MrJBRPG wrote:

It's come a long way in the last year, but still has a ways to go.

Pretty much every weapon can be modified, or are you talking about which modifications stack with which other modifications?[/quote]

Stackable Weapons

Offline Profile