* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:39 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Demonizer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 am 

Homepage

6/12/17: Demo 0.1.1 out

The runaway princess turned succubus returns from the "evil" demon realm to avenge her lost love and end the tyranny of her former kingdom...by corrupting it into a new demon realm.

Primary mechanics:
  • Normal and focus shots. In focus shot, allies lock onto enemies.
  • Pick up unarmed or defeated humans. Men give bomb energy and increasing points, women become succubus allies. Any human death resets the capture point value.
  • In focus shot, succubi holding enough men have improved capturing ability, and give their next captives to those holding less.
  • Bomb charges by not only capturing men but holding them over time (more men = faster charge).

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Last edited by Iori Branford on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:31 am, edited 7 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Demonizer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:59 am 

Backgrounds and sprites look great, looking forward to something playable!

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:24 am 

first screenshots looks promising.

Don't know why but the look reminds me of a Galuda/16Bit RPG mix :D

Keep us posted

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:52 pm 

Cute concept! Sprite work looks great too. Will be following this one for sure.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 pm 

Prototype demo out - info and download at homepage:

https://ioribranford.itch.io/demonizer

The art is almost all opengameart.org, so I don't know if it will all make it into the final game, as the licenses are quite mixed and in some cases uncertain.
Also please excuse the placeholder audio for the time being if you recognize it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:23 am 

Had some fun with the prototype. Initial impressions:

• Once I got the special capture abilities it was pretty easy to keep the counters up, but getting there was painful since it's easy to drop someone here and there when you don't have homing/vacuuming capture abilities. Seems harsh to have all the counters drop entirely from losing just one human, since the ones that fall do so rather quickly and your own movement speed isn't very fast, compared to, say, Dangun Feveron, which also drops your chain with a single missed discoman but gives you a lot more opportunity to collect them.
  • Once you have one or two women with special capture abilities then the tendency is to just ignore powering up the rest and just use those to capture for the rest of the game. Maybe that's not so bad since they do block bullets and serve as a bit of additional firepower, but I wanted to point that out.
  • The enemies are at their most aggravating when they fire at you point-blank or as they're scrolling off the bottom of the screen. I especially had a lot of trouble with those guys who fade in and out. Screw those guys, I have no idea what to expect from them. :evil:

What are your plans for extending the current power/capture ability system into a longer game? Are there going to be stuff like more capture abilities? Are you going to raise the threshold before you get the special abilities?

Looking forward to seeing more updates. Keep us posted!

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:07 am 

Quote:
Once I got the special capture abilities it was pretty easy to keep the counters up, but getting there was painful since it's easy to drop someone here and there when you don't have homing/vacuuming capture abilities. Seems harsh to have all the counters drop entirely from losing just one human, since the ones that fall do so rather quickly and your own movement speed isn't very fast, compared to, say, Dangun Feveron, which also drops your chain with a single missed discoman but gives you a lot more opportunity to collect them.

I'm taking after Raizing medals mainly. Not the friendliest, I'll admit - I may uncouple scoring from powering up in future.

Quote:
Once you have one or two women with special capture abilities then the tendency is to just ignore powering up the rest and just use those to capture for the rest of the game. Maybe that's not so bad since they do block bullets and serve as a bit of additional firepower, but I wanted to point that out.

Plus when fully-powered succubi capture, the others get powered up.

Quote:
The enemies are at their most aggravating when they fire at you point-blank or as they're scrolling off the bottom of the screen. I especially had a lot of trouble with those guys who fade in and out. Screw those guys, I have no idea what to expect from them. :evil:

I plan to avoid unfair shots later. Fading in and out is a sort of stand-in for an eventual cover system for those guys. There is a way to draw them out of cover more frequently. Hint: it requires more than one of them onscreen.

Quote:
What are your plans for extending the current power/capture ability system into a longer game? Are there going to be stuff like more capture abilities? Are you going to raise the threshold before you get the special abilities?

I am thinking about how you could power up weapons, and how you could raise the max squad size (could be as simple as getting everyone to full power).

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing more updates. Keep us posted!

Certainly, thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 am 

Loving the snes style graphics! Thread subbed for sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:38 pm 

Awesome, man!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 am 

Demo 2 out. New stage, new enemy behaviors and some gameplay tweaks.

https://ioribranford.itch.io/demonizer/ ... 221/demo-2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 am 

Demo updated to 0.1.1. (The previous demo is considered 0.1.0.) Some balance changes and visual improvements.

https://ioribranford.itch.io/demonizer/ ... 5/demo-011

Playtesters welcome.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:27 pm 

Yes, utterly superb!
https://twitter.com/mix256

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:48 am 

Version 0.1.2.
Minor but helpful graphical updates and rebalanced stage 1.

https://ioribranford.itch.io/demonizer/ ... 8/demo-012

Offline Profile