Well, when can I try this tool?
Well, I could tell you "soon", but it's not really precise, isn't it ?
The 3d editor is quite advanced, but we need to work more on the 2D side. The alpha is close, but I don't want to give people a date, and miss it because of a contract work or other things...
Shadolf : Thanks a lot for your suggestions. If you have more, don't hesitate to write them there, every input from future users are in invaluable.
To give you some answers:
- absolute control about the titelscreen, player selection screen, "how to play" screen and options (Graphical design, which options avalible, style of lettering/font
You can use any logo, background, music etc. You don't have absolute control yet though, it will be in future versions.
- Yoko/Tate options, or options for the screen resolution and so on
You can change the screen resolution, but more importantly, you can choose the screen ratio of the gameplay area : 16/9, 4/3, 3/4.... And it will be constant on every PC.
I'm going to implement the yoko/tate rotation option, because it's cool, but I'm not sure when.
- option to set Wallpapers; different ones for every Level/Stage
- Free graphical design for Lifebar/Powerup etc. display
You can, but not for everything at the moment.
- shoot/attack modes like those of Layer Section or Crimzon Clover World Ignition
Could you elaborate on this?
- lifebar of Bosses or bigger enemys with sections, so that within every section the attac pattern can be changed
Bosses can have a bigger lifebar. There is several ways to implement different behavior depending of the boss life. This is something which is working right now, using events and triggers, and that will evolve in the future.
For ex, in my demo, when the boss life drop under x points, fire particle, a sound, and a cancelling effect are triggered.
- Joypad/Xbox360 controller support
Done. I'll have to test the SHMUP Creator with arcade stick too, in the next few weeks.
- possibility to make "ground based" games where the player plays as tank, offroad-vehicle or a person like a soldier; this also needs manual scrolling I think
Manual scrolling is working. You can restrain the size and direction of the manual scroll, and have in on top of the automatic scrolling.
- options for different playmodes and difficultys
Nothing done there, need work.
- what about gameplay stuff like "Break Mode" from Crimzon Clover or the black/white from IKARUGA
It's working, but not complete. You can use gauge, link it to weapons etc.
- possibility to use multiple planes for background in sidescrolling shmups
Right now, you can have 2 planes, and choose the scrolling speed.
If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask!