Hi suny, here i am again
. It´s clear to me that you can not implement everything, or implement it right now.
I just had some thougths. I play a lot of shmups right now. Training DoDonPachi II Bee Storm and playing this and that in-between.
So I get a lot of thought´s and ideas. So here is what I got in the last few days, I know, it's alot
- When screen orientation is switched (Yoko/Tate) the Game Menu and everything should also be changed in orientation. Once the orientation is changed, this orientation should be saved, till is it changed again. The set of Wallpapers should also be changed, fitting the orientation.
- Pot-Shot/"Dragon Shot"(from Dragon Blaze): Fire a part of the player-"ship" to do great damage and place that part on a different spot on the screen to fire from two position. This kind of shot also could erase enemy shots on its way. Pot like at R-Type. And this shot type could also get more points than normal shot.
- Charge Shot: Push button for some time to charge for a bigger shot. Multiple charge steps possible.
- Aim-Shot: Aim-Shot like that of Layer Section or Viper Phase 1, with crosshair. Or like that of Crimzon Clover with an expanding circle, giving more points with expanding time of holding the aiming circle alive. Firing rockets or something on all aimed enemies, when button is released released.
- "Options": Options like mini airplanes, drones or something, circling in different patterns around the player and firing by them self or function as a shield. The options at Battle Garegga are a good example.
- Auto-Bomb: Possibilitiy to implement a auto-bomb function. When the player is hit and there are bombs at stock, the bomb will be released. This could also be available as an option to set at the games option menu.
- Bomb collectibles: 1 Collectible for one bomb or more collectibles for getting one bomb.
- Different Bombs: Different kind of bombs, like one for upper layer and one for lower layer. Getting different amount of points or something.
- Switch-Shield: Shield to switch on and off like at Akai Katana, using up some kind of points that can be collected at the game.
- Exploding-Shield: Shield that can be collected an only lasts one, two, three etc. hits. When got hit, an explosion in a setup radius could be triggered and enemies in that zone take a preset damage. This Shield could also be upgraded when more of them are collected.
- Bullet canceling: Enemy bullets disappear when bomb or some other gameplay element is used.
- Ammunition: Ammunition is running low, and can be collected for different weapons.
- Sword: Some kind of Sword as weapon, maybe in combination of shield.
- Weapon-Changing "Power-Up": Power-Up is the wrong word. I think about the collectible weapons like at the Raiden series. Either one collectible for every kind of weapon or one that changes type of weapon till it is collected.
- Destroyable Enemy Shots: Some of the enemy shots could be destroyed and then disappear or split into smaller pieces with patterns. When be destroyed also could give an explosion and kill nearby enemies.
- Triggers for Music or Wallpapers: Triggers to change music title and/or wallpaper. For example at the beginning of a new stage or when a Boss appears.
- Multiplier/more points: Multiplier or points get even more increased when player cycles often between shots/weapons, like wide shot and laser at DoDonPachi. Or Multiplier/Points go up with distance to the enemy.
- Hitbox/Hitzones: Zone for one hit kill and zone for smaller damage or losing 1 Power-Up or something.
- Collectibles for Extra-Points: Collect something like letters to form a word like EXTRA in every stage to get extra points at the end. Example would be Blazing Star, another example would be the prisoners at Metal Slug.
- Day/Night/Weather: Change for day, night and weather like rain or snow for an complete stage. At 2D-Games also changes the color scheme. In this way the same stage/level could be used at different play modes with a different optical appearance
- Shadows: Possibility to simple implement shadows in 2D and 3D games. Change the possition of the "light source"
Highscore lists: Highscore lists with different aspects like difficulty, play mode, level/stage.
- Highscore systems: Highscore getting lost when using continue. When Highscore is reset, the highest Score in the run counts for Highscore list. Or, Highscore counts for the whole run, even when using continues.
- Speed Boost: Speed boost to scroll the level faster or just boost the player ship. Maybe be invincible for the time of the speed boost.
- Time Slowdown: Time slows down by bushing button or some other trigger, like at Espgaluda.
- Color-Switching (Ikaruga Effect): Possibility to switch the color of the player to do more damage to oposite colored enemys and use same colored enemy bullets as collectibles for points, amunition shield etc..
- Player Speed: Player speed changes with weapon to be used. As at DoDonPachi with wide shot or laser, player moves with different speed.
- Playmodes: Option for different playmodes like Arcade, Story, Survival etc. at the start menu.
- Difficulty Option: Possibility to select the difficulty like Easy, Normal, Hard,... And a tool to more easily create those difficulties. Like a list or something to set different kind of shot patterns for the enemies or moving speeds or different enemy patterns like how they appear on the screen.
- Save Game: Save game option like at Sturmwind at story mode. When player completes one stage in one difficulty, this will be saved. So that one can later return and start from that level at the highest difficulty one has cleared the stage before. This gives great replay value and give newbie the opportunity for slowly work their way up.
- Level-Map: A Level/Stage map to select between the Stages which way to go next. Like at Chotetsu Brikinger Ironclad.
- Multiple background layers and multi-parallax scrolling for 2D-Games.
- Video Record: The complete run through the game will be recorded and can be saved at the end. This could be an option at the options menu to set on/off.
- Scaler/Scanlines etc.: As an option for 2D-games with pixilated graphics, one could implement scalers like 4xBRZ or hq4x, as some people like that optical appearance more. Option to set scanlines for the play screen. Those options not for wallpapers.
- Bullet pattern generator and bullet database: An tool to simply create and change bullet patterns for player and enemies. Here one could also change the colors and size of the bullets. And the bullets change shape and size with distance to the "shooter". An database for bullet types, where users can feed new types of bullet forms in, would also be nice.
- Database: A database for graphical contend like bullets, enemies, sprites etc. and sound content, where users can feed in and use free.
- Possibility to create control schemes like that of Zero Gunner 2.
- Possibility to implement Videos at start or between the stages, or in some little field/frame while playing the game. For Story Mode this would be great, to see and hear someone from "headquarters while on the mission.
- Maybe tools for working with sound, sprites or other graphic content included or tipp's what tools to use. Especially for newbie's and people with not much experience, help with this would be great.
- Compiler for different systems: Would be really great when one could compile the created game for different systems like Linux, PlayStaion 4, Xbox 360, iOS, Android, Dreamcast etc. I loved the Beats of Rage games to be ported/compiled for Dreamcast and PSP. PS4 would absolutely be stunning.
- Please make it possible to create all gameplay elements from all existing Shmups