oh raiden... you dont mess about do you..
say it like it is ey?
anyway thanks for the suggestions,
- get rid of the green lines (vertical and horizontal)
nah.. I like em and they are functional, the vert helps people to target (people with less then l33t skillz and the horizontals give you timings on pattern bursts so you can point blank.
- more variety in enemy movement. The first 50 generations, I´m just moving left and right, killing everything, that´s a little boring. If enemies came from other directions, e.g. lower sides of the screen
yep, i agree will work on this
- increase minimum bullet velocity. Starting from generation 100, some bullets take so long to leave the screen they get caught up in your own data garbage collection routine and slowly fade out in the middle of the screen. Not very elegant.
i quite like it but i see that quite a few people don't so i will try and fix, its partly due to the fact that some patterns are evolved and end up evolving to very slow speeds, its not really a garbage collection.. just that each bullet has a fixed lifespan, to stop them ever getting stuck on screen forever.
- different enemy sizes/bosses would be cool.
Yep, but i'm not gonna get too complex with this, coz i want to save the time/effort for my other shmup stuff, some variation will be made though
- more narrow screen layout. Your average bullet tightness is so high the screen gets overcrowded with bullets in a way I find hard to process. Also, a 3:4 layout would enable you to include a tate mode which I think more PC shmups should have.
not quite sure what you mean.. make the play area smaller or wider?
I was thinking of reducing the play area as the generations increase..
I doubt that i will write a tate mode in though. but if its easy i might,,, hmmm
-althoug I´d agree that a little less "ABA-like" look would make it stand out more, as it definitely deserves. It´s basically a Ketsui clone, isn´t it? Any special gameplay features setting it apart from Ketsui?
yep.. the score system is kind of ketsui-like, not deliberate, but it just ended up that way, not that i want to hide it though. No real extra gameplay features i dont think, as i've said before this proejct is a bit of a plaything/testground so i'm not going to spend too much time refining it..
Probably 1-2 more versions before i let go..
Its been real educating on the feedback front and really valuble so thanks again.. will let you know when i've done the next update which will hopefully solve some of the issues everyone has raised.