shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:39 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:30 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
Hey guys! I have a new place and some new toys hopefully coming in, so I wanted to try hosting again. I'm not too far away from where Kiken lives now, though it's a bit further north for those of you who haven't joined us for a year or two.

PROMETHEUS is going to be in the area again and wants to meet in March. What day works for everyone?


Last edited by StarCreator on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:57 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 2430
Location: France
hey :] cool!
I'll be around from 1st to 29th anytime works for me!
_________________
Scores, replays, videos || Currently playing Nothing
I have written a guide about getting good at shmups.
Check it out !


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:26 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3482
StarCreator, do you have any dedicated tate CRTs for vert console games?
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:53 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
At the moment I have two CRTs here but one is my roommate's and the other is a 34" or so monster. I could probably tate it, but I'm not completely sure I can do it safely yet and it might be too large for the purpose besides. If it's convenient to bring in CRTs it might be better to plan on that.

Of course, I expect most of our play of the day to be on the Egret 2. Unfortunately I haven't gotten far into that console-in-a-cab project I bought some parts for, and those parts might get diverted for use in those new toys that are hopefully coming this weekend.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 25?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:21 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
Haven't heard from anyone if they have a preference for a specific day yet. It turns out I need a little more time to prepare than I thought, so I'm going to lean towards the 18th or 25th just to make sure everything will be ready. Do either of those dates work for everyone?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 25?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:05 pm 



Joined: 01 Jan 2016
Posts: 38
Sadly, 25th is already booked for me. I would gladly join you if it's on 18th, though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:30 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
You're not the first to tell me that, so the 18th it is!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:37 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3482
The 18th is fine for us. I could always stop by Goodwill and pick up a spare CRT. Otherwise.. what should I bring? The Saturns (along with a load of games) as well as Mushi Futari 1.5, Pink Sweets and maybe an MVS cart or two.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 2430
Location: France
Futari is great :D
_________________
Scores, replays, videos || Currently playing Nothing
I have written a guide about getting good at shmups.
Check it out !


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
Anyone bringing streaming/recording equipment? I in theory have the hardware but I'm not sure I'll have the time to set it up with everything else going on.

Also, what are we eating? I'm a bit further north than previous meets but we're still not really all that far from the usual places, or we can try something new.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3482
StarCreator wrote:
Anyone bringing streaming/recording equipment? I in theory have the hardware but I'm not sure I'll have the time to set it up with everything else going on.

Also, what are we eating? I'm a bit further north than previous meets but we're still not really all that far from the usual places, or we can try something new.


I have loads of capturing equipment and I figured I'd bring my laptop anyway. Granted, I don't have anything that'll take an RGB signal. Zakk may have to bring some of his stuff.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:42 pm 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1283
Location: Vienna, VA
If we want to capture/stream I can bring my stuff over; gives me a good extend test of my software too.
_________________
Suck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:59 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
Slightly related, but I just heard Michael's Noodles is closing permanently at the end of the month. We went there on one of the previous meets, but it must have been years ago now. I'm probably going to be eating there a lot while I still can.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2015
Posts: 298
Location: zip code 20151 USA
Hello there.. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.. I can bring my favorite PCBs if you guys are interested in playing them..1943, 19xx, blazing Star, shinobi, double dragon:) if there is a Naomi setup in placed I can bring a few SHMUPS as well. I am assuming there is a jamma setup or cabs in place??
_________________
The Future Is Now


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:29 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
I have an Egret 2 to run arcade boards in, tate or otherwise (because hey, it's an Egret 2). I'll have a CRT or two on the side otherwise for console games or if someone wants to bring a supergun. I also have a few new goodies but they still need some prep work before I know if they'll be ready for the meet or not.

I do not have any NAOMI setup, unfortunately. I also personally own Blazing Star, as does Kiken. (My collection also includes Esprade, Espgaluda 2, Progear, and some random things like Elevator Action Returns and Puzzle Bobble). I do suggest that if someone has a JAMMA MVS to bring then maybe they should, because mine is acting up a bit.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:32 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 946
Location: Massachusetts
I might be able to fly down if you'll have me. Would it be inconvenient for me to stay at someones place?
_________________
Image Image
Twitter - 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:09 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
ratikal wrote:
I might be able to fly down if you'll have me. Would it be inconvenient for me to stay at someones place?

I am already having PROMETHEUS over for the night following the meet, but technically I could house more if needed. I only have one spare bedroom though, but plenty of couch/sleeping bag space.

Would love to see you but I only have one cab for PCBs - you guys look to have way fancier meets lol


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:19 am 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2015
Posts: 298
Location: zip code 20151 USA
Thanks for the info.. I can bring a Jamma NeoGeo.. Egreet II are great:)..
_________________
The Future Is Now


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 pm 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1283
Location: Vienna, VA
StarCreator wrote:
ratikal wrote:
I might be able to fly down if you'll have me. Would it be inconvenient for me to stay at someones place?

I am already having PROMETHEUS over for the night following the meet, but technically I could house more if needed. I only have one spare bedroom though, but plenty of couch/sleeping bag space.

Would love to see you but I only have one cab for PCBs - you guys look to have way fancier meets lol


All he needs is a PS4 with Garegga :)
_________________
Suck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3482
ratikal wrote:
I might be able to fly down if you'll have me. Would it be inconvenient for me to stay at someones place?


Ratikal, how long would you be staying in the area if you were to fly down? We do have space for a visitor.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 946
Location: Massachusetts
So far, I was just planning one day. Come in the morning Saturday and leave in the morning Sunday. Changing a day, like coming Friday or leaving Sunday won't change the prices too much.

I don't need much, I'll just bring my aerobed and fan and be happy sleeping on that!
_________________
Image Image
Twitter - 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:45 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 2430
Location: France
you coming ratikal?! if so thats awesome!
_________________
Scores, replays, videos || Currently playing Nothing
I have written a guide about getting good at shmups.
Check it out !


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:22 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3482
ratikal wrote:
So far, I was just planning one day. Come in the morning Saturday and leave in the morning Sunday. Changing a day, like coming Friday or leaving Sunday won't change the prices too much.

I don't need much, I'll just bring my aerobed and fan and be happy sleeping on that!


We have a comfortable fold-out couch downstairs. We would just recommend bringing your own pillow. We can certainly put you up for a couple of nights. Just let us know when you're coming down and when you plan on heading back.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
I heard peak bloom has been pushed back to the same weekend as the meet. Anyone want to go cherry blossom viewing on the 19th? lol

There might also be music game arcade sidetrips the day after considering we have a decent music game crowd coming this time...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:16 pm 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1283
Location: Vienna, VA
Do you have anything setup to split out the RGB/audio in the egret2? My setup is so weird/special that I actually don't have any easy plug-and-go solution for this.
_________________
Suck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:24 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Maryland, USA
zakk wrote:
Do you have anything setup to split out the RGB/audio in the egret2? My setup is so weird/special that I actually don't have any easy plug-and-go solution for this.

Afraid not =/ Cab wiring is completely stock as far as I can tell and I prefer to keep it that way - I would have pursued A/V splitting via a JAMMA passthrough adapter, but haven't had the time with all the other things I'm trying to get done.

I still need to try to get the TypeX working aaargh


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 946
Location: Massachusetts
Kiken wrote:
ratikal wrote:
So far, I was just planning one day. Come in the morning Saturday and leave in the morning Sunday. Changing a day, like coming Friday or leaving Sunday won't change the prices too much.

I don't need much, I'll just bring my aerobed and fan and be happy sleeping on that!


We have a comfortable fold-out couch downstairs. We would just recommend bringing your own pillow. We can certainly put you up for a couple of nights. Just let us know when you're coming down and when you plan on heading back.


Would coming down on Saturday and leaving Monday be okay for you guys? I really appreciate you guys giving me a space to crash!
_________________
Image Image
Twitter - 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3482
ratikal wrote:
Kiken wrote:
ratikal wrote:
So far, I was just planning one day. Come in the morning Saturday and leave in the morning Sunday. Changing a day, like coming Friday or leaving Sunday won't change the prices too much.

I don't need much, I'll just bring my aerobed and fan and be happy sleeping on that!


We have a comfortable fold-out couch downstairs. We would just recommend bringing your own pillow. We can certainly put you up for a couple of nights. Just let us know when you're coming down and when you plan on heading back.


Would coming down on Saturday and leaving Monday be okay for you guys? I really appreciate you guys giving me a space to crash!


That'd be fine. Which airport are you coming in through? If it's BWI or Dulles, we'll need to pick you up directly from the airport... if it's Reagan, you can take the Metro to the Shady Grove station (on the Red Line), which is only a few miles from us, and we can pick you up from there.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:26 pm 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1283
Location: Vienna, VA
There's a $5 shuttle from Dulles to the Silver Line, so he can get the scenic tour of the under construction extension that he can't use yet.
_________________
Suck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MD/DC/VA Winter 2017 Shmupmeet - March 18
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:19 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 946
Location: Massachusetts
BWI is the least expensive I believe, I'm gonna book tomorrow. I can always just get an Uber/Lyft to StarCreator's place.
_________________
Image Image
Twitter - 1CCs


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group