shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 12:30 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Custom Sticks Thread!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm 

2dvertical wrote:
I am still trying to find this out, i want to put a pcb in that will allow me to play ps2 DISCS in a PHAT ps3. I have a madcatz sf4 competition se stick, i have seen videos with people wiring the home button, led's for player #, and also getting the lock switch and lp,dp,rp switch to work but they were all on the tournament edition stick. Nobody ever mentions playing ps2 disc on a phat

stevens has been a great deal of help, thx! He suggested the ps360+
Any help on this would be great as any info I find is using old sticks on new gen, not newish stick on legacy consoles. This is the stick so far, sanwa silent stick and buttons

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pi8f3wf7rd2lssj/AAA9gqRDkxqL2w6TiE4VgrJTa

I suggest playing PS2 games on a PS2 if at all possible, the PS3 is a poor choice for them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:37 am 

2dvertical wrote:
ps2 in phat ps3

It works. I played a midway classic disc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:12 am 

powerfuran wrote:
harrytasker wrote:
HORI RAP V, sanwa buttons+balltop.

Very nice. I see it doesn't have a plexi panel on top of it, how did you print the artwork and does it have some sort of plastic finish to prevent scratching?

It has plexi, I just suck at taking pictures

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 pm 

Got the PS/PS2 cord last week for my pcb.

I can confirm that Strikers 1945 for the PS (the one that is really Strikers II) will not work with the PS360+ on either console.

Seems to be an issue with the game itself as my other PS games work with it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:12 am 

powerfuran wrote:
So I bought this very generic zero delay pcb from Amazon Italy...

I saw this on ebay and was curious about it for making a lower cost PC stick. Glad to hear that it works, and at least the delay isn't noticeable though hard to believe it is zero. Thanks for the detailed post about it, very helpful!

How would you orient the joystick if it didn't have the 5-pin connector? :o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 am 

kaiza wrote:

How would you orient the joystick if it didn't have the 5-pin connector? :o

Sticks with no pcb can be oriented which way you want, it wouldn't make any difference. The only thing is that you would not use the 5-pin connector at all, instead you need to use the 4 separate connectors which you can see highlighted in red here:

Imagefree image upload

Of course the connectors need to have the larger 0.187 quick disconnects which don't come with this specific kit but you can easily make your own connectors. I am actually working on this because I have another stick which uses a non-PCB LS-32 stick and I plan to use this same Zero Delay model.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 pm 

Not quite a fight stick, this was a fully enclosed Raspberry Pi console with hdmi out, a side input for a second player an a rechargeable battery.

Here's my latest a solid walnut case for modern consoles and PC.

My next project will use the PS360+ and I'll use it for dreamcast fighting games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:04 am 

mheyman wrote:
snip

Impressive :shock:

I love the Sega button layout on both sticks. Mind to share a pic of the internals of the Raspberry Pi stick?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:39 am 

powerfuran wrote:
mheyman wrote:
snip

Impressive :shock:

I love the Sega button layout on both sticks. Mind to share a pic of the internals of the Raspberry Pi stick?

I might be able to open it up later for some pictures. i do have a little diagram I made while putting it together.

It's not included on here but I ended up panel mounting a DC jack and wiring that to the charging circuit. Also the buttons are wired into an Ultimarc I-Pac which plugs into the usb of the Pi. I didn't want to bother with the gpio and honestly didn't know how when I took on this project.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:05 am 

Very nice rig. Did you make the case yourself or can you find those larger cases online?

Now for something a lot easier, I have upgraded my old Agetech with new artwork and plexi from Tek-Innovations and installed another zero delay pcb, works perfectly with steam for me. I love these solderless kits.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:54 pm 

Thanks! I made the cases myself. I was actually working on a tutorial to make one but never ended up finishing it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 am 

hey, powerfuran

Now I see you talk about ZeroDelay PCBs, do you know of a reliable solution for playing on any console? I mean, what if I wanted to use a ZeroDelay custom stick in PlayStation 2?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 am 

DiegoPonga wrote:
hey, powerfuran

Now I see you talk about ZeroDelay PCBs, do you know of a reliable solution for playing on any console? I mean, what if I wanted to use a ZeroDelay custom stick in PlayStation 2?

I don't have any multi-console needs atm so I haven't really investigated that, but from what I can see on srk the best multi-console board is still the Toodles Chtulu which I don't know if it is still available in the market at all. The only thing with that is that you need to make your own console cables using the RJ45 standard, you can see some pictures and examples here.
http://www.hobbyforever.fr/Dual-mod-Mad ... _a921.html

There might be other options available now that I don't know about though...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 pm 

powerfuran wrote:
I don't have any multi-console needs atm so I haven't really investigated that, but from what I can see on srk the best multi-console board is still the Toodles Chtulu which I don't know if it is still available in the market at all.

Actually the MC Cthulu was brought back recently by Paradise Arcade Shop: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-cons ... hulhu.html

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20