Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: PAL GameCube RGB + Bandridge 7725 = Rolling Diagonal Bars
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:56 pm 

Hi all,

I have a PAL GameCube hooked up over SCART RGB. When I connect it directly to my TV, all is good. When I connect it through my Bandridge 7725 passive SCART switcher I get rolling diagonal lines, mostly on bright colors, especially red. The switch seems to work fine otherwise, i.e. my N64 & Saturn don't show the slightest problems and I also did the mod to fix the power issues on the 5th input.

I was using a cheap SCART RGB cable and upgraded to a higher quality one from RetroGamingCables.uk. This improved the situation a but, but didn't fix it either. I noticed that turning up the noise reduction in my TV's picture settings to Med/High nearly completely eliminates the artifact.

Not sure what to do here. The GC and Bandridge work absolutely fine with all other devices, just not in combination. I suspect this is a sync issue and my TV has a filtering feature that fixes it 90%. No GC outputs CSYNC and the PAL GC I'm using has no S-Video, so Sync-on-Luma is not an option either. Naturally, I'm using a composite sync cable. The only upgrade I can think of is to use an external sync stripper or cable, not sure if that'll help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline Profile