I recently got an Emotia GX and have been testing it out, and I think I have a dud on my hands. I already own a working Super Emotia, so I tested this setup by first confirming that the setup worked on the Super Emotia, then migrated the cables over to the GX. I used a Dreamcast over VGA for testing.
Here's what I did:
- Dreamcast -> Super Emotia -> RGB -> PVM: Looks good
- Dreamcast -> Emotia GX -> RGB -> PVM: The image is green. If I wiggle the RGBS connectors in the back, the image sometimes disappears, but every time it reappears, it's green. If I pull out the B and R lines, the image doesn't change. If I put any of the other color lines into the G port, that color will appear in the image; for example, connecting the red line to the G port results in a red image. My guess is that S and G are wired up, but R and B are completely shot
- Dreamcast -> Super Emotia -> Composite -> PVM: Looks good — I mean as good as composite is gonna look
- Dreamcast -> Emotia GX -> Composite -> PVM: Image looks really bright. Flicking the 75kOhm switch in the back does not change the image at all
- Dreamcast -> Emotia GX -> Component -> PVM: I can't get an image to display. I figure I'd at least see a black and white image if the luma signal is being passed, but I've never seen one
- I don't have an S-Video cable, so no testing of that mode for me
In all the GX tests, I played with the switches to see if the behavior would change, but nothing happened. Am I missing something obvious here? Is this worth attempting to fix, or should I return it? Thanks for reading.