shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:23 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: Help needed on my Megaview 37" aspect with OSSC chain
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 pm 

on My mitsubishi 29", the output also act as an input.. I would think that it would be true here as well.. Even the NEC works this way.. The extetron 203 does not allow you to stretch the picture, the control will allow you to move the picture left and right and up and down. My understanding is that the Extron also acts as a sync combiner. On my Mistubishi, I have to use the Extron for the Naomi, Taito, and Groovymame and PC.. I have not tried anything else.

Last edited by SNK-NEO-GEO on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:02 pm 

Hoagtech wrote:
svensonson wrote:
Let us know which consoles you would like to hook up into this

not sure why you would need a scart to vga cable for the extron setup

Because the input is a vga style (HD-15) the BNC is reserved is reserved for output. If I'm reading it right.

Do you know if the Extron does sync cleaning or would I need an external device like a sync forge or something?

sorry, just lost the overview on this thread! whats your plan exaclty with the extron interface? not sure why you want to hook up a rgb 15khz source to it! thats why you want to get the scart to vga lead, right? doesnt make sense to me and this wont work
which console(s) do you want to use?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:27 pm 

svensonson wrote:
sorry, just lost the overview on this thread! whats your plan exaclty with the extron interface? not sure why you want to hook up a rgb 15khz source to it! thats why you want to get the scart to vga lead, right? doesnt make sense to me and this wont work

If I'm not mistaken, his goal with the extron is to get picture centering options. Being able to shift the picture left or right. since some systems display an image more to one side or the other

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:46 pm 

FinalBaton wrote:
svensonson wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, his goal with the extron is to get picture centering options. Being able to shift the picture left or right. since some systems display an image more to one side or the other

OP wants overscan.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 pm 

Sorry, I thought Extron units would allow for this. Hence why I asked again to make sure. Don't waste your money Hoagtech if that's what you're looking for :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 pm 

Oh! sorry.

Thehere are so many ideas thrown around in these discussions that it sometimes becomes hard to keep track of the original goal, lol.
Don't worry bobrocks, you're not alone

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:18 am 

svensonson wrote:
Hoagtech wrote:
svensonson wrote:
Let us know which consoles you would like to hook up into this

not sure why you would need a scart to vga cable for the extron setup

Because the input is a vga style (HD-15) the BNC is reserved is reserved for output. If I'm reading it right.

Do you know if the Extron does sync cleaning or would I need an external device like a sync forge or something?

I wanted to get the extron interface so I could use scart to rgbhv on my BNC connectors. My manual says the rgb 1 port supports 15 kHz and line doubles its source (not just on svideo) .

The problem is I can only find scart to RGBs bnc cables (4 connectors 3 video 1 sync) and not scart to rgbhv (5 connectors 3 video 2 sync [1 h sync 1 v sync] ).

so I would like the extron interface to input 15 kHz through scart and out put 15 kHz rgbhv bnc.

I want to see how my display handles 15 kHz by itself being line doubled instead.

Also I wanted to use it as a vga converter if possible instead of my Gofanko converter

@ SNK

What benefit would the extron 203 give over just using hd-15 to rgbhv bnc from my video card output?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 am 

"What benefit would the extron 203 give over just using hd-15 to rgbhv bnc from my video card output?"
If you can get a picture from a PC\xbox 360\ going over the HD-15 without a 203, then I would say no benefit.. I suggested the 203 because on my Mitsubishi, the picture (from PC/Grooveymame/Naomi/Taito Type X2) will not sync without the 203.. I get a black screen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:22 pm 

Hi Hoagtech,

I highly doubt it will accept 15khz using rgbhv instead of the rgbs. your monitor does accept rgbs according to its manuel but from 24khz and upwards. this means that the same applies to rgbhv. if it does not sync on 15khz rgbs, it wont also sync on rgbhv.
can you send us a link to that manuel?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 am 

svensonson wrote:
Hi Hoagtech,

I highly doubt it will accept 15khz using rgbhv instead of the rgbs. your monitor does accept rgbs according to its manuel but from 24khz and upwards. this means that the same applies to rgbhv. if it does not sync on 15khz rgbs, it wont also sync on rgbhv.
can you send us a link to that manuel?

I have the original and would be happy to scan it. But I do have not a way to share it in a forum post. Any ideas on how I could link my scan file in a forum post?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:11 am 

I don't think you can adjust width, only position.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:23 am 

BazookaBen wrote:

What would you use bazooka Ben? I would love to get my overscan on, either with or without the ossc?

And chroma shift and gamma are important to me. What do you feed into your vga monitors that don't support 15 kHz?

Hopefully you don't mind sharing your secrets but I would love to see a better result in an aspect that is normal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:09 am 

Hoagtech wrote:

And mine? : (XC-725C) 1280x1024 75 Hz 15.75; 24-64 Khz .85 40-120 Hz

Oh so it's SXGA native, Lx4 should be optimal then (although you will get vertical underscan, as the output will be 1280x960). Did you reflash it yet?

In any case, I am not sure what happens when one converts back to VGA, maybe this is the crux. If the converter just outputs a constant VGA, without any care for the input. Then it doesn't matter what your OSSC settings are (potentially). Do you know the specs of the VGA converter?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:00 pm 

Hoagtech wrote:
BazookaBen wrote:

What would you use bazooka Ben? I would love to get my overscan on, either with or without the ossc?

And chroma shift and gamma are important to me. What do you feed into your vga monitors that don't support 15 kHz?

Hopefully you don't mind sharing your secrets but I would love to see a better result in an aspect that is normal.

Outside of the monitor's service menu, I have no idea how to adjust overscan.

As for what I do with my PC CRT's, I only play consoles that are 480p capable and newer. So Dreamcast and later.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:46 pm 

Harrumph wrote:
Hoagtech wrote:

And mine? : (XC-725C) 1280x1024 75 Hz 15.75; 24-64 Khz .85 40-120 Hz

Oh so it's SXGA native, Lx4 should be optimal then (although you will get vertical underscan, as the output will be 1280x960). Did you reflash it yet?

In any case, I am not sure what happens when one converts back to VGA, maybe this is the crux. If the converter just outputs a constant VGA, without any care for the input. Then it doesn't matter what your OSSC settings are (potentially). Do you know the specs of the VGA converter?

I just re flashed the firmware and still cannot change my settings. It won't even let me choose to go back to initial test pattern.

I am using a gofanko dvi to vga scaler. I don't think it's the vga scaler because it does the same thing when I hook it up to my 65" Sony kdl.

@bazooka Ben. Thanks for that too. I'm on the hunt as I would like to use this tv for everything 4:3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:13 pm 

Ahhhh man. I thought I would give up on this thing but I thought it might be a bad sd format. So I reformatted the SD card reinstalled AGAIN.

This time... it freakin worked !! :mrgreen:

I am pretty sure my set is native XGA but suppprts sxga non natively.

I think the triple line mode is much sharper.

And the best part is my picture on line 3 is able to be over scanned so my problem is solved for the time being.

I love this OSSC and this giant tv. Wooo Hoooooo!!

Line 3x Mario 64J

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:57 am 

That's awesome, but you really need to take some shots of SNES and Genesis games. Low-grade 3D of the N64 era doesn't really show the potential of 240p graphics.

Offline Profile