shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:53 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:48 pm 

mtn360 wrote:
@superg: Excuse my ignorance, but will pre-orders be announced in this thread? Is there a waiting list already? Any other way to sponsor your awesome work like Patreon or similar?

Yeah, everything will be announced here. In addition to that I usually ask retrorgb to announce it on his Twitter / Facebook.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 pm 

I managed to fix it, the capture card driver was starting with the wrong field, I think.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm 

Where do i need to sign up for the lite version please?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:49 pm 

lettuce wrote:
Where do i need to sign up for the lite version please?

See two posts above:

superg wrote:
Yeah, everything will be announced here. In addition to that I usually ask retrorgb to announce it on his Twitter / Facebook.

:wink:

NES NTSC Palettes: http://www.firebrandx.com/nespalette.html

SNES Serial DB: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HYLy_TTDop_FzuX6qnxuQI43upg4raXfno582taO744/pubhtml

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:02 am 

I don't know if I should post it elsewere, but I wanted to ask something to @superg

Where do you buy the pieces for your switches? I want some 6×RCA mounts as well as a SCART one in order to create a cheap PCB that sends YPbPr through a SCART cable.

I've seen a couple of eBay shops, but I don't know if they are reliable.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:11 am 

DiegoPonga wrote:
I don't know if I should post it elsewere, but I wanted to ask something to @superg

Where do you buy the pieces for your switches? I want some 6×RCA mounts as well as a SCART one in order to create a cheap PCB that sends YPbPr through a SCART cable.

I order SCART and those 6x colored RCA connectors directly from China. How many do you need? I have some here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:33 am 

What is SuperG. Long time fan of your work. I am Soldier in the US Army currently deployed to Iraq. I am so excited to for the gscart lite to be released. I have been building up my old school gaming inventory since 2014 where I spent a year in Korea.

Good luck with build.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 am 

superg wrote:
DiegoPonga wrote:

I order SCART and those 6x colored RCA connectors directly from China. How many do you need? I have some here.

Well, I would choose just one for this time. I want to try how easy and cheap it is to create a device that allows you to take YPbPr into YPbPr-through-SCART.

At the moment, I don't plan to use pin 20, so I imagine that a manual select solution would be enough for the idea I told you about a couple of days ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 pm 

mjs0686 wrote:
Side question, anyone know of a good quality male euro-scart to RGBS BNC + 2 RCA audio Cable that is at least 4-6 feet? To hook up the gscartsw lite to a monitor?

Links are here: http://www.retrorgb.com/scarttodisplay.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm 

retrorgb wrote:
mjs0686 wrote:
Side question, anyone know of a good quality male euro-scart to RGBS BNC + 2 RCA audio Cable that is at least 4-6 feet? To hook up the gscartsw lite to a monitor?

Links are here: http://www.retrorgb.com/scarttodisplay.html

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:22 pm 

Lite progress:
All my consoles have been tested, mostly everything is rock solid with an exception of Master System and Genesis, there is a sync regeneration bug and I'm currently working on fixing it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:42 pm 

Wii through GARO over SCART also has tricky sync, worth checking.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm 

Guspaz wrote:
Wii through GARO over SCART also has tricky sync, worth checking.

I checked HANZO and ArcadeForge_UMSA - all works great in 31kHz mode.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:09 pm 

superg wrote:
No image changes / upscaling, just forwards the signal and if SoG is detected it's replaced by the standard RGBS.

If it could also output RGBHV (+2 output signals) then it would work with a number of LCD VGA monitors without needing a scan doubler. (I don't know how many of those, if any, support RGBS.)

In any case, I'm very much looking forward to this little PS2 board.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 pm 

I'll be watching for a gcompsw.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am 

Would you consider a lpf on/off switch for the gscart?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 am 

Milspex wrote:
Would you consider a lpf on/off switch for the gscart?

If I would continue to manufacture gscartsw v3.4 I may consider it.
Lite doesn't have that filter so nothing to disable.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm 

Ok, finally the lite testing is done, all issues are fixed.
I'm currently changing the documentation and preparing to open the lite pre-orders.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 pm 

superg wrote:
I'm currently changing the documentation and preparing to open the lite pre-orders.

I'll gladly be on that list, count me in!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 pm 

superg wrote:

Nice! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:42 am 

Just FYI, please don't PM me about adding to the list. There is no any list, everything will be handled through http://gretrostuff.com.
It will be announced here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 pm 

Amazing news! Question: will the gcomp and gscart be released close enoug to each other to combine shipping?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:05 pm 

shoobopper wrote:
Amazing news! Question: will the gcomp and gscart be released close enoug to each other to combine shipping?

I don't think so, gcompsw's are being soldered currently. I expect the news from my manufacturer in a week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:32 pm 

Just got a gscartsw (phat?) and I love it.

Is there any cable available that can run from the VGA-style output (D-sub?) to a typical scart-head?

My PVM is a Sony 2530 which has those proprietary "cmptr" inputs, so the D-sub to BNC cables always recommended are not useful for me. Of course I have a scart-to-cmptr adapter already.

Let me know if there's any other method I could use to get that second output to run into my Sony PVM-2530 (BNC to Cmptr? D-sub to cmptr? :) thanks all!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:13 am 

PixelDharma wrote:
Just got a gscartsw (phat?) and I love it.

Is there any cable available that can run from the VGA-style output (D-sub?) to a typical scart-head?

My PVM is a Sony 2530 which has those proprietary "cmptr" inputs, so the D-sub to BNC cables always recommended are not useful for me. Of course I have a scart-to-cmptr adapter already.

Let me know if there's any other method I could use to get that second output to run into my Sony PVM-2530 (BNC to Cmptr? D-sub to cmptr? :) thanks all!

I don't think there are any standard cables for that, you can probably order the custom one from retro_console_accessories.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 pm 

Hello Superg,
I want to try to use one of your boxes in a different system.

I have a car with touch screen display which uses RGBS as Navigation unit and I want to install a Reverse Camera which is Composite instead of component.

Here's a pic of the wiring

Since the image needs to be converted and autoswitched when I put in reverse, do you have any item that may do it?
And will I have a problem between PAL and NTSC?
And about the Power Input, volts-amps?

Waiting for a reply on this special project.
Thanks from UK.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:55 pm 

Sorry for asking again since this has come up before, but would you consider to offer combined shipping or any discount of that sort if I get to order both the gcompsw v1.1 and the gscartsw_lite v1.0 with international shipping? I´m aware these might not be available to sell at the same time but maybe the first order could be put on hold until I get the second one or something.

Anyway, I really admire and appreciate what you are doing here. Thank you so much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:29 pm 

holaplaneta wrote:
Sorry for asking again since this has come up before, but would you consider to offer combined shipping or any discount of that sort if I get to order both the gcompsw v1.1 and the gscartsw_lite v1.0 with international shipping? I´m aware these might not be available to sell at the same time but maybe the first order could be put on hold until I get the second one or something.

Anyway, I really admire and appreciate what you are doing here. Thank you so much.

That I could do potentially but it's unlikely that those will be available at the same time. gscartsw_lite will go by pre-orders, gcompsw's will be available in 2 weeks or so.

Update: I found one more small issue which have to be fixed before mass production, this is related to Master System / Genesis, the ones which require sync stripper to be supported by XRGB-Mini, hope that will quickly be resolved.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:14 pm 

gaspower wrote:
Hello Superg,
I want to try to use one of your boxes in a different system.

I have a car with touch screen display which uses RGBS as Navigation unit and I want to install a Reverse Camera which is Composite instead of component.

Here's a pic of the wiring

Since the image needs to be converted and autoswitched when I put in reverse, do you have any item that may do it?
And will I have a problem between PAL and NTSC?
And about the Power Input, volts-amps?

Waiting for a reply on this special project.
Thanks from UK.

Hi,

Well, as long as it's RGBS and composite - all the voltages should be standard. You shouldn't have a problem with PAL / NTSC either, both composite formats are supported. The one and only concern is how your system switches between composite / RGBS, if that's automatic you're good to go. You will have to supply your composite to SCART sync pin, that's where detection is performed and of course solder / buy composite -> SCART adapter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:40 pm 

superg wrote:
Hi,

Well, as long as it's RGBS and composite - all the voltages should be standard. You shouldn't have a problem with PAL / NTSC either, both composite formats are supported. The one and only concern is how your system switches between composite / RGBS, if that's automatic you're good to go. You will have to supply your composite to SCART sync pin, that's where detection is performed and of course solder / buy composite -> SCART adapter.

I believe you understood it wrong, or it was me who didn't explain well.
When I put the car in reverse, I activate the camera, which is composite or CVBS.
Now, since the car system only works with Component or RGBs, I need to convert Composite to Component with a separate Sync.
And after that I have to "Inject" the signal to the TouchScreen.
That's why I asked about Voltages, if you have a board that when detects "HIGH", in this case reverse, auto switches to that channel and makes the signal convertion.

I hope that now I made a clear info about my needs.
Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 40  Next