shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:39 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: DoDonPachi Saidaioujou coming to Xbox 360 (REGION-FREE!)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:42 pm 

Keres wrote:
1up wrote:
It's been confirmed that the voices are way too loud in the port compared to the pcb. What do I set the Music, sfx and voices to, to get as close to the pcb sounds?

I won't claim that they're "exact PCB" levels, but I use 80/70/45 (music/sfx/voice) and it seems somewhat close.

Thanks, will try that out. I'm no purist, so something in the ballpark is fine :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 pm 

The biggest thing with the bug is that it makes the first 4 stages completely pointless to ever practice aside from "can I make it to stage 5 consistently, and have at least an X level hyper" If you want to play for score with the bugged scoring, you should put almost all of your practice time into stage 5. From what I can see, the bug isn't exactly insane to trigger; you just need to build your GP value to a certain amount, which can be done by no-miss no-bomb and good planning of hyper usage. Watching a replay of a full stage 5 that triggers it should be able to show you how it's done decently enough. So it's not really "oh I don't have to worry about this because only gods can get it", it's more of "oh damn, all the practice in stages 1-4 I've been doing is completely fucking worthless because stage 5 has so much potential value."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:14 pm 

Just played Xbox 360 mode for a bit, god-fucking-damn this mode is quickly growing on me, so awesome. Having a lot of fun with it, now just waiting for the patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:37 pm 

I haven't kept up with this thread so apologies if this has been mentioned. I restarted stage 1 and a high score that I had not achieved appeared out of no where... come on now.... wait, is this some kind of joke to tell us that restarting is cheating and should be punished to the full extent of the jam :evil:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm 

trap15 wrote:
The biggest thing with the bug is that it makes the first 4 stages completely pointless to ever practice aside from "can I make it to stage 5 consistently, and have at least an X level hyper" If you want to play for score with the bugged scoring, you should put almost all of your practice time into stage 5. From what I can see, the bug isn't exactly insane to trigger; you just need to build your GP value to a certain amount, which can be done by no-miss no-bomb and good planning of hyper usage. Watching a replay of a full stage 5 that triggers it should be able to show you how it's done decently enough. So it's not really "oh I don't have to worry about this because only gods can get it", it's more of "oh damn, all the practice in stages 1-4 I've been doing is completely fucking worthless because stage 5 has so much potential value."

I don't have the skills or inclination to full-chain stage 5, but it makes superplays kind of boring to watch.

Honestly, the scoring bug isn't the game's biggest scoring issue - if the hyper limit was 5 and maybe some other tweaks were made (removing the GP multiplier?), we wouldn't have the bug in the first place and people wouldn't spend three stages hoarding them for use in one spot. I'm not a fan of the recharging either, but the max stock is what really throws off the balance. THAT'S what they should have changed in 1.5.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:40 pm 

chempop wrote:
I haven't kept up with this thread so apologies if this has been mentioned. I restarted stage 1 and a high score that I had not achieved appeared out of no where... come on now.... wait, is this some kind of joke to tell us that restarting is cheating and should be punished to the full extent of the jam :evil:

Hahahah CAVE

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:44 pm 

I sometimes wonder if Cave doesn't get any feedback from their users. Shit like restarting from stage one invalidating your score, having to reset your settings for every mode, and the entire concept of a separate score attack mode are obvious issues that should have been pointed out to them and fixed back in 2008 when they made Deathsmiles.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:46 pm 

trap15 wrote:
Hahahah CAVE

FUCK CAVE

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:00 pm 

Even if it's a shitty port, I still want to play this fucking game
Coca Cola > Cave

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:55 pm 

chempop wrote:

Restarting was similarly penalised in DDP DFK. Nothing new.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:47 pm 

Finally got my hands on it .. first impressions :

The entire game does in fact have this iPlastic style on every enemy. It feels like I'm raiding Apple's military hardware division.

The amount of visual clutter overload is just out of control. Unfortunately, unlike Crimzon Clover, there's no option to change the effect/item transparency. Going to take awhile before my eyes can adjust to the madness.

Shot and laser are pretty much what I expected. Expert feels like it was designed for players who felt DOJ Loop 2 was too easy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:25 pm 

Lovin' this game but i'm finding the score displays at the top of the screen a little intrusive,they cover nearly a third of the screen obstructing the view. The score attack counter is my biggest gripe,it needs to be moved up or smaller.I know DFK was similar but it didn't seem to bother me as much. Guess i'm the only one that feels this way as i don't think its been mentioned yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:38 pm 

All of the complaints about the score bug seem to be exaggerating the issue. It's only in Arcade HD that it occurs, right? I remember reading that it was fixed in 1.5. Ver 1.5 is SDOJ's 'Black Label', so if you want to play without the score bug just play that mode or Xbox 360 (I doubt you can trigger it in Novice, either?).

Cave's primary market is Japanese arcade gamers, so it makes sense that if they like trying to trigger the overflow to leave it in by default in the port and give the option to disable it. And if you want to play a mode without it, pick 1.5, which is pretty much arcade mode but more polished and tweaked slightly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:33 am 

Keres wrote:
MSZ wrote:
She says 死ぬかよい when she drops the bomb, hope this helps.

If that's true, that's pretty funny.

Yeah that's exactly what it says, with a creepy laugh at the end. She role plays as her stuffed animals all the time during the game, so I'm pretty sure it's the bear she's role playing there. As I said when I first got the game I don't feel like it fits the DDP series well, but I find a lot of the dialogue in 360 mode quite amusing.

Image Image

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:07 am 

BareknuckleRoo wrote:
All of the complaints about the score bug seem to be exaggerating the issue. It's only in Arcade HD that it occurs, right?

On top of that it's only possible using Expert Type.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:13 am 

It happens in Laser as well and I think Shot. So all 3 types can do it.

And even with stage 5 being worth so much, I still think it'd be worth learning the first 4 stages if you were going to score. stage 1-4 + 5 chain is still going to beat the stage 5 alone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:36 am 

But realize this: less than a second in the bug is worth more than the rest of the game combined. It's far more worthwhile to try to optimize how long you can be in the bug.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:06 am 

A little joke.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:30 am 

the

Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:37 am 

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:
It happens in Laser as well and I think Shot. So all 3 types can do it.

Quite true.

Quote:
And even with stage 5 being worth so much, I still think it'd be worth learning the first 4 stages if you were going to score. stage 1-4 + 5 chain is still going to beat the stage 5 alone.

This is an important point most people in this thread seem to ignore. Sure, triggering the overflow will get you a score in the hundreds of billions if not higher. But if you're going for the WR, an optimal stage 1-4 will still put you on top, all other things equal. Just like in any other game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:06 am 

Where is wallpaper brightness setting? I don't need no stinking wallpaper.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:35 am 

trap15 wrote:
But realize this: less than a second in the bug is worth more than the rest of the game combined. It's far more worthwhile to try to optimize how long you can be in the bug.

Sorry, that's total shit. Someone said this is Cave's best game, but it's broken. If they had rectified the bug, perhaps it stood a chance, but instead they made the bugged ver. the status quo. Idiocy, can't believe Ikeda would allow such daftness.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 am 

Does any of the shop items give the option to hide the hyper stock counter below the ship? That sprite is messing with my dodging...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:57 am 

1up wrote:
Does any of the shop items give the option to hide the hyper stock counter below the ship? That sprite is messing with my dodging...

My issue is on the opposite side, I think it's the laser turret above the ship that's been screwing me up. I've gotten better with it but still clipping the ass of the ship a lot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 am 

Pretas wrote:
A little joke.

I lol'd.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:42 am 

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog ... -9d1b.html

New blog post, seems to detail more precise patch notes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:52 am 

AntiFritz wrote:
http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2013/06/post-9d1b.html

Can't read Japanese but I see something to do with sound effects. Re balancing defaults I guess.

Any info there that the non-broken version of the game might be considered viable for leaderboard competition.

Not that this matters in the long run: patches, gah.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:53 am 

awo wrote:
Chaos Phoenixma wrote:

This is an important point most people in this thread seem to ignore. Sure, triggering the overflow will get you a score in the hundreds of billions if not higher. But if you're going for the WR, an optimal stage 1-4 will still put you on top, all other things equal. Just like in any other game.

But not really in this case. Technically, yes, strategic scoring in the first four stages is worth points, but we're talking around 7-8 billion (this is what superplayers were getting at the end of stage 4 before the overflow was discovered) compared to 1 to 2 trillion from a few seconds of overflow. Plus, using hypers in those first four stages will drive the rank up and make the overflow harder to achieve so it just isn't worth it.

It's also worth noting that players who trigger the overflow are still able to NMNB and fully chain the first four stages much of the time, so it's not like they're flailing around until stage 5, they just don't hyper which costs them only a few billion.

AntiFritz wrote:
http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2013/06/post-9d1b.html

Updates regarding the patch:

- The leaderboard bug has been fixed
- Some small bugs involving the training mode and restarts were fixed
- The bug that made the game stop when collecting items was fixed
- Some bug with the music was fixed
- The bug where extra windows slowed the game down was fixed (there you go, Roo)

But best of all, they also made some changes to the interface, including a goddamn retry option when failing a Challenge, louder fargin' sound effects, and the ability to make the ding-dang screen wider.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:29 am 

Seems weird that there aren't any wallpaper options. Like any same person, I would turn my WP brightness down. Failing that, I'd use an interesting wallpaper. All of the tate ones are "upside down", because I rotate my television the traditional way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 am 

So does the "invisible operator" secret turn of the incecent chatter but leave the useful voice samples such as the Hyper System Ready alert? I turned the voices off but then I lose out on the Hyper System alert.

I thought the non-stop talking was exclusive to 360 mode but even in Arcade HD they just won't shut the fuck up. How do I get the same voice set-up as the PCB?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 109  Next