MODs: If this is the wrong location for this post, please move. I'm trying to close the loop on the UVC story I've been having and wanted others to see the extend to which one has to go with some members of the arcade collecting community!
After trying to resolve this issue with the French seller privately for over 2 months, I have no choice but to give up. If the seller ever changes his mind, and work out a solution with me (at this point he's ignoring all my e-mails/PMs) I will delete this message. In the mean time, I will keep this information here for other buyers to be aware of this.
Background about me:
- eBay ID is leonki - note the feedback. Always pay super fast. Never got negative feedback in over a decade! Been in the NES gaming scene all this time, and got into Arcades only in the last year (hence the low post count here) but have purchased from others here and a lot of items on other forums.
Background on seller: (DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY):
- eBay User ID: CryingFr33m4n
- Arcade Otaku (and others) ID: CryingFreeman
- original sale thread: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21088
- July 23: CryingFreeman (Dominique) post a UVC for sale on arcadeotaku.com for 100 euro + shipping. According to the listing:
"never used because i don't have any 15khz screen"
- July 27: I used paypal GIFT to pay for UVC (total was 122 euro) shipped to Canada
- July 30: seller sends me message that items was shipped with actual cost being 23.04 euro
- Aug 20: After testing the UVC, I e-mail seller telling him it doesn't work. Seller replies a couple
hours later suggesting I visit http://www.emphatic.se/?p=139
for a troubleshooting guide.
Between Aug 20 and Aug 23, I contact multiple individuals to get help with this UVC:
- arcadecontrols.com: I speak multiple times with David Foley (old CEO of Ultracade). He was amazing at trying to get me help, even while having legal issues with Ultracade.
- neo-geo.com: UVC owner Jassin000 who makes harness cables for UVC confirmed that my wiring is correct
- shmups.system11.org: emphatic himself tries to help me
As last resort, I ship the UVC from Canada to Sweden to Emphatic for testing (same person seller suggested I contact). Shipping cost to Sweden 8$, time less than 1 week.
- Aug 27: Emphatic sends me a message saying the UVC is not working for him either.
- Aug 27: I e-mail seller telling him the issue
- Aug 28: I e-mail the seller second time
- Aug 29: I e-mail the seller third time
6 hours later, I post on arcadeotaku.com saying seller is not replying to my e-mails
- Aug 30: Seller posts on arcadeotaku and e-mails me back! But saying that he's not going to do anything for me because "he doesn't appreciate threats on forums" and item was sold "working".
- Aug 30: Another UVC is purchased from Fudoh (of hazard-city.de fame) for 100 euro including shipping.
- Sep 7: UVC arrives from Germany (shipping cost 5.50 euro) and tested out to work perfectly
I think I was super fair to the seller all along. It wasn't until I posted on a forum that he finally replied to me! I have had hundreds (if not thousands at this point) of transaction with people all over the world and never had an issue until this one.