shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:36 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: Console --> Arcade monitor adapter (AVAILABLE, see 1st p
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:05 pm 

safetyboy wrote:
antron wrote:
safetyboy wrote:
sorry I meant this http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1042689163

as this was closer to home.

I don't think a 360 can output both svideo and RGB at the same time. It would have to have a switch.

the seller misrepresented the item in the title. no RGB.

looks like all the wires are there just snipped back, Think I can solder them on, fingers crossed :)

I'm not sure but I believe the RGB lines are multi purpose. The xbox is probably outputting s-video on them. You will need to change the video select pins in the xbox end of the cable.

looks like I'm correct:
http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:xbox360av

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:23 am 

Hooked this up to my PS2 and E2, works great.....except for the brightness pot, turning it doesnt change anything in the picture.
Something I am missing here?
(V1 scart-jamma adapter.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm 

^ that pot is for monitors that cannot auto adjust to the proper input level, like yours is doing as you turn it.

Use the monitor's own brightness adjustment.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 pm 

antron wrote:
^ that pot is for monitors that cannot auto adjust to the proper input level, like yours is doing as you turn it.

Use the monitor's own brightness adjustment.

I have the same monitor in my E2, and for me the pot is needed on the adapter, so that sounds mysterious.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:01 am 

I didn't see any monitor models posted, but I assume you have confirmed they are identical (neither are replacements).

monouchi, if you turn it to an extreme position, do you lose picture? You should once it is out of your monitors range.

This will confirm the pot is working.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:15 pm 

japtor wrote:
I got mine from this seller/listing on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Official-Ge ... 0803857022

I have some weird pixel line or two of black and white stuff along the top but I'm guessing just bad luck on my part, and if not, it hasn't really bothered me since I have it cropped behind the bezel. I've had the adapter for a while and totally forgot about that thing until now.

That line (and several others) are normally hidden in the 'overscan' area of CRT's sold for consumer use i.e. television sets, and you did the right thing in using hsize to adjust it outside the viewable area :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:01 am 

antron wrote:
I didn't see any monitor models posted, but I assume you have confirmed they are identical (neither are replacements).

monouchi, if you turn it to an extreme position, do you lose picture? You should once it is out of your monitors range.

This will confirm the pot is working.

Will try this. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:52 pm 

Tim, would this adapter handle medium resolutions OK?

For xbox360 I'm currently passing an extron through it, but I'm getting a ultracade uvc.

Edit: the answer via email is no:
Quote:
The UVC is designed to connect directly between a PC (or another VGA source) and an arcade monitor. It's not compatible with my adapter

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:15 pm 

I got my Scart2Jamma last week and it works great. I'm having a problem with my the Stereo Audio coming out of my Xbox (original). When I run the audio from the output of the Scart2Jamma to my receiver, the volume is so incredibly low that I have to turn the volume all the way up and I can still barely hear it. Mono from the Jamma edge works fine, just not the Stereo output. What do I need to add to my set-up to get listenable audio?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:05 am 

Asure wrote:
japtor wrote:
I got mine from this seller/listing on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Official-Ge ... 0803857022

I have some weird pixel line or two of black and white stuff along the top but I'm guessing just bad luck on my part, and if not, it hasn't really bothered me since I have it cropped behind the bezel. I've had the adapter for a while and totally forgot about that thing until now.

That line (and several others) are normally hidden in the 'overscan' area of CRT's sold for consumer use i.e. television sets, and you did the right thing in using hsize to adjust it outside the viewable area :)

Guess I forgot to reply, but from some back and forth emails iirc it wasn't supposed to have that. I forget but it might've had that without any input whatsoever, or at least he mentioned not hearing about it from others or seeing it himself. But whatever, again easy enough to crop out and forget about (...slight annoyance with SDOJ cause it draws fine at 100% to all the edges, so if I looked for it I notice the one edge being a little off).

aoiddr wrote:
I got my Scart2Jamma last week and it works great. I'm having a problem with my the Stereo Audio coming out of my Xbox (original). When I run the audio from the output of the Scart2Jamma to my receiver, the volume is so incredibly low that I have to turn the volume all the way up and I can still barely hear it. Mono from the Jamma edge works fine, just not the Stereo output. What do I need to add to my set-up to get listenable audio?

Wild guess off the top of my head since I haven't messed with mine since installing, but perhaps the adapter is outputting headphone level while your receiver is expecting line level (for that input at least). The JAMMA edge outputs line level iirc, which would explain that one working fine.

Look for an aux input (or something meant for MP3 players/phones/etc), or see if there's setting for input level. Alternatively it could be something super basic like making sure the audio cables are fully seated, or try another cable. Otherwise there's probably headphone to line level adapters if it comes down to that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:59 pm 

japtor wrote:
Look for an aux input (or something meant for MP3 players/phones/etc), or see if there's setting for input level. Alternatively it could be something super basic like making sure the audio cables are fully seated, or try another cable. Otherwise there's probably headphone to line level adapters if it comes down to that.

Yes, it turned out that the stereo to rca cable I had was bad, so I've gone ahead and replaced it. Sound works like it should. Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:30 am 

Are there any neat all-in-one solutions for routing your cabs controls into a console or are people pretty much just forced to rely on ugly padhacks?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:11 pm 

kamiboy wrote:
Are there any neat all-in-one solutions for routing your cabs controls into a console or are people pretty much just forced to rely on ugly padhacks?

Padhack or a multiconsole pcb (depending on what system(s) your running in the cab) are the way to go. You can mount them in a an enclosure if you want something pretty. I just stick mine in a tupperware container.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:07 am 

kamiboy wrote:

MC Cthulhu http://godlikecontrols.com is pretty good, covers most of the older consoles but it does have some quirks like you can't hot-swap controllers on the AV Famicom (can crash), it doesn't seem to properly support multitaps (SFC and PCE) etc. plus it's limited to 8 wire controllers so no Amiga, C64, MegaDrive etc.

I've rack-mounted all of my consoles next to an Extron Crosspoint RGB switch, and have all of the controller ports terminating on a 24 port cat5 patch panel :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:09 pm 

so uh, i bought this back in 2014, and have been happily using it with my ps2 and new astro city since

i picked up a microsoft advanced scart cable recently and tried to connect my xbox 360 (ntsc/us), but the picture on the dashboard (and everywhere else for that matter) is very green

Spoiler: show

very few of the 360's display settings are available, and the ones that are don't help (apsect ratio and black levels)

i've tried playing with the contrast and volume pots to no avail

i've also tried using a second and third, bootleg scart cables, but they all gave me the same result; a distorted, heavily green-tinted picture.

ps2 still works fine and dandy

anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:16 pm 

check to make sure the 360 is outputting RGB instead of Component video.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 pm 

rugdoctor wrote:

That is set by the cable itself. but but screenshot says scart, so I don't think this is the problem anyway.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 pm 

i feel like i've seen some screenshots where instead of SCART it says SCART-60; does anyone know is this has any significance and/or is a PAL-only thing?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:22 am 

Sounds like a pal 50 vs 60hz thing. And either should work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:20 am 

antron wrote:
rugdoctor wrote:

That is set by the cable itself. but but screenshot says scart, so I don't think this is the problem anyway.

picture looks like it's not syncing and it might be outputting component (YUV) video instead of RGB (a green tint usually happens when an RGB monitor is fed YUV with no color conversion). (that might also explain why it's getting no sync signal) I remember a youtube video with somebody else having the same problem with this adapter (I think they fixed it, but I don't remember how).

scart can output component (YUV) video, I use component via scart all the time on my pvm's and the OSSC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:35 pm 

I recently picked up an arcade monitor and was trying to figure out a way to hook up my raspberry pi to it via rgb. I know I can get the Pi to output rgb but would this work?

The links on the first post don't seem to work for me, I wanted to check out some instructions.

Thanks!

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:43 pm 

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewto ... 14&t=54733

This is the thing you're looking for. Get in the queue and good luck! :P

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28