Might make this into an ST, but way too early for that.
Here are some system details and secrets figured out from testing & machine translation of the dev blog.
links:homepageDLsite (worldwide digital release, ~10usd)Main system
TBAShot type / Character detailsAlbert T Neider
Shot type: Wide
Shot power (range): A
Shot power (point blank): B
Lock-on without laser: B
Shot formation: four pods arc to his sides
Lock-on formation: four lock-on pods form a vertical line covering his sides
Normal shot is very spread out. Highest damage output with both shots, but the normal shot is too spread out to fully connect to a single target unless it is very large. It's hard to precisely target enemies because of his shot formation, and can be dangerous in the second loop because of suicide bullets. Low movement speed makes point blanking difficult and patterns can be harder to dodge on higher difficulties.
- Excellent damage output against bosses and large enemies
- Very good screen control because of the spread out shot combined with high damage
- Low mobility makes many bullet patterns more difficult to dodge, and it's harder to get to close range for higher value items
- It's difficult to focus the normal shot on intended targets because of how spread out it is. Makes scoring and modes with suicide bullets more difficult.
- Normal shot cannot be focused on small targets
- The lock-on pods extend to the sides a fair bit, it's easy to accidentally hit enemies and lose item valueTomour Terloz
Shot type: Straight
Shot power (range): B
Shot power (point blank): D
Lock-on without laser: C
Shot formation: two pods diagonally behind him
Lock-on formation: two pods on the sides
Shot type is straight but fairly wide. Very agile & can dodge many patterns while lock-shotting that other types cannot. Normal shot covers his side and rear very well, allowing you to get up close to weaker enemies without much risk & easily get high value items from the side. As a straight shot his shot does the best damage at long range. Even though he doesn't gain damage from point blanking the precision of his shot and the high mobility make it viable. His lock-on damage suffers a fair bit if the laser does not connect.
- High mobility allows for easier dodging and aggressive play
- Because his shot is good at range it's very effective against heavy targets and bosses
- Can dodge patterns while remaining in lock-on where other characters would need to switch to normal shot
- Shot formation covers his hitbox very well allowing aggressive play
- Lowest max damage output. Point blanking with the shot or lock-on shot does not add any significant damage
- Slowest lock-on speed
- A lot of movement is required to control the screen
- Normal shot cannot be fully focused on small targets
- Lock-on pods prioritize targets behind tomo as they are closerLily Rardz
Shot type: Medium
Shot power (range): C
Shot power (point blank): A
Lock-on without laser: B
Shot formation: a spread shot comes out from a single point in front of her
Lock-on formation: three lock-on pods spin in a circle in front of her
Character made for point blanking and empty locking. Unlike the other characters her shot and lock-on both fire from some distance to the front of her hitbox. At close range her normal shot can be focused on small targets. Unlike the other characters point blanking with her normal or lock-on shot adds very significant damage. Because of this and fast lock-on speed (?) she is the best character for making use of the empty/quick lock technique to get high value items.
She can't hit enemies close up from the side because of no shot coverage to the sides of her hitbox, making getting high value items a bit harder. It's also harder to seal bullets since her shot starts just outside of bullet seal range. Can be good for scoring but dangerous for survival.
- Normal shot and lock-on shot do high damage if point blanked. On par with Neider, maybe even above on ground targets
- Normal shot can be focused on very small targets at close range
- Fastest lock-on speed. Also, transitioning from point blank shot to lock-on is very fast.
- Normal shot and lock-on shot are the weakest of all characters at long range. As such she is ineffective against bosses and large flying type enemies unless you figure out point-blank routes.
- Normal shot does not gain much spread even at full screen length
- Neither shot type has any coverage to the sides of her hitbox or behind her.Menus, etc.Pause menu
! Using the Retry option through the pause menu will make you unable to save a replay for the following credit.Training
Can practice any stages and bosses you have reached in the main game. There is also a 'Run-through' mode where you can practice one-credit runs with custom settings.
Life, Bomb and powerup stock can be changed in the config, along with autobomb and some additional unlocks.
Additional options in the config are unlocked as you unlock difficulties or reach the second loop.
Very Hard difficulty with return bullets activated is equivalent to the second loop of Hard mode.Ranking
High score list. You can switch difficulties or view the replay menu by inputting left or right.Options
There's a separate lock-on button you can map. It makes lock-shot come out significantly faster than the normal shot
. In general you want to swap between lock-on and rapid fire instead of using 'Shot'.