shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:53 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:13 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 181
Location: East Texas
evil_ash_xero wrote:
Chris Cornell from Soundgarden died.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... 2-47480300

This is really awful. I was a big fan, back in the day.

rtw wrote:


This one really hits. Nirvana and Sonic Youth were my favorites back in the day, but Soundgarden (and Temple of the Dog) were right up there.

Fuck, man.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 2368
KennyMan666 wrote:
Roger Ailes, the former Fox News boss that was fired for sexual harassment, has croaked at 77 years of age.


Surprised it wasn't from auto-erotic asphyxiation!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 am 


User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1403
Location: Germany, Berlin
NRS wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:
Chris Cornell from Soundgarden died.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... 2-47480300

This is really awful. I was a big fan, back in the day.

rtw wrote:


This one really hits. Nirvana and Sonic Youth were my favorites back in the day, but Soundgarden (and Temple of the Dog) were right up there.

Fuck, man.

Jesus Christ. I have been with SG since 1994. What a fucking cheap way to go out - the man had three young kids. An absolutely weak way to bow out and a massive waste of life and talent.

Super Unknown is still an amazing album. I remember being the only kid in school who was listening to SG back in the early 90s when all you could hear was Nirvana.

I am pretty angry with him for doing this and I pity his kids.
_________________
More Bromances = safer people


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 1717
Location: Wigan, England.
MintyTheCat wrote:
NRS wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:
Chris Cornell from Soundgarden died.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... 2-47480300

This is really awful. I was a big fan, back in the day.

rtw wrote:


This one really hits. Nirvana and Sonic Youth were my favorites back in the day, but Soundgarden (and Temple of the Dog) were right up there.

Fuck, man.

Jesus Christ. I have been with SG since 1994. What a fucking cheap way to go out - the man had three young kids. An absolutely weak way to bow out and a massive waste of life and talent.

Super Unknown is still an amazing album. I remember being the only kid in school who was listening to SG back in the early 90s when all you could hear was Nirvana.

I am pretty angry with him for doing this and I pity his kids.


I hear you, but from experience, once your head is in that place, nothing seems that simple or straightforward any more.
You can end up convincing yourself that in the long term you're doing your loved ones a favour. It's a difficult place to get out of.
_________________
XBL: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:41 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1403
Location: Germany, Berlin
Marc wrote:
I hear you, but from experience, once your head is in that place, nothing seems that simple or straightforward any more.
You can end up convincing yourself that in the long term you're doing your loved ones a favour. It's a difficult place to get out of.

I know what you mean, Marc. They do fall inside themselves and it can be hard to convince themselves. To be honest, it just gets me that his children are so young and with him being famous and all it will be hard going for them. Really sad.

I just hope that over time, and it is getting better, society will take the conditions that lead up to suicide more seriously. In any sense it is a massive waste of life.
_________________
More Bromances = safer people


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:22 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 594
Location: Dallas, Texas
This is incredibly disappointing about Cornell. One of the first things that came to mind: with Cornell, Cobain, Staley, Weiland gone, Veder is one of the last ones left.

I agree with Marc. Having lost family and multiple friends to suicide, once people are in that place they rarely return. It's a shame they're unable to understand the immeasurable grief they leave in their wake.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 2368
rapoon wrote:
This is incredibly disappointing about Cornell. One of the first things that came to mind: with Cornell, Cobain, Staley, Weiland gone, Veder is one of the last ones left.

I agree with Marc. Having lost family and multiple friends to suicide, once people are in that place they rarely return. It's a shame they're unable to understand the immeasurable grief they leave in their wake.


From what I heard, it was the Ativan, not a sober decision.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:09 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: Guildford, UK
2006 Moto GP champion Nicky Hayden has died today aged 35, from injuries suffered last week in an accident while cycling.

One of only two men to have beaten Valentino Rossi at his peak (and arguably the only one to do it in a straight fight), all the more impressive as Honda were clearly favouring his teammate Dani Pedrosa throughout the season.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:27 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 5021
Location: Where the fish lives, WV
Mischief Maker wrote:
rapoon wrote:
This is incredibly disappointing about Cornell. One of the first things that came to mind: with Cornell, Cobain, Staley, Weiland gone, Veder is one of the last ones left.

I agree with Marc. Having lost family and multiple friends to suicide, once people are in that place they rarely return. It's a shame they're unable to understand the immeasurable grief they leave in their wake.


From what I heard, it was the Ativan, not a sober decision.


I'm glad it wasn't auto-erotic asphyxiation. It would have gone from being sad, to sad and embarrassing.
_________________
My Collection: http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/col ... Collection


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 1039
Location: Casino - London
This one is tough. Roger Moore has died aged 89.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 51516.html

A good age and my favourite Bond.
_________________
Image
http://www.1ccgames.com
XBL: durango76uk
PSN: durangodan76


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 17000
Location: Planet Dust Asia
dan76 wrote:
This one is tough. Roger Moore has died aged 89.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 51516.html

A good age and my favourite Bond.


Not my favourite Bond, but awww, sad. :(
_________________
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:56 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2014
Posts: 745
A James Bond actor just died now?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 pm 



Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 2305
Location: A star occupied by the Bydo Empire
RIP.

Image
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 9370
Location: COLONY
Good innings for Sir Roger. The maddest shagger of all Bonds, and also an underratedly cold-blooded one. Shot that evil scientist cat right in his fuckin' ballsack.

Mortificator wrote:
RIP.


Indeed. Rest well legendary screen heroes ;-;7

Image
_________________
Image
THE MIRAGE OF MIND Metal Black ST | THE MASSACRE Gun.Smoke ST [BIRU471AM]
NON FICTION


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 4942
Location: EU
Fuck. Genuinely sad news.

Moore was more than just another Bond, I watched The Saint and the Persuaders as a kid (show reruns are always somewhere on some channel but I don't watch TV anymore)
The French dubber was practically always the same and easily identifiable.
_________________
Image
Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Puyos are basically the things that you should shoot to counter nuisance puyos


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 13129
Location: Chicago
BIL wrote:
Good innings for Sir Roger. The maddest shagger of all Bonds, and also an underratedly cold-blooded one. Shot that evil scientist cat right in his fuckin' ballsack.


He definitely got some high quality tail. Grace Jones... that's one for the history books.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
New PowerPuff Girls. They all have evil pornstart eyelashes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:01 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Posts: 1307
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
That's pretty sad that Roger Moore is gone from the world. I liked him best as Bond, but he was such a different style than who came before him.
_________________
Image
http://cfmlabel.com
https://soundcloud.com/deepwarmth


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:39 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2014
Posts: 745
Gregg Allman has died at age 69. I know him for singing "I'll Be Holding On", the main theme from the Ridley Scott movie Black Rain.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:25 am 


User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2009
Posts: 725
Location: Indonesia
Manuel Noriega died
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40090143


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 1750
Location: Portugal
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27129358
Peter Sallis, who voiced Wallace from Wallace and Gromit died at 96.
_________________
If you're gonna say 'plz' because it's shorter than please, then I'm gonna say "no" because it's shorter than yes.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:28 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2014
Posts: 745
Glenne Headly.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:45 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2014
Posts: 745
Adam West has died recently at 88.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:46 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 5928
Location: UK
Adam West :(

Image
_________________
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 1750
Location: Portugal
Damn :(
He was a guest on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast two years ago, sharing some cool stories about Batman '66. I'll post the link here: https://soundcloud.com/gilbertgottfried/adam-west
_________________
If you're gonna say 'plz' because it's shorter than please, then I'm gonna say "no" because it's shorter than yes.


Last edited by soprano1 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 17000
Location: Planet Dust Asia
:(
_________________
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 4942
Location: EU
Sam Panopoulos, inventor of the Hawaiian Pizza (or troll extraordinaire) has died two days ago at 83.
_________________
Image
Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Puyos are basically the things that you should shoot to counter nuisance puyos


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:29 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 181
Location: East Texas
Image

Not happy here.

We're getting old, guys.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 5932
Location: MD
RIP Adam West. I watched Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders recently. Good stuff. His last movie as Batman. I also liked him as the Gray Ghost on Batman TAS.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 4942
Location: EU
Helmut Kohl today at 87.

EDIT: I'm not German but still he was one of the main figures of the European world for almost my entire youth (for that of many of us considering the average age of shmupsfarmers) yet another bit of the 20th century disappearing.
_________________
Image
Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Puyos are basically the things that you should shoot to counter nuisance puyos


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shmups.com Dead Pool *now accepting tragedies from 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:57 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2014
Posts: 745
The director of great classics like the first Rocky and Karate Kid movie died recently. John G. Avildsen.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group