shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:05 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 271  Next
 Post subject: Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:22 pm 

Blinge wrote:
I thought Satan was alright.

Yeah me too, then he went alt-right. :p

EDIT: in any case just posting a random thing that annoys me with evident abusive overtone (aliens nuking reference) is an evidence of not really serious.
He could have asked wtf is my problem with baby boomers, but he went full ape. I probably hit a nerve where I didn't intend to (this is a risky thread). Though the problem - beyond the disgusting and hallucinatory tirade that basically revealed his way of thinking - is that he drew those insane conslusions turned to insults from nothing. He missed on everything so I couldn't feel insulted at all, just laughing hard at his mad crap.
moving on...

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm 

Blinge wrote:
adult dungeons. Urgh

There's a fucking massive three-storey one next to my old primary school :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:23 pm 

Blinge wrote:
Also, a friend of mine who was playing OoT for the first time just admitted he's been using a walkthrough for nearly all the adult dungeons. Urgh

Things that annoy the hell out of me, the goddamn water temple lol. I swear I've played through OoT at least 15 times and I still always miss a key or something in the water temple every......time......

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:06 pm 

First time I played through OOT I didn't know about the water tunic, so I had to do everything within very strict time limits. Playing it again years later, I found out about the ability to breathe underwater and everything was much more straightforward. Even without the tunic it's not THAT hard...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:43 pm 

Wow, I wouldn't have thought the Water Temple would be at all doable without that tunic. :shock:
Only played OoT once a number of years ago (not counting my UltraRacer-64-controller run that I quit out of boredom), and the only problem I remember having with the Water Temple is that the game froze on me during the Sheik cutscene afterwards, so I had to redo half the dungeon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 pm 

BIL wrote:
Blinge wrote:
adult dungeons. Urgh

There's a fucking massive three-storey one next to my old primary school :shock:

God damnit, they let you out again??

Haha Shoryu, yeah there's that one you can only get at mid-water level, by going to bottom level and swimming up to bomb the rock. I always miss that one.

And M: Most people probably un-freeze King Zora straight after the Ice Cavern, he gives you one for free, that's why it's rare to go in without one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:21 pm 

Why is Shovel Knight having cameo appearances in every fucking indie game nowadays?
It's not even the massive success that Super Meat Boy was to warrant it being referenced everywhere.

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 pm 

I dunno, people like the game I guess.. :roll:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 pm 

Durandal wrote:
Why is Shovel Knight having cameo appearances in every fucking indie game nowadays?
It's not even the massive success that Super Meat Boy was to warrant it being referenced everywhere.

From the moment he got an amiibo I knew we would get to see a lot of him around...
As for Super Meat Boy, maybe it's the grossness factor, who knows?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:16 am 

People who make noise in offices.

Stop listening to the goddamn radio. Stop watching TV in your cubicle that doesn't block sounds at all. Stop watching "cute baby videos" on Youtube that fill the entire fucking office with the sounds of screaming and crying babies. Stop loudly gossiping in the middle of the fucking hall.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, LEARN ABOUT HEADPHONES OR TURN YOUR ENTERTAINMENT OFF, AND STOP MAKING FUCKING NOISE.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:36 am 

People calling themselves "experts" at their jobs. Expert is a word reserved for the select few, and should not be thrown around at business meetings like nothing.

The appropriate term for 99.9% of the population is "professional", which btw doesn't say anything about the person's skills, by design. Example correct usage: "Hi folks, I am a computer security professional. I can't tell the difference between a block and a stream cipher, and I'll be damned if I can write a simple buffer overflow exploit."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 am 

The macOS Disk Utility doesn't give two shits about bootcamp partitions, nor does it make any attempt to make sense of the screwy mbr/gpt hybrid that bootcamp makes.
All I wanted was a little exfat partition so I could exchange files between the two halves.

let's see what happens:
* so, Windows doesn't boot anymore
* doing the "re-mark partition as active" thing fails because it turns out that nothing actually makes an extended mbr table in an mbr/gpt hybrid setup [which obviously includes the blissfully unaware of anything Disk Utility] -- I didn't know about this bit at all when I started [and could have saved myself the trouble]
* so, I finally got a Win7 iso again [this was much trickier than it had any right to be]
* the installer doesn't respond because lol the usb controller isn't recognized and that's required for the keyboard/mouse
* retry making the usb with bootcamp assistant, have to go download the bootcamp drivers since it doesn't auto-download them myself
* it's supposed to be drag-n-drop, but they aren't loading
* spend ages looking for how to slipstream the drivers into boot.wim [which was mentioned a few times]
* okay, I've booted the Win7 installer
* and it's not recognizing the Windows partition again because again, no extended mbr and there are 5 partitions in the gpt, still didn't realize this at this point
* give up, delete the exfat partition
* go back, try to restore the win7 mbr again [and lo and behold, it works, realized the issue at this point]
* get a load of weird errors when fiddling with bootrec [/fixmbr worked, but that didn't get Windows booting yet]
* remembered to re-do the "re-mark partition as active" thing, Windows partition had a weird partition flag number and I changed that back to 7
* five hours after making that exfat partition, I'm back where I started and it finally boots again
it's 4am now

It would have been nice if Disk Utility recognized the "wholly ordinary" thing that Apple's own bootcamp setup does and told me to fuck off instead [or better yet -- actually managed it properly and worked].
In hindsight, this is actually a fair bit my fault, but I really didn't know about the mbr/gpt fuckery that bootcamp did [since I just remembered right now that Windows 7 doesn't actually boot off of gpt disks].

and this won't get fixed because Win8 onward can and will boot off of gpt disks natively [but as far as I've read, Disk Utility will still stop it from booting lol]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 am 

Pre-ordering Nier Automata today so I could pre-load it and play it the moment I got back from college but forgetting that the electricity network would be shut down today for repairs

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:37 am 

Blinge wrote:
You know, when he wasn't exploding into torrents of abuse/flaming like that at people who're far more of a natural ally than other forum members.. I thought Satan was alright.
When he wasn't pulling shit like this.

Funny how the same stuff could be said about icycalm :3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 am 

Xyga wrote:
Blinge wrote:
I thought Satan was alright.

Yeah me too, then he went alt-right. :p

Ah yes it's the "everything i don't like is alt right XD" because you actually have the political knowledge and understanding of a hippies sandal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 am 

Goodnight sweet prince (of darkness)

Flights of arremers sing thee to thy rest.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:10 am 

So many members in this community so butthurt it's not their exclusive trashcan paradise club of the right whatever colors they claim or deny to be.
Keep fuming and call me whatever from your imagination Cee dear, you're just as hilariously wrong and comical as Satan was, and see if I care. :wink:

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm 

Blinge wrote:
Haha Shoryu, yeah there's that one you can only get at mid-water level, by going to bottom level and swimming up to bomb the rock. I always miss that one.

It's been a few years since I last played it, but that sounds about right. The water temple isn't really hard or anything....just a bit tedious. The last time I played it was on the 3DS remake. Thankfully they changed a few items like the iron boots to be equippable on the face buttons, which made it 10x more streamlined.

Overall I really enjoyed the 3DS versions of OoT & MM, having the map and a few inventory things on the lower screen works really great. I really wish BotW had this feature on the wii-u when playing with the tablet gamepad.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:12 pm 

I heard they made the bosses more 'linear' in MM, meaning you could fight them in less ways?

Also I don't like what I read about Zora's fast swim using magic power in the 3DS version. Doesn't that make the beaver race a lot harder?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm 

Playing MM on the 3DS was my first time seriously playing it, so I'm not really sure what all they changed (my cousin had it on the 64 when we were kids, but the time travel aspect went over our heads). I know the bank guy in the main town is moved, and I saw something about freezing the water to make platforms being changed. Used to be you could freely freeze the water, now specific areas have a shimmer to them where you can freeze it. Also there is a notebook you keep that has events and timelines on it, I don't think that was in the original either.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:18 pm 

The notebook was in the original yes, and a huge part of the overworld stuff, which was a really interesting concept I think.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:15 pm 

Took him long enough, Christ. He probably registered just so he can sling that at someone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:57 pm 

People still failing to understand why akai katana is fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 pm 

Jonst wrote:

I see copies of Akai Katana on the bargain games shelves at stores and it makes me sad. I want to buy them and give them away.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:18 pm 

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Jonst wrote:

I see copies of Akai Katana on the bargain games shelves at stores and it makes me sad. I want to buy them and give them away.

send me one, I could use a cup coaster

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:40 pm 

Bananamatic wrote:
BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Jonst wrote:

send me one, I could use a cup coaster

WTF

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:51 am 

Bananamatic wrote:
send me one, I could use a cock ring

fixed

Although if shooting giant katanas at military vehicles summoned out of portals by giant samurai doesn't give you a RAGING SHMUPBONER, then nothing probably will.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:22 am 

Jonst wrote:

Is that a reference to a post in that inane Facebook group?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 am 

Possibly. It just pisses me off (and comparing it with daifukkatsu). People still making out the scoring is the most complex thing they've ever come across. It's fucking ridiculous.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:06 am 

The problem is that Akai Katana just really isn't fun to play :P I wish it were, don't get me wrong.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 271  Next