shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:53 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:23 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 881
Location: AZ, US
Nice increase over his old score, too. Interesting that he got it on the 360 port; I guess that means that the JHA won't recognize it?
_________________
CloudyMusic | twitch | twitter | youtube | restart syndrome


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:30 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 2728
Location: laser fantasy
NTSC-J, do you have any more information on the Daioh exploit? Did they really only find it in the Japanese setting?
_________________
In 1989,The Great Wall was discoverd
In 1990,The Picket Fence was also discoverd


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 388
Location: TRIESTE ( ITALY )
Despatche wrote:
NTSC-J, do you have any more information on the Daioh exploit? Did they really only find it in the Japanese setting?


Image

Last score with old pattern: 22.097.500. Then, the discover of the infinite pattern with 1up and the game was banned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAnnRsPU0Xc

The top score in US version is 25.400.610 january 2014 by ACU-AZUKI-ZER.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 2728
Location: laser fantasy
Well, they could have easily banned that, seeing as everyone was no missing anyway...

I guess it's just not in the US mode, then. Weird.
_________________
In 1989,The Great Wall was discoverd
In 1990,The Picket Fence was also discoverd


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:53 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 7090
Location: San Jose, California, USA
It's probably just easier in the US version because you can use weapons/bombs as you'd like in order to get the damage just right. Sad bug to exist, but no reason people can't just do no-miss play still.
_________________
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
<Shepardus> whoever reached the fourth loop in zing zing zip is the modern day sisyphus


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:21 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2319
Location: Tokyo
JHA scores for July.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:53 am 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 35
Can't believe people are score attacking Undercover Cops in 2016 the year of our Lord
_________________
I forgot my password


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 388
Location: TRIESTE ( ITALY )
Change scores / revision for Varth:

Apology and correction NEW!

スコア取り下げ

『VARTH』 (AUTOFIRE)
 申請プレイヤーの方から「申請時の基板設定が、工場出荷設定ではなかった」という連絡がありました。調査の結果、当該スコアの取り下げ申請を受理いたします。
 つきましては、現時点での最終スコアは以下となります。

バース AUTOFIRE 10,754,400 ROBOCOP GAME CENTER: ホワイトハウス箱崎店(福岡) アルカディア(ムック)Vol.001(1999/09/19締切分)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:09 am 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 388
Location: TRIESTE ( ITALY )
Despatche wrote:
Well, they could have easily banned that, seeing as everyone was no missing anyway...

I guess it's just not in the US mode, then. Weird.


US score is my personal note. Isn't a score in the japanese database because US version not exist officially in Japan.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:11 am 



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 3722
Location: moscow/russia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obO9c9jx06A
IZA has bumped his RF2 score to 115 million.
_________________
Image
Matskat wrote:
This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 2636
when are you going to fix the jaimers sdoj score


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:03 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2014
Posts: 2239
Location: Singin' in the rain of extends
Maybe when someone garners the courage to beat Ratikal's A-EX score.
_________________
NTSC-J wrote:
You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:56 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2319
Location: Tokyo
Bananamatic wrote:
when are you going to fix the jaimers sdoj score

Is that the ALL-EX that's supposed to be an ALL?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 2636
yes


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:28 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2319
Location: Tokyo
Could be a while.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:27 pm 



Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 591
Let's track community members with world records plz. Yes, this is a selfish request and brag post at the same time lol.
_________________
1CC List with videos | Scores on RestartSyndrome.com


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 881
Location: AZ, US
A couple small corrections:

Deathsmiles, Follett (no Canyon): iconoclast - 332,796,968 (X360)
(the existing score is a non-forum score)

Deathsmiles MBL, Follett: powersoul - 3,642,141,758 - ALL (X360)
(this score was lost in the old combined table)
_________________
CloudyMusic | twitch | twitter | youtube | restart syndrome


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2319
Location: Tokyo
Updated.

pegboy wrote:
Let's track community members with world records plz. Yes, this is a selfish request and brag post at the same time lol.

I've thought about this but I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it. Should these scores use a different color or should there be a table in the appendix?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:23 am 



Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 591
I was just thinking a similar table like there is for the community records. You could also use a special color for the score (maybe green?)
_________________
1CC List with videos | Scores on RestartSyndrome.com


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:45 am 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 35
pegboy wrote:
I was just thinking a similar table like there is for the community records. You could also use a special color for the score (maybe green?)

So when is the next one? I have some ideas for games with realtively low WRs.
_________________
I forgot my password


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:17 am 



Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 591
Ako wrote:
pegboy wrote:
I was just thinking a similar table like there is for the community records. You could also use a special color for the score (maybe green?)

So when is the next one? I have some ideas for games with realtively low WRs.


Good question. What games do you have in mind that have an achievable WR? The biggest issue is just figuring out where all of the points are hidden in a lot of these games. Takes forever since there is basically no info out there.
_________________
1CC List with videos | Scores on RestartSyndrome.com


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:33 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2319
Location: Tokyo
The WR's for both the New and Old versions of Turbo Force end somewhere in the third loop, so unless there's a bug like in Dogyuun, they seem technically beatable.

Like you say, it's hard to know what scores could be improved because there's so little information out there. It's going to take some brave souls save-stating through some games to figure out where a few more points can be squeezed out.

pegboy wrote:
I was just thinking a similar table like there is for the community records. You could also use a special color for the score (maybe green?)

Do we need a table for most WRs on the forum? Maybe someday (hopefully) we'll be able to fill out a top 10, but there are only a handful at the moment. What about a Hall of Fame?

Also, I can't decide on a good community WR color, but here's the list to choose from.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:55 am 


User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 1071
Location: Germany
NTSC-J wrote:
The WR's for both the New and Old versions of Turbo Force end somewhere in the third loop, so unless there's a bug like in Dogyuun, they seem technically beatable.

Technically, maybe. The problem is that the rank system goes completely nuts after a while, clearing just the first loop will probably require some carefully planned deaths along the way, I don't even want to think about the second loop. I doubt that's one of the "easier" WRs to go after. It's not possible to beat the Insector-X WR since that's the maximum score you can get out of the game, but it shouldn't take too much effort to get that exact amount.

One other problem with determining WRs in our community are titles such as Raiden, Tiger-Heli, Mazinger Z or Thunder Blaster. BOS and edusword counterstopped Mazinger Z so unless you want to keep track of how much more points they would've gotten after that point you have to acknowledge they got a "WR". For all we know, saucykobold might hold the WRs for Raiden, Raiden II and Raiden DX since his scores are all above 10m. ben.shinobi and Max_FAD cleared some 40 loops to max out their scores in Tiger-Heli etc. You really can't deny any of those scores the "WR status" I'd say.
_________________
Image
Path to Ascendancy (1CCs) | Götzendämmerung (YT)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:36 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2319
Location: Tokyo
Perikles wrote:
NTSC-J wrote:
The WR's for both the New and Old versions of Turbo Force end somewhere in the third loop, so unless there's a bug like in Dogyuun, they seem technically beatable.

Technically, maybe. The problem is that the rank system goes completely nuts after a while, clearing just the first loop will probably require some carefully planned deaths along the way, I don't even want to think about the second loop. I doubt that's one of the "easier" WRs to go after.

I figured there must be a reason why it wasn't ALL'd or counterstopped.

It's rare to find a Japanese record that isn't a clear, but part of the reason is Gamest/Arcadia/JHA put ALLs over scores. Usually that isn't a problem at this level, but I imagine we've missed a number of scores higher than the WRs because they couldn't get the clear.

Quote:
One other problem with determining WRs in our community are titles such as Raiden, Tiger-Heli, Mazinger Z or Thunder Blaster. BOS and edusword counterstopped Mazinger Z so unless you want to keep track of how much more points they would've gotten after that point you have to acknowledge they got a "WR". For all we know, saucykobold might hold the WRs for Raiden, Raiden II and Raiden DX since his scores are all above 10m. ben.shinobi and Max_FAD cleared some 40 loops to max out their scores in Tiger-Heli etc. You really can't deny any of those scores the "WR status" I'd say.

There are also six players who counterstopped Mars Matrix (what was Takumi smoking?).

As far as listing WR holders for counterstops, as you and I discussed, earliest-to-get-it is one method as is highest chain or EXP, etc. for the tie-breaker. If we go with a Most WRs table, counting counterstops would be one way to give these players credit if they didn't otherwise get their scores listed in the overall listings.

Incidentally, I've always wanted to do a Most WRs that included Japanese players, but a lot of these goofballs use various nicknames (or modified names like SOF-WTN@COKE TOKE OR POKE NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE) that make it hard to tell if it's the same guy.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:16 am 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 388
Location: TRIESTE ( ITALY )
Probably a not impossible top japan score beatable is:

BLACK HEART without autofire (2.447.900); maybe Cotton, Dragon Saber, Master of Weapon, Sand Scorpion, maybe Twin Eagle


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:36 am 


User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 1071
Location: Germany
Gemant wrote:
Probably a not impossible top japan score beatable is: [...] maybe Cotton

Do you happen to know how to achieve such high scores in Cotton? It can't be just picking up coloured crystals, there must be some technique/trick that boosts your score by well over a million points.
_________________
Image
Path to Ascendancy (1CCs) | Götzendämmerung (YT)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:39 am 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 35
Turbo Force becomes quite impossible with homing missiles and huge hitboxes.
_________________
I forgot my password


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:04 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 388
Location: TRIESTE ( ITALY )
Perikles wrote:
Gemant wrote:
Probably a not impossible top japan score beatable is: [...] maybe Cotton

Do you happen to know how to achieve such high scores in Cotton? It can't be just picking up coloured crystals, there must be some technique/trick that boosts your score by well over a million points.


In this moment not, maybe I can try a search and found informations. However IMO, there is a real chance to beat a WR only in the games where the top score is very old. I doubt is possible win in Turbo Force because the score is recent.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:02 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Posts: 1543
Location: Massachusetts
NTSC-J wrote:
Incidentally, I've always wanted to do a Most WRs that included Japanese players, but a lot of these goofballs use various nicknames (or modified names like SOF-WTN@COKE TOKE OR POKE NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE) that make it hard to tell if it's the same guy.


I've been using the Arcadia/Gamest history google doc to track scores from a few players. Do these guys ever use completely different names? There are scores from 9wp-ISO and Yusemi (with some other tags instead of SWY), but in that case I just look at the game center. How many WR holders at Daytona 3 are calling themselves ISO? How many Yusemis could there be at Goody 21?

Either way, ISO > all.
_________________
Image
Youtube | Twitch & Scores


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The STG Hall of Records
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:53 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 7090
Location: San Jose, California, USA
Gemant wrote:
BLACK HEART without autofire (2.447.900)

Black Heart is horrendously hard even with autofire in the first loop, many very dangerous enemies have extremely high amounts of HP, and you don't have a get-out-of-jail-free bomb. I imagine without autofire is a great way to break your hand.

Gemant wrote:
Master of Weapon, Sand Scorpion

I would not be surprised if these haven't been remotely pushed as far as they could be.
_________________
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
<Shepardus> whoever reached the fourth loop in zing zing zip is the modern day sisyphus


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Emuser, seraph and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group