shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: You really need to play Mecha Ritz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:48 am 

Loving this game (Steel Rondo version) so far, it completely nails the aesthetic and sound. Haven't cleared it yet though, got what I *think* was the final form of the last boss to a sliver of health before I died on my best run so far.

Very inspiring game as well since it does a lot with pretty simple graphics almost no ship animation.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:03 am 

Is it possible to get the TATE aspect?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am 

wgogh wrote:
Is it possible to get the TATE aspect?

I didn't find a tate option in game, but I just oriented my windows resolution in tate mode and then the game scaled correctly giving you a tate screen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:48 pm 

It's not much, but here's my current high score (after 3 tries)

My highest rank is 34

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:18 am 

Just bought and 1cc'ed it with the Red ship.

Is there no autofire key for this game?

Spoiler: show
Also, is the exploding teddy bear always the final boss, or do you get a TLB if you kill it at high enough rank?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:04 am 

No autofire key unfortunately. The TLB requires that you don't run out of time on the timer in the status bar. To some extent this entails raising rank since getting time bonuses from killing midbosses and bosses quickly, in addition to giving points, also increases the amount of extra time you get at the end of the stage and raises rank. Your shot power is also tied to rank, in the original Mecha Ritz it was a direct correlation but it seems to work a little differently in Steel Rondo and has other factors involved as well. Same with the scrolling speed of the game.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am 

I really hate playing with any other ships but the first two. I just can't figure out how to deal the most damage possible to bosses within the bonus time limit without Ship 1 and 2.

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 am 

Zaarock wrote:
Shepardus wrote:
Zaarock wrote:
Amplification might just be the thousands digit of Time at the end screen. But the time bonus formula is hidden so how it's determined is still not shown. I haven't been able to raise time to 2000 from starting rank 0 but if you don't get hit too much it should be doable.

yakamino says it's total rank / total time * 1.66, with the decimal truncated.

He also said this is an unintended bug only in version 1.51 (unpatched physical release). Without it milking the last boss is worth more points than increasing rank or clearing quickly, which I hope isnt as broken as it sounds. I saw ozouni stream the steam version and he seems pretty good at it, got 15mil with type-01.

So, the multiplier not in the Steam release at all (or the patched physical release)? It seems Ikazu didn't get anything despite being well over what he'd need in rank and well under in time.

Ikazu-san wrote:
Steel Rondo cleared in 16:24
It's pretty imperfect. I'm sure sub 16 minutes is possible but is too much for silver shitter like me.
Power of 480p60!
Edit: Apparently fraps messed up everything in stage 3 and onwards. Time to record it again.
Edit 2: Replaced video with proper one.

It's a very odd thing to be a bug - how would that happen at all if not programmed in?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:55 pm 

http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1467916813584.webm
Them I-frames are getting out of hand. Funny thing is, right after that incident, everything started to behave perfectly and without a hitch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:29 am 

Got this on steam over the weekend, been playing it a bunch. The fact that one person did all the programming/art/music for this amazes me. i think its a masterpiece in both programming and music, and the art has enough detail in it that the "lo-fi"-ness feels like a valid aesthetic choice, not a darling-indie-precious gimmick. The bullet patterns never get too pretty for their own good either; they're always really fun to dodge through.

I didn't see a strategy thread (?)... curious what ships everyone likes. I think my first clear was on 02, but i've really enjoyed playing 01 and 04 too. My favorite though, by far, is 05... first time I've ever really enjoyed a grazing mechanic, and it seems like the most powerful ship to me so far? 06 had a really unique style too--the way you have to alternate tapping/holding, using the tapshot for most kills, but then clearing a lateral "escape path" with the held shot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:26 pm 

Quick note. Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo and its soundtrack are currently on sale with 10% off on Playism. If you buy it there, it includes a DRM-free copy and a Steam key as well.

Store link: http://bit.ly/MechaRitzPlayism

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:59 pm 

Question about the freeware version: can anyone actually access the download link? It seems to be redirecting endlessly on itself for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:00 pm 

NuclearPotato wrote:
Question about the freeware version: can anyone actually access the download link? It seems to be redirecting endlessly on itself for me.

It's not just Mecha Ritz. http://www.freem.ne.jp appears to be down.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:04 am 

Downloaded Steel Rondo last night. Initial thoughts: it's like an amalgam of the criminally underrated Yalkina Shoot and recent Jeff Minter STGs. Maybe with a bit of DDPDFBL's 'push rank for firepower' gimmick too. It's great, though a bit mechanically overwhelming initially. Can you set starting rank on this version?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:29 am 

MX7 wrote:
Can you set starting rank on this version?

Yeah, you can set it on both versions. You just need to unlock the ranks to start there first.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 pm 

Found it! What starting rank are people using? Currently on 200. Awesome game but takes getting used to clearing it every time...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:37 am 

Questions about this game after my steam purchase:

1) first time playing (red ship), I made it to the little girl and her many different forms (kicking all of their asses). Is this the TLB? Amazing that I 1CC'd on my very first try!

2) Second time I played the yellow ship and had some differences: I could choose 1 stage after the first; the rest played out normally. Are there other stage paths, and how do I trigger them? Is it dependent on ship selection?

3) I killed the teddy bear as the yellow ship, but it killed me after its death (I still had lives in stock). It said I had the "and mankind killed by a teddybear" ending and all that - is this intentional or did I fuck up?

4) Does speed-killing up rank, and is rank tied to firepower? It's not immediately clear to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:01 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
1) first time playing (red ship), I made it to the little girl and her many different forms (kicking all of their asses). Is this the TLB? Amazing that I 1CC'd on my very first try!

Yes, that is the TLB. As long as the timer in the bottom-right doesn't hit 0 before the final stage, you'll get the TLB.

EmperorIng wrote:
2) Second time I played the yellow ship and had some differences: I could choose 1 stage after the first; the rest played out normally. Are there other stage paths, and how do I trigger them? Is it dependent on ship selection?

There's a stage choice for stages 2-5. You might have to unlock the branches, I don't remember. There's a number of unlockables in the game, from starting rank to ship choices to bullet colors and more, and they're all unlocked simply by playing the game a bunch. Things unlock quickly at the beginning but it slows down later. I've heard but haven't verified that it's dependent on how many games you've started regardless of how far you get in each of them. Speaking of ship selection, there's an alternate variation of each of the six ships you see in the ship selection screen - I missed that for a while since there's no indication when you've unlocked the alternate types, you just become able to scroll past the first six ships or up/down.

EmperorIng wrote:
3) I killed the teddy bear as the yellow ship, but it killed me after its death (I still had lives in stock). It said I had the "and mankind killed by a teddybear" ending and all that - is this intentional or did I fuck up?

I think that's just the non-TLB ending. Never got that ending myself, though, except on my first playthrough of the freeware version which wasn't translated.

EmperorIng wrote:
4) Does speed-killing up rank, and is rank tied to firepower? It's not immediately clear to me.

Getting the time bonuses on bosses and minibosses increases rank, but I don't think speed-kills increase rank otherwise. In the original freeware version of the game, rank was directly tied to firepower - the higher your rank, the greater your firepower. In Steel Rondo, rank still affects firepower but there are other factors at play and I'm unclear on exactly how it works.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:06 am 

A blind 1cc is not uncommon. The games difficulty is designed to always string you along, adapting to your level of game knowledge and skill. Seeing the game go nuts as you push it harder is the most visceral reward for mastery.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:08 pm 

Thanks for all the info. I still can't help that something went wrong during the teddy bear boss, considering I still had a life in my stock when I died (after depleting its health).

I hope some of the unlockables are fairly obvious in terms of how-to. It's a very well-made game (much more so than Gekidan Machina), with a nice buffet (cafe?) of minibosses and bullet patterns. The deleting bullets is a nice concession towards players of lesser skill (like me I guess!). My rank got as high as 200, but a string of deaths towards the end of the game kept it in the 30-70 range.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:57 am 

Folks -- I've just bought Steel Rondo, got my ass kicked by the new & ridiculous levels, and thus decided to adapt my previous "ranklock" hack for the freeware version to this as well. Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8BWq ... E9UTFp5Tms

This'll let you set limits on lower and upper ranks. Or set min = max to lock the rank to the given value, and practice higher ranks. No fancy GUI, but please make do :)

BTW. This program will create a copy of your mecha ritz binary (called "exe.exe"), patch this new copy, and run it automatically. In other words, original executable remains intact.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:02 pm 

Thank you for your incredible work Kane ^_^

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:13 am 

Just bought this game and The ost on Steam.

Played 2 credits and cleared it twice, but faced the Teddy bear on both occasions.

Used the green and yellow ship. Good game.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7