shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:09 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: You really need to play Mecha Ritz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:37 pm 

Just checked again, and the game is now listed in my library alongside the rest; downloaded the installer and everything ran fine. Thanks for looking into it for me, and I hope the game does well for you! :)

PS - If you update the game at some point a "rapid fire" button would be great!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:13 pm 

Still no Playism release. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:30 pm 

Quote:
We're estimating sometime next week.

Dunno how in USA, but closer to Japan it's still sunday, right...

edit:

Oops, my bad.

Last edited by qmish on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:38 pm 

It's Sunday in the US, Monday morning (like 3:30 AM) in Japan. So the workweek hasn't really started yet but will in a couple hours.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 pm 

In the config menu, the (windowed) screen size goes 1x, 2x, 1x, 1x. The last two seem to work fine (3x/4x) but they display as 1x in the drop down.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:16 am 

Glad to hear that it's been resolved! And thank you for your kind words :) I'll let the developer know about a "rapid fire" button, though I can't speak for him.

BulletMagnet wrote:
Just checked again, and the game is now listed in my library alongside the rest; downloaded the installer and everything ran fine. Thanks for looking into it for me, and I hope the game does well for you! :)

PS - If you update the game at some point a "rapid fire" button would be great!

Thank you for posting this, I'll let the team know immediately.

CStarFlare wrote:
In the config menu, the (windowed) screen size goes 1x, 2x, 1x, 1x. The last two seem to work fine (3x/4x) but they display as 1x in the drop down.

In regards to to releasing on Playism, we understand that people are really excited and can't wait to play it via Playism but please try to be patient. I will post it here once I know when it has been released.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:10 am 

Also annoying - my high score seems to have disappeared over night. Last night I put an 8 million score on the scoreboard, which was gone when I booted the game this morning. I'm not sure if it's a matter of me closing the game before it saved, but if it was displayed on the high score table I imagine it should have been saved at that point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:22 am 

Love this game, certainly one of my favourite SHMUPs of all time. Somehow HEY managed to improve the original even further. Is it still possible to do the shot trick with the second ship?

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:40 am 

Playism release is out, also has 10% discount.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 am 

Has anyone figured out what causes the end bonus to double your score? It's neither no-miss or all time bonuses, just did a couple runs to test the latter. Feels silly going for score when missing half of it. BTW looks like you can raise rank by 100 in the first stage alone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:21 am 

Just reporting in that I'm having the same issue with the KeyConfig utility not saving remapped movement key inputs.

At the moment a workaround is editing the config.ini file manually. If you scroll down to the second column beneath [KEYCONFIG] you can manually change the inputs to up, down, left, and right (DIRU, DIRD, DIRL, and DIRR respectively) to the code representing the keys you want to use provided you can figure it out with some experimentation. The author was even nice enough to comment out in the third column directly below it the corresponding code for WSAD in particular.

Hope this gets fixed eventually, I really respect the original game for being among the very few games in the doujin scene to have proper keyboard support.

One other small point that might be nice to address is that the way gamepad movement inputs are read means you can't map anything else to arrow keys. It would be nice to play this game on a laptop for instance (without a numpad) using arrow keys as shot inputs, but if you try to map arrows to anything you'll end up with double inputs and both moving and shooting at the same time from a single press for example.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:55 am 

Zaarock wrote:
Has anyone figured out what causes the end bonus to double your score? It's neither no-miss or all time bonuses, just did a couple runs to test the latter. Feels silly going for score when missing half of it. BTW looks like you can raise rank by 100 in the first stage alone.

I wonder if it's due to time - there are two high-level ship 05 replays on youtube, and one actually triples at the end. It happens after Clear Time and Total Rank pop up on the ending screen. The triple has a slightly higher total rank, but the time is almost four minutes faster.

Triple: https://youtu.be/rSG2oLvKaLM?t=20m45s
Double: https://youtu.be/E9Y8VHJFXiM?t=24m39s

The player is Japanese but the videos are really recent so he's probably still active on youtube. No idea if he speaks English, but it might be worth trying to ask him in the comments.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:24 pm 

Zaarock wrote:

From the readme:
"No Miss Bonus - A massive bonus awarded for clearing the game without losing a life"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:45 pm 

No, look at the vids. that guy lost like 4 lives on TLB and he still got his double score.
Magnification bonus is still inside the game. We just don't know exact numbers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:03 pm 

Huh, your right.

Maybe it's something really stupid like magnification only occurs with certain ships or if you select a high starting rank.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:45 am 

CStarFlare wrote:
Also annoying - my high score seems to have disappeared over night. Last night I put an 8 million score on the scoreboard, which was gone when I booted the game this morning. I'm not sure if it's a matter of me closing the game before it saved, but if it was displayed on the high score table I imagine it should have been saved at that point.

I just played my first credit, and while it saved at first, it disappeared later. My initial suspicion is that it has something to do with UAC and read/write privileges to the install directory, since my score disappeared right after I tried launching the config utility without choosing to run as an administrator (this, by the way, causes the settings to not be saved). I'm playing the Playism version (might be relevant since the Steam version would have a different default install directory) on Windows 7.

Edit: I found my lost score file and replay in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo, so it's almost certainly due to UAC shenanigans.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:36 am 

CStarFlare wrote:
I wonder if it's due to time - there are two high-level ship 05 replays on youtube, and one actually triples at the end. It happens after Clear Time and Total Rank pop up on the ending screen. The triple has a slightly higher total rank, but the time is almost four minutes faster.

Triple: https://youtu.be/rSG2oLvKaLM?t=20m45s
Double: https://youtu.be/E9Y8VHJFXiM?t=24m39s

The player is Japanese but the videos are really recent so he's probably still active on youtube. No idea if he speaks English, but it might be worth trying to ask him in the comments.

Maybe this is already known, but it doesn't seem to be time (at least not on its own). I got a run with a lower time than the Doubled score video above and didn't get any sort of bonus. Of course, my rank was something like 40% of his - maybe a combination of factors?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:35 am 

In the original game the amplification factor is (Max Rank * 10) / (Total time in seconds / 10). It's probably something similar but with Total Rank (which I think is the sum of the rank values at the end of each stage) rather than Max Rank since Steel Rondo reports Total Rank rather than Max Rank.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:14 am 

Amplification might just be the thousands digit of Time at the end screen. But the time bonus formula is hidden so how it's determined is still not shown. I haven't been able to raise time to 2000 from starting rank 0 but if you don't get hit too much it should be doable.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:13 pm 

Thousands on timer makes sense. Also makes sense why the videos select the A routes, since they're shorter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:47 pm 

Zaarock wrote:
But the time bonus formula is hidden so how it's determined is still not shown.

In the original game it's 250 + 10 * (# of time bonuses) added each stage, and so far I've seen the same in Steel Rondo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:51 am 

We're looking into the matter, and do let us know if it does happen again.

CStarFlare wrote:

We've received reports similarly and working on a fix.

MathU wrote:
Just reporting in that I'm having the same issue with the KeyConfig utility not saving remapped movement key inputs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:26 am 

Also, though the Playism release has already been mentioned. I wanted to quickly mention that the 10% discount will only last till next Tuesday, June 21st.

Playism store page - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzPlayism
Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo $6.99 ($6.29 with 10% off)
Original soundtrack $4.99 ($4.49 with 10% off)

As for the Steam soundtrack bundle, the 25% discount will expire on Friday, June 17th at 15:00 PST. Afterwards it'll revert to a 15% discount.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:27 pm 

It seems that your CBP Training score gets recorded alongside Standard mode scores on the rankings table if you exit by killing yourself via holding Shot + Bomb + Skip.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:54 pm 

Zaarock wrote:
Amplification might just be the thousands digit of Time at the end screen. But the time bonus formula is hidden so how it's determined is still not shown. I haven't been able to raise time to 2000 from starting rank 0 but if you don't get hit too much it should be doable.

yakamino says it's total rank / total time * 1.66, with the decimal truncated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 pm 

So on course 4A, is there a reason the bomb invincibility stops being a thing? I thought I was taking a lot of hits I shouldn't, and suddenly I died with a bomb on screen. Seems like a bug, and may or my not be starting midway through the stage - will have to test later, but wanted to ask if anyone else experiences this.

EDIT: Played again and this didn't happen. I do think I was happening back when I first started playing, before 4B was unlocked - it's been a week since I went to 4A though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:57 am 

Shepardus wrote:
Zaarock wrote:

yakamino says it's total rank / total time * 1.66, with the decimal truncated.

He also said this is an unintended bug only in version 1.51 (unpatched physical release). Without it milking the last boss is worth more points than increasing rank or clearing quickly, which I hope isnt as broken as it sounds. I saw ozouni stream the steam version and he seems pretty good at it, got 15mil with type-01.

With some of the ships your invulnerability after bombing is on a timer rather than depending on the bomb being on screen, not sure about type 1

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:05 pm 

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for making me aware of this game's existence! To me, it plays like a fusion of Recca and Battle Garegga, and I absolutely love it. Definitely recommended!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:08 am 

Tryed this one just now, got a lot of those disappearing bullets. Not a good sign, right? But I can get better. 772.330 in my first try, so I'll wait until a got a decent score for the highscore thread

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:39 am 

Disappearing bullets is dependent on rank. In the original Mecha Ritz it happened when rank was below 50; I'm not sure what the values are for Steel Rondo.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next