shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: You really need to play Mecha Ritz
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:37 am 

MathU wrote:
JohnsonHanaji wrote:
Will it be DRM-free?
We plan on distributing Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo on the Humble store and Playism, both of which will include a DRM-free download in addition with a Steam key.

Excellent news. I'd really like to thank you guys for standing right on this because lately there has been a very disturbing trend in the PC shmup industry that I really don't want to see spread.

MathU I don't think I've ever seen you post without complaining about DRM

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:38 am 

Ah, I figured you thought it was something Hanaji Games were adding when taking on this project. The Hanaji team didn't develop the game though, hence why I misunderstood; the author is HEY, a single person unrelated to Hanaji Games. Hanaji is helping to publish.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:21 am 

Strikers1945guy wrote:
MathU I don't think I've ever seen you post without complaining about DRM

I used to post about slightly more diverse shmupping subjects but then one of my few remaining DRM-free joys in PC gaming came under attack and I got fed up and decided I wasn't going to sit quietly and just let it happen anymore.

Plus there just haven't been a lot of threads about the games or subject I'm really knowledgeable about or interested in around here lately.

Drake wrote:
Ah, I figured you thought it was something Hanaji Games were adding when taking on this project. The Hanaji team didn't develop the game though, hence why I misunderstood; the author is HEY, a single person unrelated to Hanaji Games. Hanaji is helping to publish.

Ah well, I was a little confused on if the publisher included the developer or not. Thanks for publishing this digitally without DRM, Hanaji Games!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:28 am 

I think forced DRM would really help with reducing piracy tbh
We need to keep this genre alive

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:11 am 

Bananamatic wrote:
I think forced DRM would really help with reducing piracy tbh
We need to keep this genre alive

Exactly. This is what turned me off to FOSS and giving out source code. Everyone is much better off in a closed system with technologies like DRM playing the fair business arbitrator.

http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:27 am 

I know you two are just shitposting but it's really not cool to do that when a Japanese developer might be watching. They have a tendency to be more ignorant and misinformed about this stuff than others sadly. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:38 am 

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:57 am 

Thank you for all for understanding and your compliments thus far! And though we [Hanaji Games] are publishing, not developing, Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo, I do share the comments with HEY, the developer, when he's free as he enjoys reading that his work and his game are very much appreciated.

And we really do appreciate all the support, especially the community who enjoyed the original Mecha Ritz and even ordered a physical CD of Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo from Japan. It's also a part of the reason why we strive for a DRM-free version to be available, especially since we might've not even made it through Steam Greenlight without your support.

With that said, there's a personal point I want to make. For the small, independent game developers or doujin circles in Japan that I've interacted with so far. They've always made games that they wanted to make, and not because somebody else told them. And for a lot of these creators, this is a personal hobby outside of their full-time job, so time to make a game is precious. And so while there's concerns and effort within the industry regarding piracy, DRM, and etc, sometimes these creators don't care because it takes times away from what's most important to them, which is making interesting, fun games for people to play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:20 pm 

So for those of you that have played Steel Rondo now, can you comment on whether or not anything has been done about the rhythmic shot press and release required for maximum damage output for a number of the ships (by combining fast movement and focused shot attacks at once)? It is especially bad for Fighter 01 in the original. I kind of hope that exploit has been removed or made no so tedious or hand-straining to accomplish.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:39 am 

MathU wrote:
So for those of you that have played Steel Rondo now, can you comment on whether or not anything has been done about the rhythmic shot press and release required for maximum damage output for a number of the ships (by combining fast movement and focused shot attacks at once)? It is especially bad for Fighter 01 in the original. I kind of hope that exploit has been removed or made no so tedious or hand-straining to accomplish.

I've only messed with the first 6 ships but yea it's pretty much gone. The only ship of those that seems like it may benefit from it is fighter 2, but for the others you have to hold down the shot much longer for the focus attack to come out. There are some really unique ships in this one, I'm kind of curious in how you optimize damage with ship 4's hold lasers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:33 am 

Hello everybody! Quick update on the Steam, Humble store, and Playism release of Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo. We unfortunately had an unforeseen technical issue that prevented us from releasing it last week and with that said, now that it has been solved, it is currently being processed so you can expect a release sometime next week!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 am 

AWWWW YEEEEAAAAAH

The delay isn't important, thank you so much for bringing this over to us.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:01 pm 

I'm already ready to buy two\three copies to gift to my friends, I'm SO HYPED for this

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:21 pm 

Release set for June 10. Will be on Steam, Humble Store, and Playism. Price will be 6.99 USD.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:12 am 

This cheap?! Holy crap! I'm so happy I didn't waste my 8 euros of my Steam Wallet, then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 am 

instant buy for me, although I seem to remember not liking the new music quite as much as the original.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:17 am 

It's here!
6.99 for the game, 8.98 (later 11.98) for the game and the OST.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:03 am 

Seems like people have already caught wind that Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo has now been released on Steam!

Though to keep everything in one post, here's everything about the release so far...

Windows ONLY. We are sorry to say due to the unique engine, there are no current plans for SteamOS/Linux/Mac ports.

Steam
Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo ($6.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzSteam
Soundtrack DLC ($4.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzOST
Game + Soundtrack (NORMALLY 15% discount, ~$10USD), (RELEASE WEEK 25% discount, $8.98USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzBundle

Humble Store (DRM-free)
Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo ($6.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechRitzHumble
Soundtrack DLC ($4.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzOSTHumble

That's it for now! You're free to ask questions here or on the Steam forums and I'll be back when we have more updates!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 am 

Bought and...... I'm having issues. it won't recognise my usb Saturn pad, which isn't a big deal as I have others which it probably will recognise, but it also will not save my my settings when I rebind my movement keys. it auto resets them to being the number pad when I launch the game.

*edit* I bought the soundtrack bundle, but as an aside does anyone know if the sound track to the original game is available to download anywhere??

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:53 pm 

JESUS CHRIST, STEEL RONDO'S A LOT MORE BULLET HELLISH THAN VANILLA.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:13 pm 

^^^Seems to have the same style to me, just rank seems better balanced.

Game is GOOD. The alternate verisons of stage 2 and 3 are GREAT. Bit disappointed that the alternatives of 4 and 5 are more like remixes/cut content of eachother, having mostly similar setpieces and patterns, but I can't really complain considering this game is easily in my top 3 stg ever.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:17 pm 

apparently my laptop was just being stupid earlier, the game now accepts my Saturn controller. still can't rebind my keyboard movement keys though.

I don't think it seems much more bullet hellish. I managed to 1cc it on my first credit, but I got the bad ending -_-;. I ran out of time vs the boss of the last stage and didn't trigger the TLB. that was the first time I've ever fought the non-TLB teddy guy. I was at very low rank so the fight went on forever. I do love this game though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:45 pm 

I'll be damned then.
I know not everyone plays for score with their first credit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:48 pm 

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! I also just read the Steam review you left, it was better than anything I could've written myself :D

Squire Grooktook wrote:
^^^Seems to have the same style to me, just rank seems better balanced.

Game is GOOD. The alternate verisons of stage 2 and 3 are GREAT. Bit disappointed that the alternatives of 4 and 5 are more like remixes/cut content of eachother, having mostly similar setpieces and patterns, but I can't really complain considering this game is easily in my top 3 stg ever.

Auto-resets your keyboard movement rebindings? I'll let the team know about this immediately. We had previously encountered this bug only once before and since we hadn't heard much about it from our glance at the forums, we thought it might've been a unique case with that PC or keyboard. Thank you for reporting it though!

Immryr wrote:
apparently my laptop was just being stupid earlier, the game now accepts my Saturn controller. still can't rebind my keyboard movement keys though.

I don't think it seems much more bullet hellish. I managed to 1cc it on my first credit, but I got the bad ending -_-;. I ran out of time vs the boss of the last stage and didn't trigger the TLB. that was the first time I've ever fought the non-TLB teddy guy. I was at very low rank so the fight went on forever. I do love this game though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:12 pm 

JohnsonHanaji wrote:
Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! I also just read the Steam review you left, it was better than anything I could've written myself :D

Ah thank you, that's a very big compliment, coming from the publisher.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:50 pm 

Playism release when?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:38 pm 

MathU wrote:

Autofire is required for maximum damage output on the Yellow ship sadly.

Just did a starting rank 0 TLB run with all alternate stages, really fun experience. Nice improvement over the original game & looking forward to the higher ranks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:15 pm 

Edit: Actually, nevermind.

Last edited by kane on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:50 am 

JohnsonHanaji wrote:
Humble Store (DRM-free)

I just bought this via the link you provided, but I don't see a DRM-free download link in my account, just a Steam key - is the former not added yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:37 am 

We're estimating sometime next week. They asked for a bit more material compared to Steam and Humble, which we sent off yesterday.

MathU wrote:
Playism release when?

Strange, it should be available. I've notified the team and we will check the issue. In the meanwhile, perhaps refer to Humble's DRM-Free download support page https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/204277138-How-to-Download-DRM-Free-Content and if there turns out to be an issue we will compensate you for your troubles.

BulletMagnet wrote:
JohnsonHanaji wrote:
Humble Store (DRM-free)

I just bought this via the link you provided, but I don't see a DRM-free download link in my account, just a Steam key - is the former not added yet?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next