shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:31 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:42 pm 

boagman wrote:
::sigh:: Wasn't able to purchase either one. Just couldn't get to it at the right time. And I *honestly* didn't care about the Collector's Edition...I just wanted to play the thing in English!

If you missed it, you can try the Waitlist:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

As HydrogLox stated, they print a bit more than they sell. These are typically used for promotions and replacements on damaged shipments and defective discs. They claim that they have about 70 Collector's Editions reserved for such purposes, and they'll let people on this waitlist buy them around June after they deal with any claims.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:50 am 

MR_Soren wrote:
boagman wrote:
::sigh:: Wasn't able to purchase either one. Just couldn't get to it at the right time. And I *honestly* didn't care about the Collector's Edition...I just wanted to play the thing in English!

If you missed it, you can try the Waitlist:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

As HydrogLox stated, they print a bit more than they sell. These are typically used for promotions and replacements on damaged shipments and defective discs. They claim that they have about 70 Collector's Editions reserved for such purposes, and they'll let people on this waitlist buy them around June after they deal with any claims.

Thank you. I submitted my email to them just in case. Here's hoping, but I won't be holding my breath. Life happens.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:33 am 

Wanted to reach out to the community for some assistance with Dariusburst CS, the Japanese PS4 version. I cannot add local co-op players in AC modes. The controllers register. I can use them to edit their controls in the Option menu, so I know the game recognizes them. I can play co-op in other games, but for some reason I cannot 'Press Start" and add players before beginning AC or Chronicle modes.

Any advice? I feel like I'm just overlooking an extremely simple thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:19 pm 

I'm getting a little concerned, because it's been over a week since I placed my order and the order status still shows as "unfulfilled." I bought one of each version of Dariusburst, and LRG billed my credit card for the full amount, so I'm fairly sure my order got in on time (I ordered with the morning release).

Usually my orders from LRG arrive quickly. Has anybody else gotten a "fulfilled" order status, or received your games?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

If you look at your order confirmation email:
Quote:
It may take up to 10 business days for your order to ship.

So basically if the order remains "unfulfilled" by May 15 file a support ticket to find out whats going on - before that, it's a "please, be patient" situation.
After every event they have thousands of orders (in this case also including Nova-111) to ship which probably is a bit of a grind and for all we know they might be doing the single item orders first.

I got a shipping confirmation email for a single standard DB-CS from the morning batch on May 2 (the order is marked as "fulfilled"), the tracking went active May 3 ("Data Received") - but past that, no new developments. Typically I have to wait approximately 4 weeks after the event before I have the game in-hand (or longer if they have an exhibit at a "trade show" right after the event).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 pm 

There are only a few people trying to pick, pack, and ship thousands of orders. Give it another week. Mine just came in on Saturday, but I only ordered the LE of DariusBurst CS.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:14 pm 

Yeah, I jumped the gun. My account is showing this order fulfilled as of today. Strangely enough, I never got a confirmation email for this, nor for any of my past LRG orders, but I do get their promotional emails.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:42 pm 

So does event mode work in the ps4 version or its the same as in the PC version?

I wish they would replace that with an EX2 mode and take the opportunity to put the bosses exclusive to CS and Chronicle savior mode.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 pm 

So do you lots think there will be any more DLC's?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:40 am 

PFG 9000 wrote:
Yeah, I jumped the gun. My account is showing this order fulfilled as of today. Strangely enough, I never got a confirmation email for this, nor for any of my past LRG orders, but I do get their promotional emails.

My order still says unfulfilled. Getting worried about it. First order with LRG so not sure if this is normal or not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:45 pm 

File a support ticket ASAP - they've had their 10 business days and since last Friday they are knee deep in new Mutant Mudds orders.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:11 pm 

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 7891458048

Limited Run Games and Degica are also partnering together to release a physical Vita EN version as well!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:28 am 

I've hit a wall in CS mode... Hungry Gluttons and Thousand Bullets are destroying me.

Any advice? They just won't die, I can't even get through their defenses.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:53 am 

cj iwakura wrote:
I've hit a wall in CS mode... Hungry Gluttons and Thousand Bullets are destroying me.

I had a great deal of trouble there as well. Got quite frustrated. I don't want to give you too much information since I want you to enjoy the thrill of victory, but efficient use of Fixed Burst is very important, IIRC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:39 pm 

A bit off-topic, but Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders just hit the iPhones today. Who's gonna download it? I see TI2 (the protagonist of Dariusburst) is making a cameo appearance along with several other Taito characters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:16 am 

Wow, the music in AC mode is on a whole other level. I'm starting to wish I got the PS4 version, though. It's almost impossible to read the text on the PSV screen when using that widescreen display.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:09 am 

How many years later and I still can't properly counterburst? Fuck the timing of this stupid horseshit.

After leaving the game for a while I am trying to get to those new bosses in CS mode. Losing to the same drawn out stage at the last boss (dark flare/helios) 4 times in a row sapped my desire to continue especially with a piddly pea-shooter and a slow-ass burst unit (Legend).

At least to boost some of my confidence and enjoyment of the game I got a 1CC in AC original, route CFK using Next.

Aren't there new bosses in EX as well?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:50 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
Aren't there new bosses in EX as well?

Gigantic Whip in X I think. One of my favorites in the game, actually. And probably my favorite track in the ost.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:10 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
How many years later and I still can't properly counterburst? Fuck the timing of this stupid horseshit.

Try to visualize it like this:
When you press the Burst button, there's a slight delay between the button press and the Burst being fired. If you get hit by an enemy Burst during that delay, you'll pull off a Counterburst.

Also constantly use Fixed Burst for bonus damage.

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:34 am 

The burst doesn't appear all at once the instant you press the button, but the button press itself should be timed at about the same moment you would get hit by the laser. Maybe slightly in advance but if you consciously try to start early you'll likely be too early. I recorded a video showing my keypresses in a run, maybe it'll help to step through that video slowly to see how the timing works. The button display has a one-frame delay but the timing required isn't frame-perfect anyway.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:47 pm 

Squire Grooktook wrote:

Gigantic Whip in X I think. One of my favorites in the game, actually. And probably my favorite track in the ost.

Do you know track's title?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:58 pm 

Catabolism

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:01 pm 

Ah, one of those tracks which reminds me Squarepusher style :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:29 am 

cj iwakura wrote:

HUngry gluttons is pretty much a quick finger to go trough the orb bullets, and when he uses his seeking lasers (those that stop and track you again several times, and the homing green ones) its best to be on top then move downwards.
Besides that its highly adviced to do counterburst. Dont run into the laser, wait for it to move into you.

For thousand bullets I cant really say much other than hes WILL use its green beam if you destroy all the fins he uses for one attack, each time.

How easy to do the burst counter depends on how fast you make contact with the laser beam. Waiting for the beam to fire into you is the worst option since the beam moves to the left of the screen at an incredibly fast speed. However you move alot slower so moving into the beam after it fired is a better option since its much easier to activate the burst at the right time.

If you really must counter a beam by waiting for it to be fired at you (Great thing's dolphins), MY way of doing it is to move away from the beam as its about to fire, to reduce the difference in speed between you and the laser.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:52 pm 

Page is up for Limited Run #66: Dariusburst CS (Vita)

4000 copies @ US$49.99 each - 2017-Jun-23 10:00 am (Eastern time zone (UTC-05:00))

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:46 am 

HydrogLox wrote:
Page is up for Limited Run #66: Dariusburst CS (Vita)

4000 copies @ US$49.99 each - 2017-Jun-23 10:00 am (Eastern time zone (UTC-05:00))

What am I missing? This is, and has been, available for a long time. What's different about this?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:16 am 

US vs. JP version.

It's basically the PSN-US version which is has full English localization, is compatible with PSN-US DLC, with the X and O buttons working to the US standard on a physical PS Vita cartridge.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 am 

HydrogLox wrote:
US vs. JP version.

It's basically the PSN-US version which is has full English localization, is compatible with PSN-US DLC, with the X and O buttons working to the US standard on a physical PS Vita cartridge.

Has a similar PS4 version been released already, or will it ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:43 am 

The LRG PS4 release came and went on April 28.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:04 pm 

Oh, I missed that, thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next