shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 82  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:01 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3512
The lack of Forgotten Worlds is tragic.


So what the fuck is next... Triangle Service DLC?
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:06 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2014
Posts: 770
Please do new bosses instead of recolours :(


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:55 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 2790
Location: Denmarku
Next is NMK DLC, and then Kaneko. Finally we get UPL. Lots to look forward to.

edit: Shit, forgot Visco and Aicom.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:40 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2010
Posts: 688
Well, it would be nice if some G.rev/Treasure would make the cut, but I dunno, considering their source material. But...(just 1 rep. from each game.)

The ship from Border Down could work. Dunno for the copters from Under Defeat, the Mechs from Strania and/or Wartech/SNR, or even the lone mecha from Kokuga.

On Treasure's side...both the ships from Raidiant Silvergun and Ikaruga...heck, even as a "joke ship" (like Windia, for example), the protagonist from Gunstar Heroes.

And just for extras under the Warashi line, tho since out of business a while back...The mecha gals from Triggerheart Excelica, but then again, the anchor system, may or may not work how DBCS actually plays through.
_________________
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 976
The Antares and UD heli could work in DBCS, though the weapon system of Strania would take a lot of adjusting to DBCS in terms of weapon placement, drops, and DBCS' current linear weapon upgrade system (maybe they'll put in some more effort for their own games). Alternatively Senko no Ronde could be an option, I guess.

I'd like to see a MOSS/Seibu Kaihatsu pack too. The Raiden would work just fine if you replaced red and green orbs wth the weapon/missile containers from Raiden, and aside from that you could have one of the Raiden Fighters ships and Caladrius/Viper Phase.
_________________
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:
the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:59 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Posts: 832
Location: Dallas
Two huge objects are approaching fast....but not until August, but pre-order now.

I am.

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-RO ... _WD_SP093a
_________________
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:09 pm 



Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 1227
Aleksei wrote:
Two huge objects are approaching fast....but not until August, but pre-order now.

I am.

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-RO ... _WD_SP093a

It's nice, but to me it's not $200 + shipping costs nice.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:07 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2014
Posts: 770
https://youtu.be/zfPaODXMap0

Please explain what Iron Fossil does here...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Posts: 832
Location: Dallas
boagman wrote:
Aleksei wrote:
Two huge objects are approaching fast....but not until August, but pre-order now.

I am.

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-RO ... _WD_SP093a

It's nice, but to me it's not $200 + shipping costs nice.


It's all relative, I'm a modeler and I play shmups so it's worth it to me.
_________________
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:14 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2014
Posts: 2421
Location: Singin' in the rain of extends
qmish wrote:
https://youtu.be/zfPaODXMap0

Please explain what Iron Fossil does here...

"Adapting to the times" is what it's doing.
_________________
NTSC-J wrote:
You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:02 am 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 2790
Location: Denmarku
What IS that even? Is that what video games look like now?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:04 am 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2014
Posts: 171
Location: Zenovia Island
Nice of them to do some Capcom, but seriously no 1940?

Here's hoping they make some Irem, Konami and SNK as well.
_________________
Image Image Image Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:55 am 



Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 1227
Aleksei wrote:
It's all relative, I'm a modeler and I play shmups so it's worth it to me.

Oh, indeed. That's why I made sure to include "to me" in there. I'm not a modeler, and while I respect that quality things cost money, this thing just wouldn't be worth that to me, or anywhere near that cost.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 1641
Location: Grave of Culture
Kiken wrote:
So what the fuck is next... Triangle Service DLC?


I'd have thought an Irem pack would be nigh impossible, but Degica included R-Type in a poll a while ago. R-Type / X-Multiply / Image Fight DLC would be incredible, and certainly workable in terms of stage design...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:42 pm 



Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 1227
Klatrymadon wrote:
Kiken wrote:
So what the fuck is next... Triangle Service DLC?


I'd have thought an Irem pack would be nigh impossible, but Degica included R-Type in a poll a while ago. R-Type / X-Multiply / Image Fight DLC would be incredible, and certainly workable in terms of stage design...

Wouldn't "In The Hunt" be oddly appropriate as well, given Darius' nautical theme? I think a submarine for a main ship would be kind of funny/cool.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3083
Location: Latis / Netherlands
boagman wrote:
Klatrymadon wrote:
Kiken wrote:
So what the fuck is next... Triangle Service DLC?


I'd have thought an Irem pack would be nigh impossible, but Degica included R-Type in a poll a while ago. R-Type / X-Multiply / Image Fight DLC would be incredible, and certainly workable in terms of stage design...

Wouldn't "In The Hunt" be oddly appropriate as well, given Darius' nautical theme? I think a submarine for a main ship would be kind of funny/cool.


haha, thought of that one as well. :)
But frankly "In The Hunt" is probably too much of a rarity to be considered for commercial viable DLC. (though I wonder how much money the available DLC has generated for the publishers... seems more like fan service)
I'd probably buy it though...
_________________
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 am 



Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 498
In The Hunt isn't any more obscure than most of the DLC they've released so far--it's part of the Dotemu Irem compilation on Steam, even.

Dragon Breed, Mr. Heli, Image Fight, X-Multiply... there are plenty of candidates, not to mention R-Type which could easily fill its own pack. (The same is true of Konami & Gradius.)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:02 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2014
Posts: 171
Location: Zenovia Island
So let's throw around some ideas:

* Irem: R-Type, Image Fight and In The Hunt
* Konami: Gradius II, Thunder Cross and Xexex
* Toaplan: Truxton II, V-Five and Batsugun
* Psikyo: Sengoku Blade, Dragon Blaze and Strikers 1945 Plus
* SNK: Alpha Mission II, Last Resort and Blazing Star
* Hudson: Super Star Soldier, Air Zonk and Lords of Thunder
* Masaya: Gleylancer, Wings of Wor and Cho Aniki
* Namco: Thunder Ceptor, Baraduke and Dragon Saber
* Treasure: Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga and Bangai-O
_________________
Image Image Image Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:57 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2015
Posts: 26
This'd be a long shot, but a pack dedicated to doujin shmups would be interesting to see. There's a lot of good shmuppery out there to confine to just three entries, though. Astebreed, Crimzon Clover, Hellsinker, StellaVanity, Blue Wish, Ether Vapor... Heck, Touhou could probably fill a pack on its own by focusing on the gimmicks of three specific games.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:35 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2014
Posts: 754
Magma Dragoon wrote:
So let's throw around some ideas:

* Irem: R-Type, Image Fight and In The Hunt
* Konami: Gradius II, Thunder Cross and Xexex
* Toaplan: Truxton II, V-Five and Batsugun
* Psikyo: Sengoku Blade, Dragon Blaze and Strikers 1945 Plus
* SNK: Alpha Mission II, Last Resort and Blazing Star
* Hudson: Super Star Soldier, Air Zonk and Lords of Thunder
* Masaya: Gleylancer, Wings of Wor and Cho Aniki
* Namco: Thunder Ceptor, Baraduke and Dragon Saber
* Treasure: Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga and Bangai-O


Konami: Gradius II? Why not Gradius V?
Namco: You're forgetting about Xevious, though. Their flagship shmup franchise.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2014
Posts: 2421
Location: Singin' in the rain of extends
Can't have Konami DLC without some TwinBee.
_________________
NTSC-J wrote:
You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.

1cc list | Twitch | YouTube


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:05 am 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 2781
Location: laser fantasy
Sumez wrote:
You could say the same for Progear/Cave though.

The situation around Progear is complicated. It seems Capcom retains some rights over the game, which is why it's hard to rerelease and which is why Capcom published the soundtracks.

This seems to be the case surrounding Giga Wing and Mars Matrix... except Takumi never ran into any issue making Yokushin to be published by Taito. CAVE, last I checked, can't do anything derivative of Progear without going to Capcom.

I get the feeling G.rev or Taito wanted to pick another actual Capcom game anyway, but fan demand said Progear. There's no 194X because of Varth, which is honestly a similar game (especially with its mega stage count). Totally could have went with Lost Worlds or Ultimate Ecology... or even Chariot...
_________________
In 1989,The Great Wall was discoverd
In 1990,The Picket Fence was also discoverd


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:24 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Posts: 204
boagman wrote:
Aleksei wrote:
Two huge objects are approaching fast....but not until August, but pre-order now.

I am.

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-RO ... _WD_SP093a

It's nice, but to me it's not $200 + shipping costs nice.


... I wish I had 200 spare dollars. I'd get one.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2014
Posts: 171
Location: Zenovia Island
xxx1993 wrote:
Konami: Gradius II? Why not Gradius V?
Namco: You're forgetting about Xevious, though. Their flagship shmup franchise.


I just picked the one I think is the most classic/well known, otherwise I'd have picked Gaiden.

As for Xevious, I considered it but it doesn't have much in the way of weaponry. Besides, they didn't picked 1940 as well which is Capcom's flagship shmup.

Despatche wrote:
I get the feeling G.rev or Taito wanted to pick another actual Capcom game anyway, but fan demand said Progear. There's no 194X because of Varth, which is honestly a similar game (especially with its mega stage count). Totally could have went with Lost Worlds or Ultimate Ecology... or even Chariot...


I'd have picked 1944 myself, but Forgotten Worlds would be fine as well.

Tought of a few more, by the way:

* Technosoft: Thunder Force IV, Hyper Duel and Blast Wind
* Jaleco: Cybattler, EDF: Earth Defense Force and Formation Z
* Data East: Boogie Wings, Super Real Darwin and Vapor Trail
* Compile: Blazing Lazers, MUSHA and Zanac X Zanac
* Hudson: Super Star Soldier, Air Zonk and Lords of Thunder
* Success: Cotton, Guardian Force and Psyvariar
* Sammy: Viewpoint, Change Air Blade and Lethal Skies
* NMK: Hacha Mecha Fighter, Thunder Dragon 2 and Zed Blade
* Apogee: Tyrian, Raptor: Call of the Shadows and Stargunner
* Square-Enix: Einhänder, iS: Internal Section and Thexder NEO
_________________
Image Image Image Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:25 pm 


Banned User
User avatar

Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Posts: 488
Nice Tweet from Degica just now.
_________________
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Posts: 204
So we've officially announced the new Capcom DLC (CharaAni jumped the gun on us!) You can read a little about it here, as well as the Limited Edition PS4 version.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 pm 



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 1130
Location: Ontario, Canada
blog.degigames.com wrote:
Both [physical PS4] versions will be available exclusively from Limited Run Games.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:29 pm 



Joined: 28 Feb 2016
Posts: 73
NickPalmerDegica wrote:
So we've officially announced the new Capcom DLC (CharaAni jumped the gun on us!) You can read a little about it here, as well as the Limited Edition PS4 version.

Can you please make the soundtracks (from both the first limited edition released in Japan, and now this second edition) available as DLC on Steam?
As it currently stands, those who went for a digital version on PC miss out on them... :(


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Posts: 204
Can't make promises of course, but I'll make sure it is brought up with the devs.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 pm 



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 395
Location: The hood
So, now that a fancy retail release is coming out for the PS4 in the US... is there any reason to go with the PS4 version over the PC one? I know the PC version supports two monitors, but I've also heard it has some crash issues and general Japanese PC port ghettoness. Anyone care to weigh in on that stuff?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 82  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: remedial_gash and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group