shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:14 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Deinterlaced Mushi PS2 (and Ibara)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:13 am 

jessiewonka wrote:
Fudoh wrote:
Ok, I can confirm it. Just grabbed a PAL copy and checked and both Gunbird 1 and 2 are running in true 240p. I then looked for my NTSC copy (korean version with Strikers 1+2 in the same package) and tried this and - guess what - it's running in 240p as well. Can't really say why I assumed that Gunbird's running in 480i in the collection - sorry about that.

This makes the PS2 compilation quite nice with Gunbird 1 just a good as the Saturn version and Gunbird 2 just up there with the DC version unless you need VGA. (and let's not discuss the catastrophic PS1 version).

When playing Gunbird 2 on a Dreamcast/Hanzo/Kenzei/XRGB-mini I've had the Hanzo on the RGB (480i) setting. But I keep reading there's a way to force 240p for certain Dreamcast games, Gunbird 2 included. How would I do this with my setup?

Or does that only work with patched games?

DC Gunbird 2 natively outputs 240p (hence why you have to use the forcing trick to get it to display over VGA, which causes numerous graphical glitches anyway).

Also, the PS2 port of Gunbird 2 has altered enemy and object placement when compared to the DC and PCB versions. DC version is pretty damn PCB accurate aside from the inclusion of Morrigan.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:32 am 

Kiken wrote:
jessiewonka wrote:
Fudoh wrote:
Ok, I can confirm it. Just grabbed a PAL copy and checked and both Gunbird 1 and 2 are running in true 240p. I then looked for my NTSC copy (korean version with Strikers 1+2 in the same package) and tried this and - guess what - it's running in 240p as well. Can't really say why I assumed that Gunbird's running in 480i in the collection - sorry about that.

This makes the PS2 compilation quite nice with Gunbird 1 just a good as the Saturn version and Gunbird 2 just up there with the DC version unless you need VGA. (and let's not discuss the catastrophic PS1 version).

When playing Gunbird 2 on a Dreamcast/Hanzo/Kenzei/XRGB-mini I've had the Hanzo on the RGB (480i) setting. But I keep reading there's a way to force 240p for certain Dreamcast games, Gunbird 2 included. How would I do this with my setup?

Or does that only work with patched games?

DC Gunbird 2 natively outputs 240p (hence why you have to use the forcing trick to get it to display over VGA, which causes numerous graphical glitches anyway).

Also, the PS2 port of Gunbird 2 has altered enemy and object placement when compared to the DC and PCB versions. DC version is pretty damn PCB accurate aside from the inclusion of Morrigan.

Natively, even over the Hanzo in RGB (480i)? So you're saying I'm already playing in 240p?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:02 pm 

Rupert H wrote:
non working:

Vampire: Darstalker's Collection (JPN)

I beg to differ, hexediting to 240p works beautifully on this one.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 am 

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=14c3 ... 2594edcc9c[/quote]

Could you please re-upload the patches for Ibara and Mushi?

The link has expired

thank u very much

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 pm 

http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=6046&ttitle=CAVE_PS2_Deinterlacers

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9